What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Origin of beady/pearly bud pheno (Dr. Grinspoon, quaze)

Cerebralfluid

I also think it is a logical fallacy to assume that this expression can only occur in one genetic line.... what about convergent evolution? Bats and birds both have wings etc etc
Just cause they look alike doesn't mean that they are related right?
Edit: i am now seeing that barney's used a picture of quaze to advertise the grinspoon, so that's interesting

Last edited:

Dentex

Ohaze .Not as potent as her normie sisters but not hay by a long shot...

1670408784136.png

1670408843227.png

1670408905483.png

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
...quaze was/is a IC member who many years ago posted several pics of a very interesting bag seed find...those pics have been removed from the site but it was a classic Perl pheno, same as pics used by barneys farm.......
I thought I remembered that from OG, back in early 2k.
I been trying to find a pheno like this ever since I saw those pics.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pearl phenos are def from NLD genetics IMO. Here's some from @VerdantGreen bluedigiberry F3. The pearl trait came from Dutch Passion Blueberry..

mack 10

Veteran

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow, thats a creeper! should be good hash strain.
grinspoon bead pheno dumped on the wash.

is that one plant?

and i had a bead pheno from Juicy Fruit f2's i made.
so it could come from the Affie side ?
{juicy fruit = thai x afghani, (sensi never revealed which one they used}

Not likely.. IMO it was from the Thai..

OntologicalTurn

Greetings from México

Man I really miss this strain, it was one of the first seeds of a seed bank I grew.

I was a novice grower with just a few crops on me. Fortunately I live in a place with one of the best climates in Mexico so despite the very long flowering, the plants grew without any setbacks under a kind subtropical sun, almost like vines, they were pearl phenotypes.

I was younger then, so maybe my memories are manipulated by nostalgia, I remember in the cultivation process I was really disappointed by the production and the fragility of the structure. .

But when it was time to smoke it, the taste was excellent, and the effect was super cerebral and instantaneous and made my train of thought venture to places I would not have imagined at high speed. and it also had an excellent "spiritual" effect. So I didn't know how to clone but I kept some reproductions for several years until I lost it.

Ugh if someone keeps these seeds we can exchange happily.

Chischas, another Mexican grower told me here that the old version of cannabiogen's destroyer in its more Thai phenotype also has very similar characteristics.

OntologicalTurn

Wow, it looks just like the original grinspoon photos..
We see stronger support of the Neville haze theory as this thread progresses. No doubt in my mind.
Well, I'm not an expert, but I grew neville haze from greenhouse (yes, I already know that Mr Nice's are supposed to be the best) and dr grinspoon from barneys and despite both being very long flowering, neither in the phenotypes of the plants, neither in the flavors nor in the effects were similar. Even the non-pearl phenotype of the grinspoon had less dense and thin flowers, the flavor of the neville haze was very piney, while the grinspoon pearl had a flavor that I don't really know how to describe, but delicious, the effect of the Neville, although very powerful and sometimes even a little scary, did not take me to the same depths of thought as the grinspoon and above all he was not as clean

Piff_cat

damn got yourself some demon latcher super jealous. in my opinion oaxcans throw this type the most including the mother of these seeds is just crazy. obviously the mex had to come from somwhere before arriving in the new world. theres a thai strain called snake teeth and i also have this outback haze x vietnam doing something similar. i think taking these resin profiles of no yield and finding a male which increaesd production without touching the high would be grail stuff. where else could u see resin like that lol
2top.jpg
22.jpg