What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OrgAeroMan's 150 Micro Vert

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Hello boys and girls, I wanted to start a thread for the thrifty people out there without a ton of space. This cab I've built (easily, with some basic tool/woodworking knowledge) and everything in it can be had for ~$100. I would like to thank everyone on IC for all of their ideas and input, and Pontiac especially for the wonderful resource that is the DIY link-o-rama. Other thanks go out to Hoosierdaddy, Catman, Vintner and Propoline for their eye-opening vertical micro grows. A special thanks out to Pipedream for giving us the 150w club and resource guide here in IC. I'm sure I'm missing a lot of people, but thank you too. I've learned a ton lurking around all of these forums.

Well, let's get started:
For the walls ceiling and floor of this cabinet, I have used 1/2" plywood. The walls are 18 1/2"x 24" and the floor and ceiling are 18 1/2"x 18 1/2". The walls are sandwiched between the floor and ceiling as to maximize the usable vertical growing space. In the center of the ceiling I have cut a 4" hole for the cool tube and exhaust. Each wall has 2 2" holes for passive intakes and a spray painted 90 degree 1 1/4" elbow (2" O.D.) in each to limit light leakage (soon to be 2 in each).

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
One important thing to remember while screwing the cab together is to pre-drill the holes for the 1 1/4" drywall screws. I put hem about 4" apart. As for making the 2" holes in the walls, be sure to only go half way through, then finish from the other side. This way you wont destroy either side. <br><br>
<br><br>
I used the 4" flange that came attached to my 80c.f.m. PC fan down through the ceiling and connected some rigid 4" ducting to it with a hose clamp. To this, I connected my bake-a-round diy cool tube with another hose clamp. Here is what it looks like: The lamp and ballast were purchased separately and diy-ed with an extension cord ballast was $20 on ebay and the lamp was ~$10. 3 "L" brackets were bent and used in conjunction with a hose clamp to keep lamp/socket centered in the cool tube.The 80 c.f.m. fan was used without problems until smell became an issue. I have since switched to a 200c.f.m. hydrofarm inline and carbon filter. I have also panda poly-ed the inside and secured it with aluminum ducting tape. The 90 degree elbows are not in these shots yet, but they are on the inside and point up underneath the plants to both reach the stomata, as well as stir the hot air from the ceiling. The strains I'm using now are: 3 Serious Seeds' AK-47, 2 CannaCopia's C99x Deep Chunk, 2 CannaCopia's Chuck-D, and one of my own creations Dreamgirl II Pheno F. The Dreamgirl will be grown 12/12 from seed, but all others have had three weeks of veg. They are in my mix of 7 parts coco, 2 parts pearlite, 1 part worm castings, 1 part composted cow manure, and 1 part hydroton. The tops of the containers also have ~3/4" of hydroton to give the feeder roots a healthy supply of O2 and help prevent fungus gnats.The first two are Chuck-D, The next three are AK-47, and the last two are C99xDC. I had overferted them early on and locked out N, but all are well now. These were taken just before the flip about a week and a half ago. Here they are now: The first three are AK-47 (all female) , the next two are C99xDC(one male, one unknown), the next two are Chuck-D (one female, one unknown) and finally Dreamgirl which is my first attempt at 12/12 from seed,so we'll see how that goes. They are being fed Connoisseur, Sensizyme, Fulvic acid, Humic acid, and carboblast @ 410ppm and a pH of 6.2.

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
The other C99xDC turned out female;) Just waiting on the last Chuck-D. In short, I have five known females, one male and one unknown. Not bad out of 7 seeds. The RH is around 60% and the temp stays around 79 degrees. It stayed around the same with the 80c.f.m. PC fan too, but without the carbon filter. If one had low odor strains or smell didn't matter, you could definitely get away with this set up using the 80 c.f.m. PC fan (providing ambient temps weren't rediculous). I would also like to point out that although this cab is small, the growing are is much larger (3x) than the standard 3 square feet of area lit by horizontally oriented 150 watt lamps. Each wall has ~18"x18" of growing area which multiplied by four gives you 9 square feet! Comprable to the area covered by a horizontally oriented 400w lamp, but needing only 150. Since the lamp is less than 9" away from the furthest point in the box, you can know it's within the optimal range for lumens and penetration. Plants can grow to and touch the cool tube with no problem. They are rotated 1/4 turn daily for even bud development. Once I pick the winner(s) from this round, they will be re-vegged and cloned so eight clones will be around the lamp. I might possibly do one a week and try going perpetual. Any tips/suggestions? Feedback and constructive criticism are essential. Thanks;)

S

Sir_Nugget

nice, u got it all figured out, hope ur plan goes well.. medium is good, everything seems in order.. U may very well be on ur way to a GPW...

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Five out of the original seven are female, their third nodes from the bottom have been pollinated with the C99xDC pollen. They have all been receptive to the pollination, and have been re-pollinated 4-5 days later for good measure. I have two AK-47 females, two Chuck-D females and one C99xDC female that have undergone the pollination. They are roughly three weeks into flowering, and the DC crosses are already showing many trichomes. I'm almost more stoked about the new crosses and C99xDC F2s than the harvest. nsane, do you have any pics of your setup? Mine's working extremely well and I hope yours is too! Good luck and safe growing all!

nsaneone

I don't have any pics or really any way to take them. I don't own any equipment and I live in a VERY remote location. I will, however keep you posted. I run 4 modular DWC "cubes."

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
I think my hard drive is toast, I'll keep you updated when possible. The mod DWC sounds cool nsane I can't wait to hear updates, however I must:(

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Coming up on harvest time!:) I'll post pics of the before and after when I do. Not having a computer is wack. The Chuck-Ds are going to be first to come down the taller pheno will be first(~55 days) then the shorter (~60 days -keeper to be revegged), next the C99xDC (~63 days -keeper to be revegged), then the indica dom. cherry smelling AK-47 (~65 days -keeper to be revegged), then finally the sativa dom. AK-47 will more than likely will go over 70 days. All have been pollinated with the C99xDC male and seeds are very near to maturity. I have also since removed the bake-a-round as it gets dirty and heat is not an issue ~75 degrees and RH~55 thanks to a dehumidifier in the adjacent room. I've also germed one of the C99xDC F2s and an (AK-47)x(C99xDC). PM me if you guys wanna swap Genetics;) Sorry so long between posts! I'll take plenty o' pics to make up for it;)

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
photo_popup.php

Latest posts

Latest posts