What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OG Family Tree

GoodTimeHealing

picture.php

JetLife175

Veteran
Hey Guys id like to put my 2 cents in...I have The xxx Og cut, Me personally we have had it since 12' But my guy Who Runs The XXX Out Of Big Bear and Hi-desert(socal) Popped a seed back in 2003, He was getting bud in SFV that the bags we called XXX. Not sure what time frame this Josh D came in at But id bet Mos t Og strains Now are a Bag seed fRom this liniage...

That cut came from Calm dispensary in Malibu and is rumored to be a OG x skunk cross.

JetLife175

Veteran
That isn't true, Caleb at CSI Humboldt has successfully reversed TK and made S1s.

Well if you can reverse the TK let me know. I couldn’t. Very few have been successful in getting it to produce a lot of seed. I got like 6 seeds when I did it. The Josh puts beans out for days. Either way not the same plant.

GoodTimeHealing

That cut came from Calm dispensary in Malibu and is rumored to be a OG x skunk cross.
Well Since 2003 It has Been Passed So i wouldn't be surprised if My boy gave it around especially around 2010. But Its all in saving these cuts most people have either gotten pests or have been busted, Its all about saving the originals! Not many people save cuts from 2010 let alone 2003.

JetLife175

Veteran
Well Since 2003 It has Been Passed So i wouldn't be surprised if My boy gave it around especially around 2010. But Its all in saving these cuts most people have either gotten pests or have been busted, Its all about saving the originals! Not many people save cuts from 2010 let alone 2003.

Calm was a dispensary in the 90s and early 2000s. The owner of that dispensary is the one to put the XXX on the scene. It’s common knowledge out here in Los Angeles with OG afficianados

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great looking flowers in that second pic, GTHealing! :joint:

I'm curious JetLife - do you know where the "Topanga Canyon Pure Kush" fits into the picture at all?

It's an "OG" style growing "Pure Kush". I'm fairly certain, it is the same plant that also goes around as Hollywood Pure Kush. (this is not a bubba type plant, so not the same as the Suge PK, ie Puss Kush)

It seems like at one time I remember hearing - bag of "Kush" sold to the like named area in '97. Seed found.

But it a cut that no one really seems to talk much about, except I've seen Kevin J. comment on IC several times it only tests in the 19-22% range but always smokes better than most everything else with much higher THC ratings.

I for one, am not tired of talking about OG. That quick break down you just rattled, is the type of information he is looking for. Perhaps, you could make the "family tree" and save the poor guy the questionnaire. ;)

dank.Frank

JetLife175

Veteran
Great looking flowers in that second pic, GTHealing! :joint:

I'm curious JetLife - do you know where the "Topanga Canyon Pure Kush" fits into the picture at all?

It's an "OG" style growing "Pure Kush". I'm fairly certain, it is the same plant that also goes around as Hollywood Pure Kush. (this is not a bubba type plant, so not the same as the Suge PK, ie Puss Kush)

It seems like at one time I remember hearing - bag of "Kush" sold to the like named area in '97. Seed found.

But it a cut that no one really seems to talk much about, except I've seen Kevin J. comment on IC several times it only tests in the 19-22% range but always smokes better than most everything else with much higher THC ratings.

I for one, am not tired of talking about OG. That quick break down you just rattled, is the type of information he is looking for. Perhaps, you could make the "family tree" and save the poor guy the questionnaire. ;)

dank.Frank

The Topanga/Hollywood from what I know is just about the same story. Rooms were being put up in the Hollywood hills and those first runs produced some seeds. The Topanga is one of those seeds. The Topanga was one of the early “unique” OGs for sure. The Skywalker and Topanga were the first ones I felt were different than the original.

Topanga has that sweet limey marshmallow underlying profile while the skywalker was pure lemon pledge OG funk.

Booyah!

Thanks for the information. I have both the Skywalker and the Topanga from different sources in LA. I have wondered the background on the Topanga since I got it. That one has a very different terpine profile. One I haven't come across in any shop. I can see why after growing it for a while. Kinda a slow plamt. Definitely takes its time in earlier stages. All of the hybrid seeds I made with it took a while to sprout and are vegging slowly too just like the mother.

Hopefull Stoner

Oh word, you got actual physical proof, as opposed to just stories, anecdotal evidence, speculation & conjecture?

No?

Didn't think so...that is the definition of shade homie, check yourself at the door we're trying to have an adult conversation here.

i had to lol as your definition of shade as we know it simply doesn't jive = it's not a proper/even close definition.

The expressions "throw shade", "throwing shade", or simply "shade", are slang terms for a certain type of insult, often nonverbal. Journalist Anna Holmes called shade "the art of the sidelong insult".[1] Merriam-Webster defines it as "subtle, sneering expression of contempt for or disgust with someone—sometimes verbal, and sometimes not".[2]

i just felt compelled to bring you down to earth so you can be more accurate if your are going to define terms and then not use them correctly. :party:

Hopefull Stoner

got to agree

got to agree

What this guy wants is everyone to do the work for him in this thread with zero contributions himself. It’s fucking played out. I spent years figuring it out because I actually cared to know.

awesome example of the some time feigned ignorance of novices/rookies who just want to take a bite out of the apple and leave the rest. (taken off an old rap/street dance film)

it's hilarious how folks want to use up ur brain and not use their own in their quest for whatever topic they ask about. I USED TO BE THE GUY MOST CAME TO FOR ANSWERS = the former human google lol. now i happily and quickly tell them to google it/go to youtube. :D

sure i still help folks who need it and aren't mentally lazy as fuck. but the rest of the lazy selfish jerks i just ignore now and don't jump in their threads offering help.

too many of the new generation want shit handed to them point blank period and get upset if they can't get down like that. lol fuk them all. = I'm a confirned curmudgeon :good: