What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Organic Supplement to "good" soil during flowering?

thedudefresco

Hi all,

Been a while but I'm back. I'm now on my 4th successful outdoor grow! :) Thanks guys.

I'm a lifelong veggie grower and I have a "green thumb." But when I've grown veggies, I've been successful with my regular homemade compost and supplementing with some dr. earth or whatever.

With growing cannabis, each year I've gotten way better results (much due to this forum).

I have huge holes with supersoil I made 3 years ago, but I have never replaced it, I simply adjust by eye.

This year I didn't do much adjusting, but my plants have had a stellar veg and I want them to have an awesome flower.

What should I add to make sure my plants have enough P for flower?

Currently, I was using 3-3-3 or so gen purpose dr earth nute during veg.

I also use real growers recharge, P+ and Mammoth P (bottled bacteria).

Do you think some Dr. Earth Flower girl would be suffice or should I spend more on some biobizz/other organic bottled nute phase 2 bottled nutes?

I'm fairly experienced with organic amendments, but I generally use bone meal for P which due to decomp time I don't have luxury of using atm.

Thanks dudes!

Well, if you have really good soil, there isn't much need to feed heavy.

I water in some guano and fish, (stinky!) for the last few weeks of veg and then a *little* Tiger Bloom during the first few weeks of flower. That's it.

It depends on the strain really... an indoor grow-queen like Sour Diesel will eat all you throw at it and ask for more.
A wilder variety may not like being fed a lot, or at all!

You may not even see "burn" if you overfeed... it could show signs and symptoms later, and be opened up to disease or mold.

Sounds like you have it going alright; are you keeping good notes in a journal?

That will be your best ally.
Your data collection!

Do you think some Dr. Earth Flower girl would be suffice....

I'm fairly experienced with organic amendments, but I generally use bone meal for P which due to decomp time I don't have luxury of using atm.

Last year I used that Dr. Earth "Flower Girl" during flowering, my plants/buds turned out pretty nice. Big, chunky, & resinous buds.

It was my very first grow so I don't have anything to compare to, but I was happy with and a bit impressed with how my herb turned out. I am using it once again this year.

I used it as a tea and for top-dressing...I top dressed some of the stuff underneath my layer of mulch. I will also let the stuff sit and "brew" in a bucket of water overnight, I pour the liquid into the soil and then use the solids as a top dress.

That "Flower Girl" is fish bone meal, bone meal, alfalfa, potassium sulfate, feather meal, and kelp meal/flour. Along with humic acid, and beneficial bacteria & mycorrhizae.

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
Bat guano. :tiphat:
+1 Generic :):)

Not Dr XXX, or e.g "TNB Naturals" CO2 generators @ $35 a pop. @ 2cups of corn sugar (if your fussy, house sugar as good since you are not drinking it (sediment)), 1 tbs each of yeast and baking soda into 1-1.15l of H2O) Cost, pennies!

@OP Superthrive hit he "Bonsai" market years ago. Guess from which one? Nothing more than B12 on steroids. You are keeping it simple, continue to do so. Your gut is right, your mind can always be altered.

thedudefresco

Yeah thats true.

I was watching this video today (awesome video) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBjUgEDF2Zg of this guy who is documenting how he grows. I scanned some videos and he has some awesome work ethic seems (builds his own trellises w/wood etc) but then i was disappointed when I saw his nute section which included all this bottled stuff for base.

Still sick videos tho. And I gotta say the bottle's seem to give me peace of mind sometimes too haha.

thedudefresco

do you guys mulch? I just laid down some "gorilla hair" redwood mulch yesterday. I spread out some compost (FF soil conditioner brand) & a layer of kelp meal and placed about 3 inches of the gorilla hair mulch on top of that.

After watering the mulch sunk down to hug the soil pretty well.

T

Teddybrae

If you've done this around an existing plant it may suck N from your soil for a while. Keep an eye on your plant's growth. You may have to add N ... or watering can soluble N over the mulch.

do you guys mulch? I just laid down some "gorilla hair" redwood mulch yesterday. I spread out some compost (FF soil conditioner brand) & a layer of kelp meal and placed about 3 inches of the gorilla hair mulch on top of that.

After watering the mulch sunk down to hug the soil pretty well.

G

I used DrEarth flower girl and it seemed fine. I’m doing a clone side by side now of 3 Headbanger using Neptune’s Harvest two part fish fert. Veg and flower. One is Earth Juice 5 part system (pain to mix all 5 in a gallon every time) and one plant just plain RO water.