What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oaxaca x Panama regular

Ras Kali Rasta

This is an exciting release. I've read that there is a considerable difference between the effects of lowland and highland Oaxacans. Is the Oaxaca 79 a highland variety?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hard to confirm since the source of this amazing Mexican sativa was a just a single clone, given to Kaiki/charlie garcia. This clone was selfed to produce S1 seeds, from which I did my own selection of 4 S1 females. 3 of them (#16, #23 and #24) are really really nice.

These 3 are longer flowering incensey expressions, not leaning as much towards Kaiki's selection, which tended more towards the very early, lemony phenotype with brighter effects. The fourth female, #8, is an earlier flowering type closer to Kaiki's selection. These four represent the last surviving straight Oaxaca 79 genetics in clone form (that I am aware of).

Speaking about Oaxaca's topography, the state is predominantly mountainous (over 80% of the land), so one can expect Oaxacan landraces to be highland sativas.

EnjoyingLife

Hard to confirm since the source of this amazing Mexican sativa was a just a single clone, given to Kaiki/charlie garcia. This clone was selfed to produce S1 seeds, from which I did my own selection of 4 S1 females. 3 of them (#16, #23 and #24) are really really nice.

These 3 are longer flowering incensey expressions, not leaning as much towards Kaiki's selection, which tended more towards the very early, lemony phenotype with brighter effects. The fourth female, #8, is an earlier flowering type closer to Kaiki's selection. These four represent the last surviving straight Oaxaca 79 genetics in clone form (that I am aware of).

Speaking about Oaxaca's topography, the state is predominantly mountainous (over 80% of the land), so one can expect Oaxacan landraces to be highland sativas.
Why'd you pick the incensey expressions?
How do you experience the effects of this one?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Why'd you pick the incensey expressions?
How do you experience the effects of this one?

I love incensey cannabis and i favor such type of selections, but it's not just incense. The selected Oaxacans are incensey, musky, floral, perfumey ... not just predominantly lemony smell. Effects on females 23 and 24 are mentally stimulating and trippy, female 16 stronger with more body effect, female 8 is a dominant lemony type of softer-brighter up effects.

EnjoyingLife

I love incensey cannabis and i favor such type of selections, but it's not just incense. The selected Oaxacans are incensey, musky, floral, perfumey ... not just predominantly lemony smell. Effects on females 23 and 24 are mentally stimulating and trippy, female 16 stronger with more body effect, female 8 is a dominant lemony type of softer-brighter up effects.
There is indeed something about the herb that puts an incense in the air.
Is the musk like basement, body or...?
It sounds like you have a well balanced slate of selection here.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
There is indeed something about the herb that puts an incense in the air.
Is the musk like basement, body or...?
It sounds like you have a well balanced slate of selection here.

Hi @EnjoyingLife there's certainly qualities in incensey cannabis i cherish a lot.
Oaxaca x Panama terpene profile is mainly perfumy musk, incense, floral, lime-lemony from both strains.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Dubi, concerning the Oaxaca x Panama hybrid - in which ways does it tend to differ, effect-wise, from the Honduras x Panama?
I don't care about taste or scent or growth habit, just curious about any general differences in the experience between the two.
Thanks!

Hi @Flacido Domingo i rate in average Oaxaca x Panama over Honduras x Panama for finished product. Same Panama male in both cases, but Oaxaca 79 has much more potent and complex effects and terpenes than Honduras.

Latest posts

Latest posts