What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Original Diesel.

Ralph W. Llama

We started seeing the original Diesel in the early 90’s in the northeast and it was so different from everything else at the time. The Sour clone came around a little later and then the door was wide open on the gassy grass.

Piff_cat

This is the original diesel. For clarification I like to refer to it as the Weasel Diesel because Weasel made the original cross. I had it, gave it out to a few growers I know, lost it and then got it back to one of the ones I gave it to. It is stretching now. It was a small clone but I got it growing beautifully now. I took cuts and they rooted faster than ever before. I like cuts from plants that have spent the summer in the sun. And boy we had plenty of sun.
I just got Loompa's Headband back too. This has been a great summer so far.

Here is the weasel. No pics of Loompa. It is just a baby groot now.
View attachment 18743275 View attachment 18743276
piffcoast farms holds the original diesel clone and selles em along with almost any other piff haze and sour. hit him up. nature farm has a line with the diesel put to uncle festers called weasel skunk i think. probly be the closest seed line imo. original diesel was the first and favorite clone only i had wish still had it..

mexweed

Veteran
maybe someday Topdawg will release a triple underdog, but JJ did what he did with chem D and the afghani for stardawg with the underdog original diesel

laszlokovacs

This is the original diesel. For clarification I like to refer to it as the Weasel Diesel because Weasel made the original cross. I had it, gave it out to a few growers I know, lost it and then got it back to one of the ones I gave it to. It is stretching now. It was a small clone but I got it growing beautifully now. I took cuts and they rooted faster than ever before. I like cuts from plants that have spent the summer in the sun. And boy we had plenty of sun.
I just got Loompa's Headband back too. This has been a great summer so far.

Here is the weasel. No pics of Loompa. It is just a baby groot now.

Thats awesome! I always understood Weasels Diesel/Sour as the original diesel/sour although I think its gone by a lot of names too- i've never grown/smoked any of the verified/real chem or diesel cuts although I hope to some day.

I also am curious about the smell.. the sour that ive come across in NYC has varied significantly most if not all of it probably not the real thing. I know and love the LOUD smell on some good sour/sour diesel, some of the sour sold in the projects was also always fairly good but although they were loud and definitely had some gas when smelling/breaking up the nugs smell was sometimes if not often heavy lemon/citrus 'brightness' that tickles the hairs of your nose. How sour/lemony is the original? I think i've heard weasels cut referred to as upstate sour so I'm curious. I could be wrong though, these cuts are all from at least a couple years before I was born lol.

Congrats on the happy reunion.
Is there a hint of lemon in the smell of this original diesel? Just wondering how it compares to the old sour diesel I was familiar with

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Chem d Wrecker 1 clone ( Chem d leaning) = Chem d clone x Original Diesel clone Reversed.

Amazing stench, heavy on the Chem d side in smell but also that Gas from the Diesel , this is the pheno ive used/Reversed for my Chem d Wrecker Feminized project dropping this Friday.

Big yield , insane taste/Hit , Amazing greasy Resin , crazy Stank 🤪 , seriously though this strain is the best Chemdog and Diesel expressions ive ever sampled and ive tried a few over the years .

nearest loudest strain i ever sampled is the Motorbreath from Pieces genetics In the Chem phenos
20220818_013338.jpg
20220818_013336.jpg
20220818_013405.jpg

Last edited:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Chem d Wrecker 2 clone ( loud Diesel pheno)

Sightly more Diesel leaning but still that offensive Chemdog Funk in there just leans more to the Gas.
Again huge yielder of dense greasy buds , very heavy on the Indica side living up to the nickname Daywrecker from the Original Diesel strain , 1 joint and instant red eye and your either waking up with the Joint in the ashtray or your Day is over and your smashed and dribbling .
Il get better close up pics when harvesting but these were so big is was crazy to move them even for pics , insane yields, all pictured and above pics were grown in 11 litre pots of coco
Many more pics and videos on my Instagram page if you want to check that out

Instagram
@connoisseurgenetics_official
20220818_011918.jpg
20220818_011907.jpg
20220818_011847.jpg
20220818_011610.jpg

Last edited:
S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Great, I’ve been waiting for this. So tomorrow it’s up ? Plants look fantastic.

Reactions: ojd

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Where are all the pics of the “Daywrecker” aka “Original Diesel?” A lot of seed pops and hybrids posted in this thread…

-DD
Here is the original Diesel pics
And the same clone Reversed

IMG_20201010_210523_715.jpg
IMG_20201010_211128_469.jpg
IMG_20200606_091414_525.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20201010_210523_715.jpg
    IMG_20201010_210523_715.jpg
    344.8 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20201010_211128_469.jpg
    IMG_20201010_211128_469.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20200606_091414_525.jpg
    IMG_20200606_091414_525.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 54

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great job ojd nice to see this and like you say, She looks a good yielder :tiphat::good:

Reactions: ojd

Dawgz_Daze

I just actually had the Original Diesel show up yesterday unannounced lol caught me by surprise cause I forgot the homie was sending her. This is specifically the J Trees Vermont Diesel Skunk Tek uses. The homie got it from Skunk Tek.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
New Chem/Diesel aka Chem d Wrecker seed drop for my Chem/Diesel Connoisseur's
anyone interested, check out my page for info or my Instagram page

kro-magnon

Veteran
I'm a bit confused about Original Diesel, I don't remember anyone mentioning it before 4/5 years but it's supposed to be an earlier version of ECSD. I can't find any grow reports of it in the old pages of this forum. I don't really understand how a supposed old strain is not mentioned anywhere when ECSD and NYCD were the queen in the 2000's.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm a bit confused about Original Diesel, I don't remember anyone mentioning it before 4/5 years but it's supposed to be an earlier version of ECSD. I can't find any grow reports of it in the old pages of this forum. I don't really understand how a supposed old strain is not mentioned anywhere when ECSD and NYCD were the queen in the 2000's.
Its extremely rare and not given out like all the other Diesel and Chem cuts have been