What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor skunk 2022 reports

Plookerkingjon

Hello everybody, I just recently got a parcel of land I can grow on that I did soil samples on and got remediated there were a couple of things that I didn't like that I wanted to make sure would be remediated out of the soil there was an old work shed that was left in the back corner that had been torn down and left and there were high lead levels in that back corner so I pumped out 20 hemp plants and pulled as much as I could out of the area and we did another soil sample and according to my wife this the numbers it dropped significantly enough we're not even worried about it anymore I'm going to try and throw some outdoor in there and I'd love to be able to utilize the space with as much skunk phenotype search as I can. I'm curious to know if anybody had a really good successful year Outdoors this year with skunk especially in the northern Northeast. With a heavy heavy heavy pungent Ester fuel e skunk Turf if it's feasible

Moxa stick

Not from the NE, but at 42 degrees north in Midwest I run a ‘96 Dutch Passion skunk/Durban cross yearly. If I can get to mid/late October before first freeze I find a number of interesting Durban licorice leaning phenos. Best season was one where the plants went thru a late August hail storm followed by a grasshopper invasion. The survivors looked ratty and beat up but were the best to date. Laughed to see dead grasshoppers clinging to the buds, obviously light weights.

Plookerkingjon

I wonder what kind of stress signal the plant sends when it's that close to senescence and it's being attacked by f****** grasshoppers? You know what's funny I used to watch dudes that were that I went to college with do all sorts of experiments and I'll never forget one of them telling me some of the best weed they ever grew had a lot of stress involved

Lunchmoney

I did ok. 39n latitude. Eastern US. Harvest was tricky ( all of fresh trim was lost) as were the final 6 weeks of season as I could only visit the site weekly. I won’t say much of the genetics. I won’t be using them anymore. But the few sites I planted did produce well. “Lemon pineapple sativa hybrid” was a standout. The vigor during veg was unreal. The stretch was double. They smelled amazing on the vine and very very loud the lemon scent would irritate my eyes. I lost nearly all of that scent. After cure some has returned. It’s very nice but not what I expected. Not the ester fuel skunk the area was known to once produce. When I was a teen there was some straight offensive nasty foul skunky weed there. I ended up with several pounds of Reggie -really decent smoke. But no skunky for me. I’d like to find that deep skunk you’re talking about myself

edit: I was told this was lemon skunk Hawaiian sativa cross. Who knows.

Attachments

• B0CF5466-2407-4886-8EC4-498F32193FCA.jpeg
    B0CF5466-2407-4886-8EC4-498F32193FCA.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 69
Last edited: