What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old School Kentucky Strains

Painter

i wish. Im less than a year in so im trying to find some local stuff to run. I’ve been running genetics bought online for now.

Jonestown88

i wish. Im less than a year in so im trying to find some local stuff to run. I’ve been running genetics bought online for
i wish. Im less than a year in so im trying to find some local stuff to run. I’ve been running in
I’m origionally from maysville. What you got clones of?
Just my family heirloom riadkill skunk i dont buy genetics online you really think anyone is ever gonna sell something good to you online? Doubtful in my humble opinion but you might get lucky but we was always scared of watering down our gene pool and well it looks like my dad was right everyone has been saying rks is extinct and we just keep smiling!

Painter

Just my family heirloom riadkill skunk i dont buy genetics online you really think anyone is ever gonna sell something good to you online? Doubtful in my humble opinion but you might get lucky but we was always scared of watering down our gene pool and well it looks like my dad was right everyone has been saying rks is extinct and we just keep smiling!
You’re 100% correct. I’m running greenpoint seeds now and csi Humboldt but I’ve been after some local stuff since I started. I think there’s some good stuff out there it’s just few and far between. I’d like a cut don’t know if or what you’d want if you’d even come off a cut but I can tell you I don’t do a bit of this for any money. I very rarely even use. My wife found out about her leukemia 3 yrs ago which put me on this. Then I started reading about how good our ground is for growing. And then been after local stuff since. I think a lot of the old school guys I know have lost what they had over time or the once who did have died off

Jonestown88

Obviously not, just hype like always lol. All these people claim they have real skunk but they really don't. This us the last rks thread I ever look at hahaha.
Who dont speak for your self uou obviously dont live in the applacian mountains

CrushnYuba

how could a plant not have red pistils grown to maturity. i remember back in the day things called xxxx redhair.... some def have more then others... but what plant has none. how would it reproduce.

Vallen

You might be thinking the brown pistils, that all pistils turn into at the end of life. I am not talking about that. I am talking about the pistils being red/pink instead of white when they are alive.

Jonestown88

You’re 100% correct. I’m running greenpoint seeds now and csi Humboldt but I’ve been after some local stuff since I started. I think there’s some good stuff out there it’s just few and far between. I’d like a cut don’t know if or what you’d want if you’d even come off a cut but I can tell you I don’t do a bit of this for any money. I very rarely even use. My wife found out about her leukemia 3 yrs ago which put me on this. Then I started reading about how good our ground is for growing. And then been after local stuff since. I think a lot of the old school guys I know have lost what they had over time or the once who did have died off
Im sorry to here about your wife
You might be thinking the brown pistils, that all pistils turn into at the end of life. I am not talking about that. I am talking about the pistils being red/pink instead of white when they are alive.
Ok, maybe the KY ones don't have it. Years ago i ran a "skunk red hair" and it definitely had red pistils.
skunkbud absolutely doesn’t have redhairs if it has redhairs it wasnt skunkbud and didnt smell like skunkspray or thick dead run over skunk! Skunkbud has peach hairs

Attachments

• 14A33FCB-59F2-4AF8-8C1B-06890E2426AA.png
    14A33FCB-59F2-4AF8-8C1B-06890E2426AA.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 37

Jonestown88

Im sorry to here that about your wife my grandmother had a battle with breast cancer and used some special herbs if you can dig some yellow root and brew tea it can kill cancer but it will bring boils out on you but it works!

Jonestown88

Im sorry to here that about your wife my grandmother had a battle with breast cancer and used some special herbs if you can dig some yellow root and brew tea it can kill cancer but it will bring boils out on you but it works!
And for something like that i could probably spare a cut for ya but you would have druve down to louisa ky and message me then i would come pick ya up blindfold ya and drive up to my holler on the wv side when we get there we can get high and i can show you some things then when were done with business i drive ya back to ky and go on youre way cuz lets be honest for all i know you could be cop and i hate cops

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
I wanna hear more about the puking red or the crestwood creeper. Of course there are family’s that have been growing the same cut does 40yrs but that doesn’t mean they’re willing to share.

IME, you gotta earn the cut, not buy it. KY has been such a conservative state, these m grows are clandestine and not talked about openly

Don’t smell
Don’t tell
Don’t sell (well, only in special cases)

Vallen

Im sorry to here about your wife

skunkbud absolutely doesn’t have redhairs if it has redhairs it wasnt skunkbud and didnt smell like skunkspray or thick dead run over skunk! Skunkbud has peach hairs
You are right. Wasn't saying for sure it was KY skunk. It was just a skunky smelling strain. There were different "skunky" ones around then and now. I guess they smelled like a skunk sprayed. But the kind you describe was/is the best. The smell was so strong, many people didn't want to smoke it. Maybe that "runover" part is what made it different. Just on a whole other level. Some type of organic type smell, not just like a chemical spray. My friend from Kentucky would get it sometimes from some family connection. But it disappeared and was replaced by what he called "lemon". I never liked it cause it would put you to sleep.

Jonestown88

You are right. Wasn't saying for sure it was KY skunk. It was just a skunky smelling strain. There were different "skunky" ones around then and now. I guess they smelled like a skunk sprayed. But the kind you describe was/is the best. The smell was so strong, many people didn't want to smoke it. Maybe that "runover" part is what made it different. Just on a whole other level. Some type of organic type smell, not just like a chemical spray. My friend from Kentucky would get it sometimes from some family connection. But it disappeared and was replaced by what he called "lemon". I never liked it cause it would put you to sleep.
You are right they was bigbudxnorthernlights and it’s extremely skunky sour i miss the cut because it was yeilder and so easy to grow i know it come from sensi seeds but im not sure they are still selling what they was back then! And ak47 was also extremely skunky and extremely fast flowering in our climate