What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OZZs Grow Show

OZZ_

Veteran
BEA75690-1828-4B75-9D55-4EDD19F7B5B8.jpeg

Continued stretch …. Some tops are now in the 900-1000 ppfd range so we are nearly maxed out. Hopefully they will stop soon otherwise I’ll need to bend some more tops down

Looking great overall though really loving this new nutrient lineup. Plants aren’t asking for a thing.

2B421937-5F21-41EC-905C-1368333FE900.jpeg

6E88AB53-CCD0-4DC6-B6DC-96B30DB0E9E4.jpeg

Biosystem

Some good lookin' stuff, Ozz. I like your photography of your plants and flowers. You spend so much time caring for these plants and babying their every need - it always seems like a wasted opportunity when you see pics of plants or buds that are all fuzzy or poorly lit. I haven't heard of the Solfire Genetix Bitties before, but we'll see how she acts in flowering. Looks like a nice setup.

Of all the strains you've mentioned in this thread which would you have to come down to as your favorite? I know it can be a tricky question as moods call for different things, pros/cons and all that, but if you were buggering off to a secluded farm in the middle of nowhere and you were going to grow out and heirloom a strain for the rest of your days, which would you pick and why?

OZZ_

Veteran
Some good lookin' stuff, Ozz. I like your photography of your plants and flowers. You spend so much time caring for these plants and babying their every need - it always seems like a wasted opportunity when you see pics of plants or buds that are all fuzzy or poorly lit. I haven't heard of the Solfire Genetix Bitties before, but we'll see how she acts in flowering. Looks like a nice setup.

Of all the strains you've mentioned in this thread which would you have to come down to as your favorite? I know it can be a tricky question as moods call for different things, pros/cons and all that, but if you were buggering off to a secluded farm in the middle of nowhere and you were going to grow out and heirloom a strain for the rest of your days, which would you pick and why?

Thanks Bio…. That’s a tough call I have to say, but I really love my Doors x original haze #2. You can see my descriptions up above in my post where I break down the differences between the phenos. It’s just such a clear headed energetic high without edginess or paranoia. Great herb….. I gotta say anything from ACE is stellar as well but I need to dig more into their lines soon (and I plan too shortly).

I’m really just starting to dig into my genetics library…. So I’m quite certain in a year or two from now I will have found some stellar plants 🤙🤙🤙

Biosystem

Thanks Bio…. That’s a tough call I have to say, but I really love my Doors x original haze #2. You can see my descriptions up above in my post where I break down the differences between the phenos. It’s just such a clear headed energetic high without edginess or paranoia. Great herb….. I gotta say anything from ACE is stellar as well but I need to dig more into their lines soon (and I plan too shortly).

I have always wanted to try Ace's stuff as well. I've just about made up my mind that when I start to hunt for an awesome sativa strain I'll go straight to Ace's Malawi Gold and pop 24 seeds and see which female is the most potent and enjoyable.

Have you tried that one? I always wondered how folks picked their sativas from Ace since they all sound so damn good. But from all I've read their Malawi Gold is the strongest in most cases. Not sure why.

Thanks for the link for the clips btw. I've never seen those and they look super cool.

OZZ_

Veteran
I have always wanted to try Ace's stuff as well. I've just about made up my mind that when I start to hunt for an awesome sativa strain I'll go straight to Ace's Malawi Gold and pop 24 seeds and see which female is the most potent and enjoyable.

Have you tried that one? I always wondered how folks picked their sativas from Ace since they all sound so damn good. But from all I've read their Malawi Gold is the strongest in most cases. Not sure why.

Thanks for the link for the clips btw. I've never seen those and they look super cool.

I had a very nice Malawi in my last run, but I burned her running it in the autopots…. NLDs in the autopots is a bit of a learning curve. I’ve only been using the autopots for about 6 - 8 months or so now so still getting my technique down on the NLDs, but I now know what I’ll need to change on the next attempt. If your looking for sheer potency the Malawi or the Golden Tiger seems to be where it’s at.

Here’s the Malawi in early flower before I burned her. Beautiful plant! Will reattempt soon.

C6B74B79-EC8C-482C-AD8C-5BFAA2821945.jpeg

Biosystem

I had a very nice Malawi in my last run, but I burned her running it in the autopots…. NLDs in the autopots is a bit of a learning curve. I’ve only been using the autopots for about 6 - 8 months or so now so still getting my technique down on the NLDs, but I now know what I’ll need to change on the next attempt. If your looking for sheer potency the Malawi or the Golden Tiger seems to be where it’s at.

Here’s the Malawi in early flower before I burned her. Beautiful plant! Will reattempt soon.

View attachment 18764790

That is a gorgeous plant. I would have loved to see what photos you got after a good flowering. Such a pity about that flowering time. Isn't Malawi Gold like 12 weeks minimum?

OZZ_

Veteran
That is a gorgeous plant. I would have loved to see what photos you got after a good flowering. Such a pity about that flowering time. Isn't Malawi Gold like 12 weeks minimum?

I believe the ACE website says their Malawi is around 12-13 weeks 👍👍👍

Biosystem

I believe the ACE website says their Malawi is around 12-13 weeks 👍👍👍

That's a pretty long time. I don't know if I'd grow it full bore, but I could see always having one or two long-flowering plants sitting in the back of the garden taking their sweet time while I churn harvests of fast flowerers in the other space.

Then again I haven't yet had the pleasure of sampling those real Sativa varieties, so maybe I'd sing a different tune once I tried 'em and compared them to the hybrids I'm more used to. So much to experiment with and explore. Exciting stuff. Looking forward to seeing how your ladies turn out this time.

OZZ_

Veteran
That's a pretty long time. I don't know if I'd grow it full bore, but I could see always having one or two long-flowering plants sitting in the back of the garden taking their sweet time while I churn harvests of fast flowerers in the other space.

Then again I haven't yet had the pleasure of sampling those real Sativa varieties, so maybe I'd sing a different tune once I tried 'em and compared them to the hybrids I'm more used to. So much to experiment with and explore. Exciting stuff. Looking forward to seeing how your ladies turn out this time.

Thanks Bio I am as well! Definitely spend some time reading through the ACE forum if you are interested in learning more about their offerings…. Lots of great information over there 😉🤘🤘

Biosystem

Dude, that's so cool. I know you might feel like they're moving in slow motion some days, but in just 3 days you can see the difference from the photos on Saturday. The stretch on these girls reminds me of Thai Basil. If you get the chance, would you mind getting some more close up photos of how you did your big bending? I'm curious how many branches you bent, where and how much defoliating you did. You just gonna let 'em go wild until the end of flower or do you think you'll keep manipulating? Not too sure how many times and how late you decide to bend skyscraper branches. I'm currently on day 11 of what's pretty much my first real flower, and I've done some bending, but I'm nervous to overdo it. Curious what your take is on that - you seem to have gorgeous success with these "stretchy" strains.
Great growth so far, man. Congrats!

OZZ_

Veteran
Dude, that's so cool. I know you might feel like they're moving in slow motion some days, but in just 3 days you can see the difference from the photos on Saturday. The stretch on these girls reminds me of Thai Basil. If you get the chance, would you mind getting some more close up photos of how you did your big bending? I'm curious how many branches you bent, where and how much defoliating you did. You just gonna let 'em go wild until the end of flower or do you think you'll keep manipulating? Not too sure how many times and how late you decide to bend skyscraper branches. I'm currently on day 11 of what's pretty much my first real flower, and I've done some bending, but I'm nervous to overdo it. Curious what your take is on that - you seem to have gorgeous success with these "stretchy" strains.
Great growth so far, man. Congrats!

I won’t do anymore training or bending of any kind after today as it’s getting too far into flower to continue stressing them, I’ve contained them as best I can after misjudging the stretch and now it’s time to let them recover and focus on building flowers. It should be mentioned that this isn’t ideal having the tent over grown like this and it’s certainly not the goal. I much prefer to better judge stretch and time the flip so that these measures are not needed…. But these techniques work when in a pinch.

This is the first time I’ve used the larger 4 gallon pots of coco and perilite…. I’m guessing that’s the reason for such extreme stretch on them and I’ll adjust moving forward.

As far as the defoliation goes I hit them pretty heavy, removing an entire 13 gallon trash bag of leaves from the four plants combined. Also not ideal but also a necessary action when things get this overgrown…. You gotta let light get down into that canopy.

Here are some pictures for you. Here you can see a branch I bent over just this morning, in a few days the bend will knuckle up and thicken and the end of the branch will start turning upright to face the light

0F8983BC-8214-49FC-98C4-F070E070F6EC.jpeg

…. And right in front of it you can see a branch I bent over previously in the same manner that has now developed a knuckle and thickened up…. Turning up towards the light

093DCE15-8802-48C0-A5BC-C6292621E5CF.jpeg

…. And here a different branch all together that I used a plant hook on

8F76D3E8-5CE9-44D7-BC9E-5B1155E169F7.jpeg

….. and here those same plant hooks used on the base of the stems when I was widening them out in veg to create a wide and what was supposed to be …. Flat canopy … but that clearly got away from me.

11AECF85-37D9-4D91-BED7-D8FB2AEEAC1B.jpeg

B3A26F36-FE96-494B-AB8A-ABCA84BDDA35.jpeg

….. on the next run with this strain I’ll now know what to expect and can do a much better job, since this was the first time it was a bit of a gamble. Today I took clones for the next run, will be running two of my keeper Platinum Kush Breath and two of the keeper Code Red selection in the same manner here, the only difference is I’ve run both of those strains before and know they don’t stretch nearly as much, so I should be able to do a much better job with their training and hopefully create a better canopy.

As for now nothing to do but sit back and keep the res filled for these girls so they can get to stacking 😉🤘🤘🤘

Biosystem

Those are great photos. I am really digging those clamp pieces. They give me ideas. What's your expected harvest week for this strain? I've never heard of it before seeing this thread. I'm taking a stab and guessing over 12 weeks?
Also, I cannot believe those pots are 4 gallons. From looking at the size of the plants in those photos I thought those pots were much smaller. HUGE. PLANTS. SON.

OZZ_

Veteran
Those are great photos. I am really digging those clamp pieces. They give me ideas. What's your expected harvest week for this strain? I've never heard of it before seeing this thread. I'm taking a stab and guessing over 12 weeks?
Also, I cannot believe those pots are 4 gallons. From looking at the size of the plants in those photos I thought those pots were much smaller. HUGE. PLANTS. SON.

These plants are indica dom modern day hybrids…. Solfire Gardens “Bitties” (Exotic Genetix Jigglers x Solfire Bahama mama). I’m guessing around 8-9 weeks. The breeders say 56 days but they also say short stocky bushes lmao so we will see! 🤣🤣🤣