phillykid

Found this little tid bit of info from cannabis world in a post:
-----------------------------------------------------------

"AF recently sent me new specs for Pure Blend,
PBP vegetative 3 - 1.5 - 4
PBP Fruit & Flower 2.5 - 2 - 5
Tiger Bloom 2 - 8 - 4

so here is one more recipe...

the specs for PBP are different than I had before. I used the above specs, but kept what I had for Mg (.5%), since it was not listed.

I find that PBPGrow is not needed, too low in P
instead I recommend

8ml/gal tiger bloom, plus
16ml/gal PBPBloom, plus
2ml/gal epsom salt

this results in the following values
N 148
P 111
K 246
Mg 71

I dont know if there are micros in PBPGrow that make it necessary to use it, I dont have the specs. Nor do I know how the pH will behave with those nutes. All Im saying is that the recipe will provide what I believe are reasonable elemental ppm values, approximating the proven values of GH 0-8-16"

Some more good info. from him.

"here are some organic formulas to play with, I have tried to taylor them to compare to GH 0-8-16. the pure blend formulas are proven, the others are just theoretical number crunching. I dont know about pH behavior, or micronutes levels.

Generally the organics run low in P and/or Mg. So I change the dosages from the manufacturers recommendations, and add Epsom.

Credit is due to pH for making all the spreadsheets and informationa bout Mel Franks target values available.

hth
Lucas

---
Metanaturals 3-3-3 10ml/gal
Metanaturals 1-5-5 10
1/4 tsp epsom

N 106
P 92
K 175
Mg 61
---

Pure Blend Pro Grow, 8ml/gal
Pure Blend Bloom, 16ml/gal
1/4 tsp epsom

N 169
P 51
K 246
Mg 64
---

Fox Farm Grow Big, 8ml/gal
Pure Blend Pro Bloom, 16
1/4 tsp epsom

N 169
P 55
K 281
Mg 64
---

G Gold Base, 20ml/gal
G Gold Early Bloom 20ml/gal

N 159
P 115
K 307
Mg 79

Below are some suggested alternative formulas to GH 0-8-16, listed by dose of nutes in milliliters per gallon and the resulting elemental PPM's of the nutrients. When suggesting nutes recipes, I aim for the following approximate elemental PPM values
N 100
P 100
K 200
Mg 60

The following values were calculated using pH's spreadsheet (without accounting for weight)

GH 8ml/gal Micro, 16ml/gal Bloom
N 106
P 92
K 158
Mg 63

8ml/gal Pure Blend Pro Grow, plus 16ml/gal Pure Blend Pro Bloom, plus 1/4tsp/gal epsom
N 85
P 88
K 246
Mg 63

8ml/gal Sensi Bloom A, plus 16ml/gal Sensi Bloom B, plus 1/4 tsp/gal epsom (or 1/4tsp/gal Big Bud which also contains amino acids)
N 154
P 85
K 254
Mg 74

Analysis
GH has the highest Mg levels without supplement. imho Mg is the #1 nute defficiency in cannabis nutes.

The NPK ratio of 1-1-2 is not cast in stone. Some folks advocate for 1-1-3. The Pure Blend recipe is closest to a 1-1-3 ratio, in fact if you use it at 10grow, 20bloom, its almost exact. PBP has the benefit of being partly organic, otoh it is also a bit trickier in terms of initial pH.

Looking at the elemental ppm's above, notice GH is on the low end of providing K, yet it is a proven recipe. Notice also that the AN recipe is highest in N, which is likely to enhance veg growth.
"

G

Nutrient's and what they do and how we can give them the best reciepe of what they want is alway's interesting to me, and a whole nother side of growing and learning.

Nice post philly, lot's of info.

A little of something can be a good thing, a bit more of it can be dangerous, each elemental compound has a ratio it can be in when mixxed with other's in order to have a working nutrient formula. A bit to much of a element or compound can affect other's and lock up to other's and not allow plant uptake of them.

stay safe and grow the same way.

realhigh.

Happy Holiday's to All.

Great info philly. I have been considering changing up my brand , maybe even trying to do a couple dwc organics besides my regular plants.

i'm sorry am I retarded because I barely understand that?

i'm using the lucas right now,and I want to switch to organic after,I just don't understand it :(

OldSoG

here's the Lucas recipe for PBPb

15ml Pure Blend Pro Fruit & flower per gal.
5ml Cal-Mag per gal.

TDS should be around 1000-1100

phillykid

.5man.5amazing

Those are the ppm (parts per million) of NPK and Mg (major elements the plant needs). That are achieved using those dosages of those nutes. It's a list of different formulations that Lucas figured out....I'm just posting something I saw somewhere. Don't add all of em at once LOL.
It's supposed to be equivalent to the Lucas formula using more organic based nutes.

Okie grown

Veteran
I have used pbp for awhile.I also use cal-mag and liquid karma.I found what works best for me is 15 ml. pbp veg or flower (where ever youre at) 5 ml cal-mag and 8 ml liquid karma per. gal.I think the cal-mag replaces the epsom.In flower i also use top max and i just got some b cuzz bloom i will be useing with the top max.I also have a bunch of bottles of dutch nute form. dnf.The company sent me 12 qt. bottles to test lol. 6 qts. of grow a and b and 6 qts. of bloom a and b thats only 3 sets i guess.The guy said that in canada alot of peps are switchin from gh 3 part to dnf 2 part and geting better results.Anyone ever hear of this stuff?I may grow 1 or 2 plants out with it and see how thay compare.I guess i will add liquid karma to it.

G

How is technaflora BC boost, BC grow, BC bloom, with awesome blossom.
what else might one add to this to pack on weight , size..

sack

budwoofer

Imo now that im more familiar with pbp grow/bloom/soil formula i think next trip to fill up on nutes im gonna do without the grow 3-1.5-4 alltogether. Hell the reg bloom formula provides enough N at 2.5-2-5 for veg and first 3-4 weeks flower then the soil formula kicks in. Not sure if flush is needed so i always do! Who know i could be missing out by starving them for their last week of flower?? PEACE

G

In flower, I have had real good luck with PBP bloom at 15ML per gal, Cal Mag at 5ML per gal, Liquid Karma at 8ML per gal, and for the last week and a half before a 2 week flush Advanced Nutes OverDrive at it's recomended dose 2.5ML per Litre. The overdrive raises the PPM up 200 and really helps pack on the weight.

relic2779

I thought the lucus forumla was created by lucas to account for the excessive nitrogen in the GH nutrients general formula? I dunno. It's to early in the morning and I'm too damn tired to try understanding phillys technical sheets :D cheers

Excellent Info

Excellent Info

Phiilykid,

Thanks for the info. That info will be invaluable. I use organic PBP and I did some numbers but you have supplied me with the numbers I needed. :smile: Thanks to everyone else who gave their experiences with organics, very useful. I see a common trend. Great post. :wave:
NoS

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
hey okie...how do you like the bcuzz...I have heard that they changed their formula, and it is shit now??

mosess187

how can i get ahold of some good 100% organic nutrients, im going for a 55day harvest. guys im a first time grower with 19 seedlings need help?

Latest posts

Latest posts