What's new

ok to pollinate female seeds?

Nicedreamz

Thought i read somewhere that you shouldn't pollinate a feminized seed line. That it is better to cross two standard seeds. Anyone have experience doing this?

Minilab

with some ways of feminizing , the danger of hermaphrodites is bigger.
When you make a cross with a fem phenol the change is very high that you'll get hermi's.

In the Minilab i experienced this, with strains witch are triggered very fast to hermaphrodite.

So i wouldn't invest youre time in such a breed,
its better to work with regular seeds for that purpose.

greetz Minilab

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
with some ways of feminizing , the danger of hermaphrodites is bigger.
When you make a cross with a fem phenol the change is very high that you'll get hermi's.

In the Minilab i experienced this, with strains witch are triggered very fast to hermaphrodite.

So i wouldn't invest youre time in such a breed,
its better to work with regular seeds for that purpose.

greetz Minilab

:yeahthats

A LOT of fem seeds are made from forced hermis. Just the fact that the seeds exist tells you there is a good risk of hermis in the genes.

Nicedreamz

ok so the problem will be, the seeds i get from pollinating this feminized clone could run the risk of being hermies

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
ok so the problem will be, the seeds i get from pollinating this feminized clone could run the risk of being hermies

Well, run a higher risk. The potential is there in all cannabis, it's just a matter of how easily a particular cultivar will hermi.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Thought i read somewhere that you shouldn't pollinate a feminized seed line. That it is better to cross two standard seeds. Anyone have experience doing this?

If the plant shows no signs of problems theres no reason you cant make some seeds for yourself ..

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
If the plant shows no signs of problems theres no reason you cant make some seeds for yourself ..

hello Mr. Donald :)

just to clarify, it is ok to make some seed for yourself, for personal use, to grow herb from.

but not ok to sell, or anything else really. imo of course.

much peace

Nicedreamz

well id prefer no hermies obviously but we currently are pollinating a Feminized Lemon Skunk from Green house seeds with a hashberry male from mandala.....ive never seen a herm in the lemon skunk and small group of us have grown out a few indoors and outdoors

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Im no expert but id say if you thourougly tested it to be gender bender free theres no reason you cant use it to make another generation of seeds , be great to hear results ..

Hey bombadil , not sure on the selling aspect , in this case it seems to be breeding for personal usage , hobby breeding .. I would absolutely encourage that and think there should be more of it .
good to see you by the way and hope all is well for you my friend .

Nicedreamz

no these wont be for selling, there should be someone here that has experienced with this issue previously and i hope to hear from them

facelift

This is the money you could be saving if you grow
Veteran
I don't think you can pllinate female seeds. Only female plants.

Latest posts

Latest posts