What's new

Nov. 2007 Amsterdam trip. Need some input!!!

KnottyDread420

Whats goin on my fellow tokers?! Me and my homeboys are planning a trip to the Am this Nov. 2007, for the Cannabis Cup. I was just wondering what hostels are good to stay at, and also which ones are the cheapest. We tend to smoke 24/7 non stop, lol, so "smoker friendly" hostels are preferred. Oh and no curfews or lockouts and shit like that. Hope to hear from someone! Peace! :joint:

MrLunk

(just posted this in another topic but since yer coming to my country:

quote:

If you are in in Amsterdam...
And you want to get out of the tourist rush for a day then get yourself on a train to Hempcity Haarlem (15 minutes by train from Amsterdam CS). (approx 4€ return ticket).
Haarlem has 16 coffeeshops wich are quite different in nature from the Amsterdam Shops...
Ofcourse there are very good shops in Amsterdam but in my opinion Haarlem offers the smoker a much more relaxed atmosphere...

Check here for a virtual tour of Haarlem in Google Earth.

When you visit Haarlem be sure to drop me a Private message and your 1st Haarlem Joint is on me :)

Greetz,
Peter Lunk
Webmaster koffieshopbirdy.nl

CCronik

Webmaster of the birdy eh. Nice gig you got going.

Soon as your off the train in Haarlem go to the right out of Haarlem Central Station and Willie Wartels ,Sensimellia will be very close. You can go there and ask the budtender for a map to the other Wartels and some others such as birdy and treehouis. I really wanted to make it to Birdy bud we didnt have time. Wanted to leave something for the next trip anyways. Best weed in shops are going to be found in Haarlem hands down. Also very good shopping

TimewarP

KnottyDread420 said:
...wondering what hostels are good to stay at, and also which ones are the cheapest. We tend to smoke 24/7 non stop, lol, so "smoker friendly" hostels are preferred. Oh and no curfews or lockouts and shit like that..

not too many places in the old town have curfews. make sure to book a whole room to yourselves if you plan to puff tuff cause theyr rarely tolerant in the bigger shared rooms.
also for the c-cup most all their events are around the leidesplein which is on the southside of old town so book something close to there or between there and 'old quarter/red light' district to cut to keep travel time low.. the main party area/old town around the old canals isnt massive but it sucks sometimes to walk across town after getting blazed till the small hours

most of the hostels are equally tiny with equally crappy showers and equally lukewarm water heh

avoid the 'boat-el'
flying pig has a good rep and a smoke area in the front [but ive never stayed there]la canna used to be good, best in town imo but dosnt do the hostel anymore i think.. if you go too cheap.. watch out for your stuff theres some dodgy people about

theres loads of unassuming places that adv online.. also if your group is into it you can find apartments and canalboat rentals.. for a whole week it can be cheaper.. specially if you book a 4 person place but 6 sleep there styles

good luck.. and rent bikes [at least for a day or 2]

KnottyDread420

Mr. Lunk! I will def. let you kno when we're coming! Wow thats very generous of you mon! Im looking forward to it. Oh and how can I contact you to let you kno?

Time Warp do you kno who i need to contact for these canal boat rentals? Im thinkin that might be our best bet, we're a pretty wild crowd ya kno :friends:. lol. Wouldnt want to get kicked out for pissin people off. haha. Even tho we dont try to.

We might rent some bikes but most of us skateboard or blade so....i dunno might be better to rent bikes since we be blazed out of our skulls. lol

Thanx for the input yall, I do appreciate it.

TimewarP

dude.. use google .. canalboat/houseboat rental amsterdam
sweet part of renting a place is having a kitchen so your not reliant on restos the whole time
and due to the uneven brick used to pave the roads a lot of the town is tough on small wheels. not impossible but its lumpy

KnottyDread420

Yea i did still lookin and comparing at some places. Damn thats a bummer bout the streets tho. Oh well, we're still gonna have a kick ass time. Thanx for the heads up tho Warp. Looks like we'll end up renting some bikes after all!

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
much of Amsterdam is cobblestone or brick. not the best for blades and skateboards. tram tracks are not fun either.
your best bet is defineatly bikes. that being said there are some little skateparks around Amsterdam.

KnottyDread420

Aight that good to kno! I was just gonna leave my board at home. Oh yea, Im planning on gettin a shit load of seeds while im over there...will i have any problem getting them back to the US? cause i dunno how hard customs is, ya kno. i figured id but them in sumthing else besides the bags they come in. What have any of yall done to bring them back?

I've stayed in various hostels (youth hostel, bob's hostel) until I discovered the flying pig. It is a nice, clean safe and fun hostel to stay in. Also if you're a night owl there's always someone to smoke and chat with. They also have a bar with really good prices.

They also have a free internet connection.

It's definetiley not cheap (22-29 €) but they have rooms from 4-16 pax. If you call you can arrange to book a room for yourselves.

I'd highly recommend the flying pig if you're looking for a fun hostel where you can meet nice people, enjoy a lot of smoke and are not too worried about paying a little extra.

P.S. You can also use the kitchen which saves a buck or two. Breakfast is included and you can sign up to have meals with the staff for a low price.

Last edited:

KnottyDread420

Yea maybe mailing it would be best....

I saw the Flying Pig while i was searching, def. one of the better Hostels in the Am, it looked like. Plus they got DJs and shit, and you urself can use the turntables! Thats bad ass, imma have to tear that shit up! lol. It might be expensive but not as expensive as a hotel room, plus it comes wit breakfast, cant beat that.

Do you have to pay first or do you pay when you get there, cause im still saving up for the trip, even tho im sure one of my buddies could front the money. Thanx for ur help all!

Latest posts

Latest posts