What's new

Outdoor Aphids in flower (not root aphids)

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Im no longer concerned about the aphids on the plants, just for making sure they die from the cuts I take. I need to take cuts and need somethjng to dip them in that would surely kill them so I can root cuts without issues. Any ideas? Can be poisonous since they will still have to reveg before becoming mothers themselves, so I got time...

...I need to take cuts and need somethjng to dip them in that would surely kill them so I can root cuts without issues. Any ideas? Can be poisonous since they will still have to reveg before becoming mothers themselves, so I got time...

Several things have been mentioned already in this thread...

-Soap & oil in warm water.

-Soap & alcohol in water.

-Diluted alcohol

-"Dr. Zymes"

-Simply wiping the aphids off the cuttings with a paint brush or with your hands/fingers.

-Almost any sort of basic pesticide from the store

There are many many options for such a thing. If they're just small cuttings/clones that you're talking about then I'd simply wipe the aphids off by hand with a paint brush.

Aphids aren't difficult to get rid of at all, especially off a little cutting/clone.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Several things have been mentioned already in this thread...

-Soap & oil in warm water.

-Soap & alcohol in water.

-Diluted alcohol

-"Dr. Zymes"

-Simply wiping the aphids off the cuttings with a paint brush or with your hands/fingers.

-Almost any sort of basic pesticide from the store

There are many many options for such a thing. If they're just small cuttings/clones that you're talking about then I'd simply wipe the aphids off by hand with a paint brush.

Aphids aren't difficult to get rid of at all, especially off a little cutting/clone.

Yeah man these arent your average aphids. After some research i guess these are cannabis specific aphids, they own species. They dont spray off, they hold on and water doesnt wash them away.

2 back to back doses of dr zhymes at strongest recommendation didnt faze them at all. Neem did nothing, sulfur did nothing, safer insecticidal soap did nothing.

A paint brush is a bad idea, i miss one aphid and now im infested inside.

Im not worried about them outside as they arent causing much damage and now its too late to trip, but I want a few cuts of strains, so im trying to figure the right dose of something proven to kill these cannabis aphids. They are resilient like root aphids.

Next year will be truckloads of beneficials outside, swirkis ladybugs and lacewings. And some nematodes for the soil incase thats where they over winter, plus tanglefoot on all lower trunks and ant traps. Not playin with um next go round...

Yeah man these arent your average aphids. After some research i guess these are cannabis specific aphids, they own species. They dont spray off, they hold on and water doesnt wash them away.

2 back to back doses of dr zhymes at strongest recommendation didnt faze them at all. Neem did nothing, sulfur did nothing, safer insecticidal soap did nothing.

A paint brush is a bad idea, i miss one aphid and now im infested inside.

Im not worried about them outside as they arent causing much damage and now its too late to trip, but I want a few cuts of strains, so im trying to figure the right dose of something proven to kill these cannabis aphids. They are resilient like root aphids.

Next year will be truckloads of beneficials outside, swirkis ladybugs and lacewings. And some nematodes for the soil incase thats where they over winter, plus tanglefoot on all lower trunks and ant traps. Not playin with um next go round...

I don't know what to tell ya then.....

I've never heard of aphids not being killed and wiped out by all of those things. That's wild.

I'd say try some rosemary essential oil along with some soap or alcohol all diluted into water and spray that one them. Or just straight up 70% iso alcohol. Both rosemary essential oil and alcohol should kill them on contact.

Or just go to the store and buy some gnarly potent pesticides.

Usually Zymes or neem or sulfur or insecticide soap will easily kill and wipe out aphids though, so I'm not sure what to tell ya. I've never heard of aphids surviving those things.

I wiped out hemp-russet mites this year with the Dr. Zymes, and those are usually much tougher to get rid of than aphids.

Good luck!...Let us know how things go.

And are you taking cuttings/clones from plants that are flowering? How does that work out?

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
So I dipped um in safer 3 in 1, tested a leaf coveredin aphids first, it killt um all good, so dipped my clones in, hopefully it aint to harsh on the plant.

And are you taking cuttings/clones from plants that are flowering? How does that work out?

It usually works pretty good, they go under 24 hour light, seem to reveg faster than trying to reveg the plant with its stock.

Latest posts

Latest posts