What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OG Kush.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

ograskal

Veteran
Thanks for removing that......Lets keep the pics OG Kush related!!!! Unless the Chicks are fine of course!! ~ograskal

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
this is a very interesting thread ograskal
keep it up

ograskal

Veteran
humboldthippy#1 said:
ograskal have you grown the headband? I was wonderin if there was a difference..

Sorry.....Never got a chance to smoke or grow the Headband yet. I was suppose to get a few Original Diesel cuts last year but it never happened. If the headband is anything close to the OGK, then its Bomb Herb!!Peace.~ograskal

leroymmj

OG Kush stands for Ol' Gansta Kush, correct? I may have missed it ealier in the post, but what is the lineage? Ma, Pa, parents?

ograskal

Veteran
leroymmj said:
I heard of alot of people, me included at first that assumed it stood for OverGrow.

I've always heard that it stands for "Original Gangster Kush!!" How it got that name and who named it is the real Question!?!?!?!~ograskal

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OG Kush

OG Kush

I have a large OG Kush plant outside in between two ecsd plants.

LOL..... let me find a quick reference from a reputable source.... Ill be posting it in a min. ^^^^^I love purple erkel as well. Its just well.... NOT Ocean Grown...LOL

G

Dammmittt!! Super pics. Why do they have to be so expensive? Just one. all I want is one. One day...you all inspire me. great stuff!!! Sup' Greenthumb.

Last edited:
a quote from jdogg600"Why does every OG descussion have to end up as an argument.lol

Actually the original OG was grown by the ocean in Pacific Palicades.
Thats what I heard,hence the Ocean Grown Kush."

then I saw this which is a more thourogh explaination of where it originated.....
quote from mysta "--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JD- As you said this is the story that makes the most sense out of all I heard. What do you guys think
OG Kush, Bubba Kush and The West Coast Dog.
"In late '93 John from Grass Valley Ca. got the Chem Dog cut. He shared it with me, Jerry(cowboy) from Dibble Creek Ca. and Harold(Putz) from Sunset Beach Ca. Putz had a male he called the secret ingredient. It was a cross of Lemon Thai and an Old World Paki Kush. Putz bred the secret ingredient to the Chem Dog. The buds that came out of this cross were going around So. L.A. county in '95. Someone told Putz that Kush must be so good because it was mountain grown. Putz laughed and told him "this Kush is Ocean Grown Kush bro". The tag stuck and it became known as OG Kush. In the spring of '96 Putz married a girl from New Zealand. Before moving there he sent cuts of his OG to me and Bob(beans) in Salinas Ca. He gave all his P1 stock and all the remaining seed he had to ****(mad dog) from Downey Ca. In late '96 **** sold some seed to some guys in the Valley. That's where the San Fernando Valley cut of OG comes from. It's like the Original only more sat in pheno type. **** sold a cut of the original to a guy in Orange county and that cut is called Larry today. It's still around Orange county. **** sent one other cut of the original OG to a breeder in Europe. As far as I know he never let anyone else have it.
Jerry bred his Chem Dog cut to a Humboldt county indica boy. This was the beginning of his cubing proccess. At BX3 he got a pheno that had all the smell, taste and kick of the Chem Dog, but in a pure indica pheno. Jerry gave this plant to Bob. It became known as the West Coast Dog.
Bob bred this plant to my Old World Kush male. He took a male from that cross and bred it to the OG cut Putz had sent him. This is what made the original Bubba Kush.
Jerry's cubed version of Chem Dog is what I sell as White Mustang"
So that seems like a pretty reliable source. heh?????????

Ive never had white mustang. If you want to inquire about it.... go on weedtracker and find mysta. hes the one whom I was quoting^^^^^. Doesnt it sound BOOMMBB??????

Last edited:
G

Sounds a little strang since me and joebrand made the name chemdog up in 1991 and their was only two people that went out west with the cuts one in tahoe and other in petaluma and that was late 1994. Trust me i know. Dude on your website it said the mustang is most likely from the chemdog lines wtf does that mean.

chemdog. like I said... I dont know about "white mustang". ^^^ like he said according to what mysta said. Otherwise, if you say its not true/accurate.... Ill believe you brotha, especially considering the source of o.g. I just thought it sounded like it made decent sense and could be accurate. I appreciate your clarification. just for the record im a huge fan of everything that resulted from chemdog. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts