What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OG Kush 4 Way: SFV, Ghost, King Louis XIII, Inner-Chi

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Starting this new thread for the 4 way OG grow, if you haven't seen my Inner-Chi OG thread check it out and get up to speed on the grow system.

https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijua...ing/og-kush/17928648-innerchi-og#post18005765

Busy day yesterday. Harvested last round, cleaned tent, and got next round transplanted into the 30 gallon horizons no till pot.

Harvested and cleaned the whole tent really well then started getting this new round in place.

Started by removing the mulch layer off the top of the soil surface, then marked around the pots and dug the holes out. Put a fat handful of fresh EWC from my worm bin in the bottom of each hole and sprinkled some Mycorrhizae and Azospirillium in the bottom of the hole before plugging the plants in and lightly firming them into place. Then added the soil I removed when making the holes back on top and then spread the rest of the 1/2 gallon pail of EWC and replaced the mulch layer back on top. Watered them in lightly and placed the lower trellis screen for training purposes. Shouldn't need much veg time here with the plants pre-vegged pretty decent in the veg tent.

Inner-Chi OG back left, SFV OG back right, Ghost OG front left and King Louis XIII OG front right.

fetch?photoid=18005783.jpg

fetch?photoid=18005784.jpg

fetch?photoid=18005786.jpg

fetch?photoid=18005791.jpg

fetch?photoid=18005789.jpg

fetch?photoid=18005788.jpg

fetch?photoid=18005787.jpg

fetch?photoid=18005790.jpg

fetch?photoid=18005786.jpg

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 1 12/12 (two days ago)

Inner-Chi OG back left, SFV OG back right, Ghost OG front left, King Louis XIII OG front right

fetch?photoid=18014935.jpg

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 4.5 12/12 (end of day 4, start of day 5)

fetch?photoid=18016682.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=18016682.jpg Views:	0 Size:	478.3 KB ID:	18016709

The entire plant from last run minus the buds has been added back to the mulch layer to become part of the soil once again. Since I dont have any isopods or millipedes to do the bulk of the shredding, I took the dried stems and chopped them up then used an old coffee grinder to grind the stems up. The worms, springtails, white and brown mites will do the rest of the work breaking down the material along with the bacteria and fungi in the soil. The leaves aren't an issue as they break down reasonably fast but the woody stems would take some time to break down if left whole, grinding them will definitely expedite the process of the material being broken down.

fetch?photoid=18016695.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=18016695.jpg Views:	0 Size:	327.4 KB ID:	18016710

fetch?photoid=18016696.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=18016696.jpg Views:	0 Size:	254.5 KB ID:	18016711

fetch?photoid=18016698.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=18016698.jpg Views:	0 Size:	395.3 KB ID:	18016712

fetch?photoid=18016697.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=18016697.jpg Views:	0 Size:	326.3 KB ID:	18016713

fetch?photoid=18016699.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=18016699.jpg Views:	0 Size:	448.7 KB ID:	18016714

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Best OG's for me are those who smell on new tennis ball can when opened....had it in SFV mixes...i grew before.

Desert Dan

Veteran
I did a similar run a while back with SFV, Tahoe, and Loompa Headband… Ended up keeping the Loompa and tossing the rest.

I predict the Louis to win this round. How is that Inner Chi smoking?

-DD:joint:

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I did a similar run a while back with SFV, Tahoe, and Loompa Headband… Ended up keeping the Loompa and tossing the rest.

I predict the Louis to win this round. How is that Inner Chi smoking?

-DD:joint:

Been smoking good especially for barely having any cure time so far.

Loompa is on my list as well, hear lots of good about that cut.

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Probably the last round of heavy training/tucking done last night on day 8 and now will let them grow vertically.

fetch?photoid=18019910.jpg

Desert Dan

Veteran
Which cut has the strongest branching? The branches on my Ghost cut are easily twice as strong as those on my Loompa cut…

-DD :tiphat:

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
They all really look very similar at this stage. SFV a little bit more stretchy than the others maybe?

The Ghost and King Louis XIII are damn near identical in structure and development so far with only slight differences can be seen when grown side by side. Inner-Chi is very close to the Ghost and KL but a little bit of difference can be seen when grown side by side and this SFV cut is a bit different in structure and development than the others for sure. She wants to grow straight up and doesn't want to branch out as easily and the stems are also thicker and stretchier between nodes for sure. Can see the difference between the SFV and the other three cuts even in early veg being stretchier and not wanting to naturally branch out at the nodes.

Which cut has the strongest branching? The branches on my Ghost cut are easily twice as strong as those on my Loompa cut…

-DD :tiphat:

This SFV cut has the visually stronger and thicker branches of the bunch but also less branching than the others so that may contribute to the difference also. This is supposed to be the SFV sub lbc cut, whatever that is I am not sure if its the original or not. The Ghost and King Louis XIII were from orgnkid and the Inner-Chi is the king klone brand cut. The branches on the Ghost and KL are thin but surprisingly strong when I pinched them to control the taller branches they didnt want to crack very easily when pinched with the fingers. The SFV branches are quite a bit thicker but cracked easier when pinched.

Today is day 21 of 12/12 and they are about to start really putting on and the differences should become more apparent soon. Cant wait to see how these all develop and the differences in terp profiles, etc should be fun to see. Pics later tonight when the light turns back on.

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 21 12/12, did a heavy pruning of lowers and some defoliation to allow better lighting to the bud sites that I left on. Started an FPJ with the defoliated buds and leaves, will apply during late veg and transition (first 3 weeks or so of flower) next round.

Before

fetch?photoid=18030054.jpg

After

fetch?photoid=18030055.jpg

fetch?photoid=18030056.jpg

Inner-Chi back, Ghost front

fetch?photoid=18030057.jpg

SFV back, King Louis front

fetch?photoid=18030058.jpg

goingrey

Looking good!

Fermented Plant Juice huh, that's a new technique to me. Very unwasteful! Do you apply it as a foliar spray or in the soil?

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking good!

Fermented Plant Juice huh, that's a new technique to me. Very unwasteful! Do you apply it as a foliar spray or in the soil?

I haven't tried foliar spraying any FPJs or FFJs yet, only as soil drench at a low rate say 3 mL or so per gal.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Your OG’s look 👍…Interesting technique with the mulch have you ever had any problems with re-introducing things like powdery mildew , or any other kinds of pest or disease?
Click image for larger version  Name:	09650A01-AFFD-402D-A770-8FB0F36E4A83.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	153.6 KB ID:	18030885

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Your OG’s look 👍…Interesting technique with the mulch have you ever had any problems with re-introducing things like powdery mildew , or any other kinds of pest or disease?

No, only thing I have to deal with is fungus gnats and they aren't too bad more annoying than anything.

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
End of week 4 (day 28 12/12) for the 4 way OG Kush side by side in the 2nd cycle 30 gallon horizonal no-till pot. Clockwise from back left: Inner-Chi OG, SFV OG, King Louis XIII OG, Ghost OG. Mars Hydro FC-3000 at 100% since day 18 in the Mars Hydro 100cm tent (~3'x3').

fetch?photoid=18037102.jpg
fetch?photoid=18037103.jpg