What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor soil Help

junit

Hey Guys..... I decided on a couple of spots for an Outdoor Adventure.....Not many i just plan on having 2-3 outdoor plants..... They will be clones though so that will Eliminate alot of the BS. I plan on putting them out by the end of this week and not returning untill Harvest. I am Allowing myself one lifeline though to visit the plants at some point....just to make sure things are Kosher.....This is optional though. :)

I know there is a Million Different Soil Methods out there but im looking for some advice on soil for my particular Situation. Ill give you guys a list of what i have as far as materials and i may have room to get one more idem as long as its no more than 10 bucks.

Well First.... You can help me choose which strain to put out.... Im not sure which to choose but yield will be an issue since i will be splitting the spoils with another.

2 Bubblegum clones (TH Seeds)
1 Grape Punch (Clone through mail, Recovering, but will be ok)
1 AK99 (See GP)
Or a Hawiian Punch from Seed..(She is about a foot tall right now)

Suggests?

I have about 80lbs of Regular Soil, no Nutes
Mircale Grow Organic Choice (10-5-10) Few bags
Bone and Blood Meal.
Hydrotron
Orchid Mix (Mix of bark and Charcoal..... I sometimes mix in a little with my soil to absorb Salt and help Drainage)

They will be put into 4-5 gallon pots and they all are close if not rootbound already.

So Any special Mixes, addatives, Voodo?... that can help me properly feed my plants for the half season without being present?

Thanks for your time!

P.S..... What else could i do to her to protect against pests for the season.... Also if anyone has experience with these strains...could ya offfer any info if they are succeptable (SP?...its the effort that counts) mites, mold Etc....

Thanks again.

junit

If i sound dumb its because Im used to being around my Gals 24/7 and hand watering them with a liquid solution in promix....:)

G

High junit. One thing i would suggest is digging holes for your soil. The plants well get rootbound really quick in 5gal buckets outdoors. goodluck. peace and *bong* :friends:

G

How do you plan on watering your girls? I would also not worry about mites\bugs, but would be more concerned with deer and other creatures that might snack on them. If you are not in some climate where it rains often and your girls get mother natures water then I would forget the whole thing and start re-planning. No matter what soil you use it will fail without some watering system. Do some creek hiking this year and find a nice spot for next year and do 6 to 8 plants instead of 3 this year. Start collecting your drip system parts, auto feeder, and battery powered valve.

Or you could just do some nice late dusk or early morning watering under the cover of darkness and enter your site thru different routes each time.

I would die to have that bubblegum clone! Don't kill it!

junit

It rains.....I would say not a whole lot but not that little either........I was planning on visiting if there was a Dry spell. Thanks for bringing the deer to my attentioni would have never really thought of that..... But... Deer are pretty easily kept at bay....I Used to actively hunt them........ usually all it takes is a particular smell that they dont like and their outta there like a hippie at a DARE convention.

I dont plan on killing the bubblegum.......but it wouldnt be all that be... the only ones i actually have the mother from....... So plenty more where they came from.

Junit: Mulch mulch mulch. Dont let the mulch(3 or more inches of dead leaves) touch the trunk directly and lay down any dry ferts underneath the leaves. Ancient trick that gives noticable results in dry climates.

Latest posts

Latest posts