What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

notations?

Ca++

Could we have a little area around peoples posts to make notes about them?

This is for your use everyone. My post here could have a 'toggle notes' button somewhere uneventful. Under my name perhaps in some free space. It could be a green button. Clicking it would open a text box below my sig, where you could add notes specific to me. If you have added notes, the 'toggle notes' button would turn red. So when you look at my name to see who is posting, you also see if you left any notes. Perhaps my name could change colour rather than the toggle button. We could even choose colours. Blue=friend. Red=inaccurate info. Purple=bell end. Like a personal rating you have of me, and if you choose you can toggle the notation box to see what notes you left on me.

The multiple colours is probably a step too far. A notation box you can toggle for each user seems like a must have for me though. So I can keep tabs on who people are. Because there are just too many of us to remember everybody.

I think this should be embedded into forum software, yet I have never seen it. If it's not there, we should ask zen for it.

Thoughts?

Ca++

Thanks Steven. I find myself checking this thread as I'm again wanting to remember something about a specific poster. I really don't want to get paper and pen to write lists I then need to check. That's just not fun. I would love to leave notes about past interactions, attached to the users name though. You know the old story. Some people are just not worth your time :)