What's new

Over the Edge - Fifth estate

Big waste of young talent. Too bad of this tragedy.
Also an eye opener; Nelson, B.C. resistant to recessions. Sucessful businesses. Dense with Marijuana grow-ops. Amsterdam is also a very successful place. Interesting..

rb420

It was too bad. Seemed like a smart young man.

I think CBC did a pretty good job documenting this tragedy with a seemingly unbiased opinion. They could have very easily turned this into an anti-pot thing, but didn't. To bad things went the way they did, all the warning signs of a bust were there for him to see....easy to for me to say that though, a lot different when you are living it.

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
I liked it, good doc

except they were making it seem like his plane went down the whole time.. I was not expecting the suicide.

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
ya i liked it too. i watched it twice, just for the scenery. a shame indeed. his dad was kinda cool but if i knew my kid was up to something i would have made a greater effort to intervein.

Dr Dog

Veteran
what can you do with your adult son?

My Dad stays arm length from my activities. I am sure he knows I am up to something. what it is, I do not think he wants to know

rb420

Very true Dr. Dog. There is not much you can really do with someone like Sam. He was an adult, in his 20's and he would have done what he wanted to regardless of his father's actions. For his father, pressing the issue or bugging him about it would only drive his son to be more secretive about it, not give it up.

Dr Dog

Veteran
not just that... i would imagine that his Dad kind of knew, and now might be kicking himself

But Like stated, I do not know what his dad could have done. My parents stopped dictating my actions well before I was Sam's age

rb420

The one thing that bothered me about the whole thing was that he was bringing coke back across the border. I could do the MJ smuggling with out my conscience bothering me, but never the coke. I realize that is just the way things work in the business but still

wick.96

Tragic.. but play the game and risk everything especially at the level he was at. I grew up there. The news stor, paints a somewhat of a true picture of the area and the main stay industry. It is one of the most beautiful places on the planet..

very sad.....

Latest posts

Latest posts