What's new

Organics and Chemicals.

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

I was wondering what might be the reaction of plant 3 weeks into flower in a organic soil rich in micro flora and fuana if it was suddenly drenched with harsh chemicals killing the majority of the microherd?

This happened in 6 days: This was taken the day before I fed them with a fert solution of 1/2 strenght ewc/kelp/molasses tea and a blast of ej bloom at full strenght-I wanted a blast of P. I pH'ed it to6.25 with wood ash water.

This is a week later. I have flushed and given them a 1/4 strenght ewc/guano (3-10-1)/kelp/molasses.

minds_I

mag lockup maybe? still confused as to which chemical fertilizer you drenched on the plants. The ewc/kelp/molasses and earth juice are all organic.

bostrom155

Wow, sorry man. I just went thru that. Looking at the first pic your plant was close to the brink of plenty of nutes. That would have been a good watering only time I think. I do the same shit, cause I think it's the right time for the nutes instead of waiting, I just got some Fish Emul and Jam Bat shit, and burned some shit up. I learned not to push it again. Hard to resist for me.

G

Depends on what you fed them, but it's definitely possible. Those microbes break your organic nutes down and if you kill them, your nutes become unavailable, starving your plant. Could also be a pH thang.

So.... what'd you feed em, bro?

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

Ok, first things first. This is what happened according to the log.

5/30

I watered fed the Mazars tonight.

1/2 strenght ewc/mplasses/kelp tea with full strenght ejb. 6cc/l. Phed with ash water. I wanted a big "P" blast in the onset of flower.
Runoff is 7.0. perfect.

6/1

The Mazars look good-the bigger one showing signs of fert burn on the leaf tips. ALso an isolated claw leaf as well.

The Mazars will need watered fed tomorrow or the day after.

I have ewc (3 tbsn/2 litter) and bat guano (3-10-1) at 1 tbsn/2 litter and 2 tbsn molasses bubbling now.

6/3

I fed the Mazars with an ewc/bp/molasses. Forgot the kelp. I added some lye water which pH'ed @ 6.

6/4

The Mazars are looking good. Some yellowing-need to boost the N some-perhaps the guano tea will help.

6/5

The mazars are lookiing ill. I think it is a pH swing - I watered alittle and had a 8.0 pH of the runoff. I think it is the lye water-no more.

I will get some ej pH up.

I flushed with a gallon or more of 7.0 water. A small feeding of ewc/bg/kelp tea at pH of 6

The runoff was 6.75-7.

6/10

watered/fed the mazars tonight with ewj/bg/kelp/molasses. It pH'ed at 6.25-6.5 and the runoff was 6.75 - 7.0. Perfect.

Yet there is still chloriosis(sp) continuing up the plants to the new fan leaves
6/11

The mazars are still looking N def. There was significant loss of fan leaf tonight again- there is hardly any left. I am going to have to relay on the bud leaf to generate growth.

6/13
I setup a liter to bubble for the mazars-1tbsn/liter ewc, 1.5 tbsn/l guano, kelp at 4cc/l and molasses at 1 tbsn/l. They should be ready tomorrow or next day.

OK, thats everything except tonight.

I have done nothing as the Mazars did not need watering.

But I have pictures.

whats wrong here, The discoloration is almost a red/purple/brown thing going on? The leaves are soft still.

I am baffled.

minds_I

EDIT: I seem to have two congruent threads, my apologies to all.
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=29439

Last edited:

Skunkenstein

Earth Juice bloom has 0 Nitrogen and you're teas are too weak.That is pure N deficiency...At week 3 you should actually be giving them a good blooming formula, and a dose(1tsp) of a veg. liquid to sustain the excellerated growing phase.Blooming takes about 1.5 to 2x's the ferts of a plant in Veg.Get some fish emulsion for the quick N absorbtion,and Liquid Karma and Maxicrop seaweed about 1tsp/gal each,and hopefully you'll see some improvement.I've had great sucess using Tiger(2tsp.) and Big Bloom(1tbls.) every other watering through bloom..Run out and find a good complete liquid fert..FF,Botanicare,Age Old,ect.ect.Good Luck..!!!!