What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Organic Chemistry Basics

VenerableHippie

Gry ... I have a complaint: I do not like being made to do things!

As you know I am not a millenial. I demand substance! So when someone posts a mere link I get pissed off. I do so because the poster wants to make me do something. An entirely speculative thing. Speculation is not certainty.

At our age we cannot afford to spend time on uncertainty!

Thankyou, VH

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Gry ... I have a complaint: I do not like being made to do things!

As you know I am not a millenial. I demand substance! So when someone posts a mere link I get pissed off. I do so because the poster wants to make me do something. An entirely speculative thing. Speculation is not certainty.

At our age we cannot afford to spend time on uncertainty!

Thankyou, VH

I have heard a video must be less than 5 minutes if you want someones attention, without them knowing exactly what the video is about.

Reactions: Gry

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Another good source for an arm's-around understanding of organic chemistry is Organic Chemistry for Dummies. Also a good refresher for those of us'n that took organic chemistry mid last century and could use some references.

It doesn't look as cool in a bookcase as some of the more masterful titles, but it gives a reasonably good review of carbon chemistry in straightforward terms.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Not necessarily. At my age 5 minutes is an eternity.

So what you're saying is, this subject is not for you.

Organic chemistry basics for everyone else:

get

only after absorbing something similar on general chemistry. Throw in hundreds of hours of practice with all that, and you can say that you have half a clue about the basics. Knowing less is roughly the same as no clue.

Latest posts

Latest posts