What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nutrients and Additives (UK)

B

Bird~friend

-

:)

. . . was foxy lady. Joke. ;
Handfull of asha! ...:D
* 0 five PM ney joke - ITS Doing via use of..... . ' ME ' (of US) .
Shall all be Gifted Realise That.

Last edited:
B

Bird~friend

Whats that House & Garden Top Shooter Gel like anybody? I know peeps said they liked the powder

edit:

My friend Use to Mention That a lot!

n wasn't whinging , so i totally expect he "digged " the Stuff

:)

Last edited:
As long as it's water soluble calcium nitrate it will work. And if the Ca and NO3 values are the same as Yara then it's most likely the same stuff.

I'm not familiar with chempack but for hydroponics any commercial water soluble fertiliser will work as long as it has very low NH4 (ammonium).

Yara advise to use Kristalon brown and calcium nitrate in similar quantities for vegetative growth then increase KB for flower setting, and reduce Calcinit for fruit development and maturing.

So you can experiment to see what suits your water.

I run somewhere like KB:Calcinit 0.6:1 for veg and 1:0.6 for flowering.

For Coco you might want to buffer the medium first to displace excess K from the exchange sites. Calcium nitrate is good for this, or use rockwool untill you get used to the food.

Peace
BL

Sorry to bring this up wondering if you could help,

I've got 2 sacks of calcnit / and brown and want to use it with coco

So at the moment I've got in my spreedsheet the ec of each soliton p ml

So i enter 12L for size of tank and then it tell me to use for 1 on 1 30ml of each, Your ratios would this work out Calcnit 30ml / Brown 18ML?

Can you please help me thank you.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Shop gave me the mills range to try.

First impression, it's two parts. I had to accurately measure both. Then again as I missed the mark. Then again. So 6 measured doses. The second time I used it, 4 measures. In a perfect world, I could measure each part just once, so two measures. That's a lot of work compared to one part feed. Where exact measurements arn't needed at all. So a job that takes 30 seconds normally, took a few minutes, and a lot more concentration.

Second impression, leaf drop in 24 hours. Accompanied by stretch. There is no npk listed on this sample set, so I'm not actually sure if I'm a bottle missing. It's rare I see a leaf drop off though, so to find a few per plant is concerning. But it's not low EC, as spindly bolting occurred. A suggestion I went too high.

This could be the most disappointing feed I have tried. And I have turned to the £ shop in emergencies before. This trial is ending straightaway

I see no long term gain from switching feeds. In a single variety grow, you could find the best one. Which would work with that plant, in that location. Me though, I don't want to smoke just one thing, and dial it in over a few grows. I just need an all round base solution. As I change varieties constantly. Never doing just one at a time. So any well proportioned feed will work. I'm lucky enough to have a friend with a shop, who offers me more free samples than I could ever use. So I do get to try a few (when mine runs out before I can get to the shop). But have absolutely no desire to do so. Unless it's one part.

To add balance, and a defense for Mills, I did mix feeds. Or rather, I changed feeds, so both would of been present. Though it's never proved to be an issue before.

madalasatori

Veteran
I only use one part as well, I don’t see the logic in using two part when you get equal results with a one part

R

Rab.C

i used mills nutrients for first time just followed there chart and got good results but i have too point out the plant in pic was ripped out of the pot by my ex but i re potted it up next day and it turn out good.so mills is good stuff and i use there coco too so i am sticking with Mills nutrients Peace Rab

Spaventa

Veteran
Shop gave me the mills range to try.

First impression, it's two parts. I had to accurately measure both. Then again as I missed the mark. Then again. So 6 measured doses. The second time I used it, 4 measures. In a perfect world, I could measure each part just once, so two measures. That's a lot of work compared to one part feed. Where exact measurements arn't needed at all. So a job that takes 30 seconds normally, took a few minutes, and a lot more concentration.

Second impression, leaf drop in 24 hours. Accompanied by stretch. There is no npk listed on this sample set, so I'm not actually sure if I'm a bottle missing. It's rare I see a leaf drop off though, so to find a few per plant is concerning. But it's not low EC, as spindly bolting occurred. A suggestion I went too high.

This could be the most disappointing feed I have tried. And I have turned to the £ shop in emergencies before. This trial is ending straightaway

I see no long term gain from switching feeds. In a single variety grow, you could find the best one. Which would work with that plant, in that location. Me though, I don't want to smoke just one thing, and dial it in over a few grows. I just need an all round base solution. As I change varieties constantly. Never doing just one at a time. So any well proportioned feed will work. I'm lucky enough to have a friend with a shop, who offers me more free samples than I could ever use. So I do get to try a few (when mine runs out before I can get to the shop). But have absolutely no desire to do so. Unless it's one part.

To add balance, and a defense for Mills, I did mix feeds. Or rather, I changed feeds, so both would of been present. Though it's never proved to be an issue before.

I had calcium def with it and it read high on EC meter but everything was hungry. Binned it, now I’m trying Green Planet... the difference is like night and day. I’m so impressed with the recovery with just the basics I’m tempted to try some of their additives like Terpinator.
RabC - see... not just me... it’s an actual thing! :)

R

Rab.C

yeah bro i see maybe works well with my soft water.i am going too try this grow and see how they turn out...fingers crossed

I know I'm gonna get slated but I was using canna coco for years with their boost and h+g's root excellurator , but now I've changed over to Advanced nutrients connoisseur as my base with their big bud , bud ignitor and their overdrive also started using elite 91s roots that shits pretty decent
gonna use their myco Jordan an all if I can get it I've actually quite like the results from changing over to AN but eventually I wanna get into organics maybe run hydrotops..

My two friends use now Biotechniology and the weed is very good even if grown in hydro.

I use organic soil and technics and the quantity isn't here but the quality yes too :)

madalasatori

Veteran
Anyone else use hesi? I swear I’m the only person who uses it.

My lineup:

Hesi bloom
Shogun calmag
Silver bullet
Drip clean

Plus Foliar feed of Epsom salt once a week up until week 3 of flower, then I do a root feed of Epsom salt once a week up until flush

superx

Veteran
I have used several additives in the past everything from great white to g14 classified and liquid gold in a bottle, after a bit of tinkering around with my environment I managed to pretty much get perfectly dialled in regarding air exchange, humidity, temps, and also understanding how to read your plants. Regarding plants nutrition I now use a simple A & B from canna and PK half way through next time I will do with out the PK to see if there is a difference. This works for me and the end results usually speak for themselves, I can't complain with yield or quality and I am always up for learning. To be clear, iam not saying there is no need to be spending a fortune on nutrients nor will it have any sort of negative or positive effect on your ladies come chop time..It works for me... This ice bubble has me mashed, thank fuck for isolation.

Green81

Veteran
Anyone using Emerald harvest A and B on Coir? Last 3 runs seem good but no major difference to H&G coco A and B.
Ive still been using h&g roots exc
superthrive
Calmag
Week4ish i start slowly on PK.

Anyone else have a decent recipe?

hazyfontazy

Veteran
I have used several additives in the past everything from great white to g14 classified and liquid gold in a bottle, after a bit of tinkering around with my environment I managed to pretty much get perfectly dialled in regarding air exchange, humidity, temps, and also understanding how to read your plants. Regarding plants nutrition I now use a simple A & B from canna and PK half way through next time I will do with out the PK to see if there is a difference. This works for me and the end results usually speak for themselves, I can't complain with yield or quality and I am always up for learning. To be clear, iam not saying there is no need to be spending a fortune on nutrients nor will it have any sort of negative or positive effect on your ladies come chop time..It works for me... This ice bubble has me mashed, thank fuck for isolation.

Pretty much all you need,, keep the pk it works.
Only thing I'd add is liquid seaweed, wilkos own is as good as any hydro shop equivalent.

Green81

Veteran
Makes sense to have the room dialled in. Hazy when do you use your wilco feed? Once a week or through out veg and early flower?