What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old school hippie ways

Puffin13

Lifetime Supporter
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was recently at an outdoor cannabis event with a couple of friends. We were sitting and talking when some unknown guy came over and asked us if there was any cannabis being sold at the event. We said to the best of our knowledge there wasn’t anyone we knew that was selling weed. Back in the day, we would never sell weed to someone who needed some, so I offered him a nice bud from my stash. He said that it was more than he needed, for a joint, and asked how much I wanted for the bud. I said I didn’t want anything for it and that I was “old school hippie” and didn’t sell my weed. He was in total shock! He said he felt guilty not paying for it. I told him to have a good time and he thanked me profusely and left. My much younger friends were dumbfounded as well, as to why I didn’t sell it to him.

I was given a lot of weed in my younger days by friendly strangers and have never forgotten it. I’m just passing on the generosity/karma I received.

I’m sure there are other generous people here on IC Mag as well. Care to share about your nothing-in-return weed generosity?

Genghis Kush

I was thinking about the same thing recently.

It is normal amongst my old friends to give buds to each other. When someone stops over and I have some nice buds I always offer them one or more to take with them when they leave. We all do this and works great.

"Well you asked was I holding
I said no I'm not holding
I thought you was holding, it's true
But here I'm not holding
And since you're not holding
My dear, what on Earth will we do

Now you know when I'm holding
There's no need you holding
And you know the same about me
And if you run out
Before I run out
You can always get some from me

Now if you ain't got none
And if I ain't got none
We can go find some other head
Find out if they're holding
Get down and start rolling
And smoke what they're holding instead"

-------------John Hartford

Last edited:

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds more like you dodged a cop than anything ;)

I never sell, especially to randoms. Better to just give them a bud and take the kudos. Maybe they'll do the same one day.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
haha I love giving buds away.. I love seeing ppls faces when their heads get blown clean off... big grins on faces is all the payment I need :) :biggrin:

Last edited:

Puffin13

Lifetime Supporter
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was thinking about the same thing recently.

It is normal amongst my old friends to give buds to each other. When someone stops over and I have some nice buds I always offer them one or more to take with them when they leave. We all do this and works great.

"Well you asked was I holding
I said no I'm not holding
I thought you was holding, it's true
But here I'm not holding
And since you're not holding
My dear, what on Earth will we do

Now you know when I'm holding
There's no need you holding
And you know the same about me
And if you run out
Before I run out
You can always get some from me

Now if you ain't got none
And if I ain't got none
We can go find some other head
Find out if they're holding
Get down and start rolling
And smoke what they're holding instead"

-------------John Hartford

That's a great poem there, Genghis! I've never seen or heard that one before. In other words, there is truth to the saying "I get high with a little help from my friends". ;)

Runt

Trading buds is the best though, giving them away is nice and selling is a no-no (selling weeds turns you into a criminal, I could grow more and sell some but that would be illogical as I grow so I can avoid the "Rifkis" of the world).

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Sounds like a cop...

Sounds like a cop...

Sounds more like you dodged a cop than anything ;)

I never sell, especially to randoms. Better to just give them a bud and take the kudos. Maybe they'll do the same one day.

It's better to be safe than sorry.

My sons good friend got popped selling just a little bit of weed to a large breasted Police Undercover at a Country Concert.

She must have been sweet :party:

He brought over small Fire Plant he couldn't keep and I grew it out and it was The Fire.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I love giving herb to beggars at stoplites... usually just joint roaches or a smallish nugget. usually i ask "do u smoke herb?" only had a couple people say no.

BlueBlazer

What were we talking about?
Veteran
Being given weed is the nicest way of acquiring it. It's really sweet to be gifted with some.

Being the giver is even better. Pay it out.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I'm always gifting weed..

I'm always gifting weed..

I don't sell my medical so I give it to the needy...

It is a little selfish as I want to show off my primo homegrown. My weed is always better than what's available at the local clubs.

And I have a bunch.

I took a dozen CannaCookies to a Fourth of July party along with various joints.

People were Blazed and amazed :party:

I felt good helping people who couldn't afford to get it for themselves.

Peace

yooper420

Went to a Cannabis Cup 9 days ago. At the motel we stayed at, some peeps across the hall also went. Burned one with `em outside in the morning. Wanted to give

Went to the Michigan Cannabis Cup a week ago. Peeps across the hall in the motel we stayed at also went. Burned one with `em the next morning. Wanted to give
them a few buds of my grow and they were delighted to say the least. The one guy pulled the cellophane off of his cigs and handed it to me, looked at him and said "too small". He found a big paper sack to use. Dropped a handful of buds in it and said enjoy.

yooper420

hehe just a little bit...were you high or sumthin? lol ;)

Old senile people .....hippies

Random acts of kindness are always rewarding . it's the people that feel self righteously entitled to free weed I cant take

Damn, I resemble them remarks. Was I high ? Only stoned to the bone or something like that. Being 67 and toking on Ghost Train Haze, among others, all day long, ain`t no excuse, but.......ah shit, it`s all I got.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I give my friends some buds whenever I see them and they give some as well. Some people I give to say why you always give me weed? I say, because I don't like you when you are not high lol.