What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Original Haze hybrids and psychohaze phenotypes

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
nice bud. I remember that spicy peppery haziness...

hehe :D it doesn't matter in the end. at least we can agree that it is 25%haze.

but todays jacks have more northern lights effect imo. lacks that psychoactivity to me, maybe I am old and I didn't smoke sativa hybrids in that time

Hi,Maha I know what you tryin to say.

But i dont see things like that.this 50% 25% to me it makes no sense.

This cut of JH i very O.Haze yild is very low. Resin production is Like O.Haze even better,taste high and smell is the best i ever had very much Haze .
High is very Hazy much more psydelic and up up than 98'SSH or Core cut.
This cut of JH dont have commercial potency.
93-100 days and very low yild very picky plant with big strech.

But anybody who smokes it say that it has never smoked something stronger even people who smoke for years.
Are suprised by its potency and have to use years of expirence to not go white.
If you give it to non smokers or first timers it is like mushrooms to them.
They have real halucinations,like they think they pee in pants,
that someone is persecuting them...not for first timers to storng.

It cuts through every high like rasor blade
.I will recognize the smoke from this single pheno if i were given 10 joints in a blind test.
it is the most potent weed that i have ever smoked.
After a couple of hits i got that high, that i got some of the first time trying smoking marijuana. This was just that potent.

You are high for hours and pretty high from just one toke.
And yes high is very strong,dense and psydelic bit electric.

And ruins your night sleep with crazy dreams...not good before bed or at night.
And not for every day smoke to strong for this.

But if you look overal JH as lineage it is not much Haze maybe around 10% are hazy psydelic 1 in 10 seeds 1 in 20 for shure you will get one.

This is grail from 7 packs of JH.

Only one what I consider true JH.

And it is my favourite smoke,still havent seen anything better or close to it.

At first you get crazy euphoria and focus.
Which lots of unepirenced smokers forgot to breath and they go white.

All in all it is my PSYHO HAZE cut.

Dirt Life

Veteran
Nice to see someone growing out Luang Prabang, and making hybrids with it! I grew two, one forever flower and one that grew more like a Nevilles Haze, structurally. They are definitely not indoor plants, one plant I veg-flowered for almost 5 months. It started to die in the pot, so I had to chop her, made oil. I remember the oil having really good tranquilizing feel... was a natural muscle relaxant. I suspect it was high cbd. The other I grew out had a better structure, but also really never matured, and had less of a body feel to it.. neither had much of a high, although the NvHz type pheno was a bit stronger. That line is truly a "wild" line, hope you get some nice hybrids with it, funkyhorse!

Forever flower pheno:
Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17207935.jpg Views:	2 Size:	80.5 KB ID:	17900441
Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17207936.jpg Views:	2 Size:	66.6 KB ID:	17900442

And the pheno that grew more like a NvHz...
Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17216264.jpg Views:	2 Size:	46.7 KB ID:	17900443
Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17216266.jpg Views:	2 Size:	64.7 KB ID:	17900444

Dirt Life

Veteran
current cross is that with blue genetics? can you post it here? I like the smell of f13hz a lot, like hazy champagne. I have to dig into blue hazes more deep.

good luck with those, they are ideal for humid weather I think :D

I know you grow haze19 x skunk, classic :D and mr. nice skunkhaze. which you like more?

I have no problem posting her here, my friend! And you are correct, she's a cross of my Hz19/Sk1 and DJs Breeders Choice Mix #1, which is Happy Pussy x F-13. I only ended up flowering out one BCM1, and he was male, but, this male was a very nice plant, and thought he would make a nice cross with the Hz/Sk. I ended up seeding a whole tent, but, I believe the male was semi-sterile... should've ended up with hundreds of seeds, but got really less than 100 per plant.

And as far as the two hz/sk's I have (soon to be back to 1), it's a no brainer... the Hz19/Sk is my favorite haze hybrid I've found so far, also including all haze hybrids I've grown... I still have a lot of hybrids to go through, so, who's to say in the future. 😀

I envy you all who can grow out doors, or in greenhouses, or even with large amounts of grow space. Im limited to a small space, although laws have changed here, and I'm thinking of upgrading/expanding. I would love to explore my Hz19/Sk via selfing with STS, and be able to run more than a few plants @ a time.. :laughing:

Anyways, here's the Hz19/SK1/HP/F-13 @ start of 11 weeks. She has both plants in her, with the Hz/Sk expressing more into late flower. I feel she has a week or two left...
Click image for larger version  Name:	20210718_082840.jpg Views:	0 Size:	126.3 KB ID:	17900463
Click image for larger version  Name:	20210718_082519.jpg Views:	0 Size:	98.3 KB ID:	17900465
Click image for larger version  Name:	20210718_082557.jpg Views:	0 Size:	122.6 KB ID:	17900466
Click image for larger version  Name:	20210718_082519.jpg Views:	0 Size:	98.3 KB ID:	17900465

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Hi,Maha I know what you tryin to say.

But i dont see things like that.this 50% 25% to me it makes no sense.

This cut of JH i very O.Haze yild is very low. Resin production is Like O.Haze even better,taste high and smell is the best i ever had very much Haze .
High is very Hazy much more psydelic and up up than 98'SSH or Core cut.
This cut of JH dont have commercial potency.
93-100 days and very low yild very picky plant with big strech.

But anybody who smokes it say that it has never smoked something stronger even people who smoke for years.
Are suprised by its potency and have to use years of expirence to not go white.
If you give it to non smokers or first timers it is like mushrooms to them.
They have real halucinations,like they think they pee in pants,
that someone is persecuting them...not for first timers to storng.

It cuts through every high like rasor blade
.I will recognize the smoke from this single pheno if i were given 10 joints in a blind test.
it is the most potent weed that i have ever smoked.
After a couple of hits i got that high, that i got some of the first time trying smoking marijuana. This was just that potent.

You are high for hours and pretty high from just one toke.
And yes high is very strong,dense and psydelic bit electric.

And ruins your night sleep with crazy dreams...not good before bed or at night.
And not for every day smoke to strong for this.

But if you look overal JH as lineage it is not much Haze maybe around 10% are hazy psydelic 1 in 10 seeds 1 in 20 for shure you will get one.

This is grail from 7 packs of JH.

Only one what I consider true JH.

And it is my favourite smoke,still havent seen anything better or close to it.

At first you get crazy euphoria and focus.
Which lots of unepirenced smokers forgot to breath and they go white.

All in all it is my PSYHO HAZE cut.

thanks for sharing. I love when it gets electric... glad you found your grail, did you try to cross it with something and what was the result?

7 packs from Sensi? thats a lot of money...

you say % gives no sense, but only 10% of hazy phenos is caused by haze content, which is low like you said. more haze, more hazy phenos.

as far as core cut, it is great weed, but not much psychedelic. I thin they focused on taste with it, and lost something in process. that amnesia haze cut from Holland, 13 weeker is more psychedelic.

amnesia core

fetch

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I have no problem posting her here, my friend! And you are correct, she's a cross of my Hz19/Sk1 and DJs Breeders Choice Mix #1, which is Happy Pussy x F-13. I only ended up flowering out one BCM1, and he was male, but, this male was a very nice plant, and thought he would make a nice cross with the Hz/Sk. I ended up seeding a whole tent, but, I believe the male was semi-sterile... should've ended up with hundreds of seeds, but got really less than 100 per plant.

And as far as the two hz/sk's I have (soon to be back to 1), it's a no brainer... the Hz19/Sk is my favorite haze hybrid I've found so far, also including all haze hybrids I've grown... I still have a lot of hybrids to go through, so, who's to say in the future. 😀

I envy you all who can grow out doors, or in greenhouses, or even with large amounts of grow space. Im limited to a small space, although laws have changed here, and I'm thinking of upgrading/expanding. I would love to explore my Hz19/Sk via selfing with STS, and be able to run more than a few plants @ a time.. :laughing:

Anyways, here's the Hz19/SK1/HP/F-13 @ start of 11 weeks. She has both plants in her, with the Hz/Sk expressing more into late flower. I feel she has a week or two left...

HUGE! colas... very great job. so beautiful! did you try azure haze? by the way.

it looks like blue hazes are underrated...

wish you good luck with selfing. unfortunately it is true that haze doesn't breed true for effect...

this is peyote purple x toms haze. very psychedelic, no so active or long lasting like my other crosses, but it gives some crazy psychedelic head, when you sit down, because the body gets hit by wave of low energy, but your brain get some speed and starts to produce some higher psychoactivity, fantasmatic production begins LOL two hours of psychedelic ride. multiple dimensions visited... it is in fact NLhaze, as bubba genetics contains northern lights. peyote is different to bubba though.

lavender/mango incense one:

fetch

fetch

Last edited:

TheDarkStorm

In the short time I am growing ganja I found nothing, not even remotely close to the 80s weed

But this year I am finding the weed I smoked from the 2000 milennia and I am very happy with it. It is still alive or can still be resurrected, but the 80s landrace weed I am not sure if it is alive or can be recreated. Maybe outcrossing pure sativa lines not hybridized can bring the magic back?
With 45 days cure what I like more is south east asian landrace weed from the first decade of 2000s. Maybe because that was what I smoked for many years my taste is for that kind of weed. It is Vangvieng quality of old. From this season early trials, Laos is the one I like more. Northern Thailand 2008 is a nice surprise too. I expected more from colombian lines but in the year 2000 they were all hybridized and gone, pure lines kept at colector hands in the northern hemisphere sun in northern latitudes dont help with keeping potency up, but the genes are there so maybe recombining them can hit jackpot. In SEA Asia landraces lasted a little longer before hybridizing

Laos fem 2 is the fastest of the Laos girls and it has 45 days cure. This one wont last long in the jar. It is better than all Laos Mango girls and it is doable indoors, of course it will take longer. I wonder if the quality of the high indoors will be the same
With 55 days on 11/13, Laos from Wally is flowering nicely indoors while Ohz or most pure sativas dont show sex or have a pistil or 2 and have been taken out of the flowering room
This is Laos girl 2 from cut in 5 liter pot. For me VangVieng 2000s should be the first step of the entheogenic ladder and start searching in order to climb the entheogenic ladder and go back to the 80s high

And this is Laos girl 1 side by side with Laos Mango girl 2 which is Mango hz leaning for reference at 55 days indoors, both at 5 liter pots. I didnt test the Laos 1 smoke yet and Laos girl 3 which is the most promising is still drying

This is my firm girl Luang Prabang, VangVieng 2000's weed.
It is not a strain for indoors, look what happens, at 11/13 it starts revegging even being far away from the lights. At least she can make some seed indoors and next year I will have a cut in the greenhouse and hopefully find some pure sativa from non hybridized lines boys for her

Looks like your finding some beauties funkyhorse. If possible (sorry if you've done this before) do you mind describing some of the effects you yourself experienced and look for with pre 80's weed......hopefully someone may see that and give you some ideas. In the mean time keep enjoying that greenhouse...

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
thanks for sharing. I love when it gets electric... glad you found your grail, did you try to cross it with something and what was the result?

7 packs from Sensi? thats a lot of money...

you say % gives no sense, but only 10% of hazy phenos is caused by haze content, which is low like you said. more haze, more hazy phenos.

as far as core cut, it is great weed, but not much psychedelic. I thin they focused on taste with it, and lost something in process. that amnesia haze cut from Holland, 13 weeker is more psychedelic.

amnesia core

fetch

Yes,Core cut is basicaly critical mass to me with some positive/euphoric feeling and hazy smell.

Bit more up and positive than basic afghan/skunk not so boring stoned high like a/s.

Overall good smoke for through day and night to stay functional.

Nothing psydelic in there,just little bit euphoric at first and after that stoney head with functional body.

Great example of commercial ''haze''.

XD

but we are going out of topic .

Nice regards.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
one grower visited me with his friends and with his amnesia core x cherry kush... he wanted to try tom hill haze. so I rolled joint of it and we smoked it first. they were not used to such herb with slow onset. so he said it is nice LOL and started to roll his cherry amnesia. after rolling the joint he said I start to feel THH a little. but anyway he lighted cherry amnesia up and we smoked it, super tasty weed. he said it packs some power. ..... later he told me his cherry amnesia has never smoked so psychedelic, only once when smoking with me LOL. of course I told him, you would have to smoke THH right there before smoking your cherry amnesia to get that effect hahahaahaha.

Dirt Life

Veteran
Beautiful plants, Maha! That PP x THH looks and sounds really exotic. I had PP x Mangobiche, 5 packs fem, tried sprouting 4, no go. I have one left, and would really love to try it.

Thanks for the kind words too.. yeah, I'm hoping to find @ least some plants with phsycoactivity in these crosses, and soon to be S1's. But, like you mentioned, that effect isn't true breeding... takes some numbers, and luck.

On a side note, it's always great to see that change that happens to someone not used to the psychedelic type of high.. how @ first it's "man it's been 20 minutes, I don't feel anything", then ten minutes later, they're staring into space or pacing around going "omg omg omg"... :laughing:

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Beautiful plants, Maha! That PP x THH looks and sounds really exotic. I had PP x Mangobiche, 5 packs fem, tried sprouting 4, no go. I have one left, and would really love to try it.

Thanks for the kind words too.. yeah, I'm hoping to find @ least some plants with phsycoactivity in these crosses, and soon to be S1's. But, like you mentioned, that effect isn't true breeding... takes some numbers, and luck.

On a side note, it's always great to see that change that happens to someone not used to the psychedelic type of high.. how @ first it's "man it's been 20 minutes, I don't feel anything", then ten minutes later, they're staring into space or pacing around going "omg omg omg"... :laughing:

The sativa psycho activity really kicks in for me and it’s noticeable when I go out for a walk with my dog specially on a sunny morning:wave:

funkyhorse

Hi there TDS
What I am looking for is real unhybridized Punto Rojo 80s, paraguayan 80s and lebanese 70s-80s. They seem to be all extinct, there were wars against these strains
We were talking about this at this post
So according to this post I understand top notch weed was only available to an elite in Usa
Situation was different during the 80s at other parts of the world. What was available in South America and some of the stuff in the Middle east was drug quality, southamerican ganja was a 3 toke of a needle ganja enough to get you super high seeing colours and listening 3D, hysterical laughter, black eyebags and injected red eyes. It was 4-5 hours high and the availability was massive. When I mean massive it means the only quality you get is this, there was no low quality weed, it was a step or 2 behind mushrooms in the entheogenic ladder. There were better or worst batches but all of them were 3 toke ganja. It was not sociable at all. There was a full handicraft industry in SouthAmerica of artisans producing rouch smoking handicraft. You smoked an oily rouch of either colombian Punto Rojo or Paraguayan brick and you were at another place for 3-4 hours. 3 tokes was enough
I compared South American, dutch weed and middle eastern in the 80s side by side. And the worst was dutch weed. And you people are basing all your strains in dutch weed, so no wonder psychoactivity of modern weed sucks so much modern ganja should called psychounactive and this is the reason I started growing. Southamerica became scorched earth, there was a war and ganja was anniquilated
And now that I grow, I think the same today as I thought in the 80s: I smoked landraces all my life and definitively landraces are better quality than hybrids

Seedsman Hz and THH are hybrids. These are hybrids grown and selected out of their native environments, selected indoors or selected in Sweden.
I am of the idea that long flowering sativa strains should be bred and/or selected in an outdoor environment preferably between the tropics but can be extended it 10 more degrees with the help of greenhouses because if not and you grow it at latitude 50 then the selection might be influenced by flowering time and not necessarily by the quality or quality gets distorted because it was selected for indoor growing.

I think what you guys do at latitude 50 trying to preserve or improve a pure tropical sativa is epic and against all odds. So probably Ohz is the best strain for latitude 50 but that is not the case in latitudes closer to the equator. And environment is certainly very important. I cant grow outdoors Titans Haze(Ohz x Skunk from Cultivators choice should be the same strain) but I can do it indoors on winter. Hybrids were not bred for my environment, landraces seem to do better outdoors than hybrids. Ohz males I had went intersex indoors. 18 out of 20 males went hermie and made seed. I am testing some of these seeds now to see what might do
I had colombian black with plenty of reports of intersex issues at latitude 50 but here they were sexually firm and happy. It is a matter of environment. In a free trade world where you could source your ganja from dispensaries all over the world, I probably wouldnt be growing

I think with Thunk might happen the same you explained happens with THH if you find trippy pheno and you cross it progeny will not be the same
I doubt it, maybe a little?... I try and it is in testing now. but doubt it... it is better to keep it, like I wrote previously.
I didnt have the purples you show, but one girl had some hues. I made F2s, I was told it is a rare strain
Thunk girl 2
Thunk fem 2 (3).jpeg

And #3 is also a columnar girl with low productivity
Thunk 3 Top shot
Thunk fem 3 (7).jpeg

Lower buds
Thunk fem 3 (8).jpeg
Thunk fem 3 (10).jpeg

Out of 3 Luang Prabang girls, 2 hermied outdoors
Laos male too. Laos Mango male made about 10-12 seeds too. Colombian Black males were firm. But I am suspecting they all make firm girl progeny. And males will probably carry this trait
Some comparison: VangVieng weed vs original hz
Luang prabang hermie girl left and original Seedsman Haze from pack(SMOH) right.
Right original haze left Luang Prabang.jpeg
Right original haze left Luang Prabang (2).jpeg

Super/BLB Laos left vs Johnny Hz x Golli Hz from MadMac right
Laos fem 3 seedsman haze mm fem 8.jpeg
Laos fem 3 seedsman haze mm fem 8 (2).jpeg

This is the source of Luang Prabang. When I bought it I was hoping it would be from VangVieng but never expected it to be of exactly the same time I was going there. The local price for your bag of ganja enough for 5 days-one week was 20.000 kip. I never complained about the price. I spent more money trying to source these seeds than the money I spent in Laos smoking my ass off during 20 different visa runs on a 5 year period. I lost 60 seeds to customs and from the next 40, only 3 made it pass the mutancy dormant stage and out of them 2 hermies and the one in the previous post will be the first one I keep for one season to another
https://www.icmag.com/forum/talk-ab...s-on-a-motorbike-circa-2001-old-overgrow-post

Super Haze, I have a small pack of OT1Hz Green Haze I might try next season. But your report and others say it is washed down genetics. And probably it is so because it was kept indoors at latitude 50 under sodium lights. But genes might still be there so outcrossing it might improve it. The crosses of OT1 I tried I didnt like much, and now understanding it is washed down genetics I understand why I didnt like and thought was mild

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I think with Thunk might happen the same you explained happens with THH if you find trippy pheno and you cross it progeny will not be the same

well, if I should assume it as concrete case, then with thunk my friend found out that pheno in 10 females. dont know if it is in every 10 females or he was lucky. in case of thh x asian beauty, my other friend didn't find anything like mother in 10 females, dont know if he had bad luck or it is hard to find there. both were indoor grows. so based on only these two trials I would say thunk is better in it. but it is low number for any statement like that.

Dirt Life

Veteran
Very nice star crash !
That clear psychedelic high is definitely on my bucket list to find! The haze/skunk is definitely not clear, very foggy higher doses, can turn you into a non-functioning astronaut. One or two tokes, though, and it's more functional (but still not clear). And you get that initial rush and euphoria that lasts quite awhile. Looking into acquiring some of Johnny's and Macs hazes and hybrids for that clear effect.
:rtfo:

funkyhorse I didn't realize you went to SEA and acquired the Luang Prabang yourself! I got mine through Gypsy Nirvana off the bou. Beautiful plants my friend! 👍

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran

thanks, it smells like those buddha sticks exactly, just more mango to it. pp x mangobiche could be nice mango weed. yumm. you can always buy more no?

sure, the most funny situation is with kush lovers :D I remember on guy in club, he smokes this stinky kush you know. he looked at my casey jones x thunk like what a hay! haha. he toked big tokes, later he left to toilet. we had good fun, so nobody noticed he was missing for two hours LOL he was on toilet still. he said he is okay, just talking to himself LOL :D :D :D

funkyhorse

Very nice star crash !
That clear psychedelic high is definitely on my bucket list to find! The haze/skunk is definitely not clear, very foggy higher doses, can turn you into a non-functioning astronaut. One or two tokes, though, and it's more functional (but still not clear). And you get that initial rush and euphoria that lasts quite awhile. Looking into acquiring some of Johnny's and Macs hazes and hybrids for that clear effect.
:rtfo:

funkyhorse I didn't realize you went to SEA and acquired the Luang Prabang yourself! I got mine through Gypsy Nirvana off the bou. Beautiful plants my friend! 👍

I lived 30 years in Asia. I was part of the crowd during the same time Gypsy sourced the seeds. I got them from seedbay. I spent more money sourcing them from seedbay than the money I spent in Laos smoking weed. I have thrown millions of dollars to the garbage in seeds. For me seeds were always a product which needed to be discarded from the joints I rolled. I never thought I would be growing my own weed

Status
Not open for further replies.