What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

onward through the fog

G

sorry

sorry

Tried to delete this because i cant figure out how to get the pics into the post.Then tried to delete thread and it said i didnt have permission.So made you look for nothin.This post was originally about a power hitter my brother gave me that was from 1977 so its an antique smokin tool, lol.Its an Onward Through The Fog power hitter from or by Oat Willies in Austin Texas.Pic in gallery.I was only 8 when it came out,and didnt start smokin til i was 12.My bro dont smoke anymore so he gave it to me 10 years ago n i've been usin it ever since.Anybody remember these things(i love it)...Pics are bad cuz im usin my camera phone and it sux.

Last edited:

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
When i saw the title I knew you were talking about my favorite Head Shop Oat Willies. Onward through the fog is their Motto, and every year they release a free calendar and matchbook design with there funny lil' smokin' dude, holdin' a torch in a hazy fogged out room.

Ive been goin' there since my good ol' teen ages. I still enjoy just goin there an chattin' with the incredibly friendly staff. If yall are ever in Austin, stop on by, yall wont be disapointed, there located at the interesection of 29th, and Guadalupe... Just off campus

They had an amazin selection up untill Operation Pipe Dreams (Ashcroft burn in hell....) They still have alot of glass, just IMHO, it not nearly the same quality as before. My friend bought his first Jerome there.

bartender187

1211Picture_044-med.jpg

I also bought this bong there...
1211Picture_058-med.jpg

1211Picture_051-med.jpg

G

When i first got it i tried to look up Oat Willies on the comp n couldnt find it.I thought because of how old(u can c in pic where it says 1977,lil fuzzy though)that they werent around anymore.1977 is along time for a head shop to be open.Sounds cool,i live in N.Y. but would like to visit OW 4 Sure,.That power hitter is 1 of my favorite smokin devices.

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
Heres the funny lil' guy... Ill be updatin this thread with more glass from them... I got a few more bongs, and pipes to show.. :D

1211oats_001-med.jpg

1211oats_002-med.jpg

Onward through the Fog!
bartender187

G

Its blurry but here it is.

Its blurry but here it is.

Photo URL:
2544Picture008.jpeg

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
thanks now I feel old... lol

thanks now I feel old... lol

Oh thanks Dances 1977 huh ?? shit now I DO feel old lol I haven't seen one of theese for years ( thanks for posting ) we use to wear them out lol I was in a fog back then ha.... B.187 nice glass man

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
toke stones were a big thing then too.aaah it's good to see old school hehe

G

BC- HA HA, I didnt mean people who were around in 77 are old.lol That power hitter is 27 years old,its the oldest smoking device that i have ever had n stil own .Never seen anything that old as far as bongs n bowls n stuff.i was 7or 8 when my older brother was using this, im stil a young one and learning about growin everyday (34 be-35 in a couple o days).I was gonna take it on the Antique road show and see what Southerbys think about it, n how much it was worth.jkn. .My girlfriend doesnt smoke n sometimes when she takes a nap i load it up and just surround her head with a huge cloud of smoke and she wakes up more tired than when she went to bed.This thing just pours smoke n when she sees me brake it out ,she skates to the other room so i cant smoke her up.She keeps tellin me shes not a bee so stop trying to make her calm by smokin her out.I told her no but yer a Bee atch, (lol) n that dont calm her down either. Cant win!! I could never say that 2 her n live so( If you read this ,i was just playin baby yer not a bee atch.)

G

Willie dude,Batters up!!!!

Willie dude,Batters up!!!!

Here is as close as i can get,and this is the best my phone can do as far as pics.It sux .....Photo URL:
2544Picture0061.jpeg

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
too funny...

too funny...

oh my god I laughed so hard I have tears rollin. So she wakes up more tired than she was before... LOL that kills me ! LOL talk about a fog huh.. I think it strikes me so funny cause it sounds like something I would do. also wouldn't they jus shit at the antique road show... that's a purty fuuny thought too. well gotta bounce oh btw HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
Another Oat Willie's Piece

Jerome Baker... It was alot taller at one point, but it broke twice...

121111veg11_051-med.jpg

121111veg11_052-med.jpg

Double-Bubbler... A friend got this in Vancouver...

121111veg11_004-med.jpg

bartender187

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
Hey Bartender...

Hey Bartender...

do ya think you could post another angle of the last one the d. bub. what a peice... the pearson who made this is a true craftsman ! very cool thanks...

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
bartender187

bartender187

very nice rig ya got there, doublers are nice but hard to really get clean mines not as nice but it works and a little easier to clean
Photo URL:
577double_bubbler_004-med.jpg
peace chucky:D

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
WOW... that's BAD ASS bartender... unfuckin real what they can do with glass ! I bet it'll rip your lungs out if your not careful... lol thanks for posting guys both of these are very nice.:D

Dances with Weed that is such a trip. I have an earlier version. Its light green and glows in the dark.
I ran a head shop in 1974-75 and still have a few of the toys.
Remeber The Toker? Made of glass, looked kind of like a pyrex beaker. Still got one!

JohnBudd

We must be old???

We must be old???

When someone says they screwed up the post, and nothing showed up.....we respond to that.............WE MUST BE OLD!!!LOL
Very nice glass you all have.....do miss the old school tools, powerhitters, smoking stones, ceramic bongs, rolling machine.
Here are a couple of my glass pieces.....they gather dust mostly, as I am a zig-zag white guy......
716glass-med.jpg