What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Not new to ICMag, but needing advice on MMJ

tepox

Hello all,
First post under this nick, been around the IC for many years now. I recently moved back to NM (born and raised here) from Oregon (fantastic smoke up there) and am now looking to pursue my MMJ card here due to some recent catastrophic events in my life leaving me completely debilitated with PTSD. I have read the laws and understand the process to some extent, but have some questions that a buddy of mine could not answer. First off, is it required I go through one of these Cannabis doctors that you can find online? Or can I send in my application with my psychologists signed diagnosis to the board for approval without going through one of those doctors? I can't afford to pay someone $250 for them to see me for 15 minutes and then wait for months to hear anything. Also, how does the state handle the PPL applications? Do they show up to inspect the grow area or will providing pictures with descriptions of intended grow processes suffice? I intend on doing a perpetual NGB style cab with either coco coir or aeroponics, will decide once I'm further into the process of being legal. Thanks in advance for any responses, it doesn't look like this forum is particularly active. Not surprising, we NM folk tend to keep to ourselves. Stay safe, one love.

Mr.Canndahar

Hey bud,

Welcome back to the land of enchantment! Here in New Mexico two signatures are required for approval into our state's program. Not all doctors will require you pay 250$ for their signatures. Just the practices which are strictly in it for the money. Believe it or not some of these doctors actually care about their patients. PM me if you need names.

In regards to the Personal Production License (PPL), only pictures and proof of residency. One thing to consider as well is that the NM DOH does not have the resources to be checking personal production grows.

Hope it helps!

Cheers.

tepox

Thank you for your response. So does the two signatures rule apply as well for a PTSD diagnosis? I read somewhere that it would only require one with the doctor's diagnosis, don't recall where though.

I was mainly concerned because searching google turns up a ton of these "medical offices", and then those websites refer to a quick in and out process then a waiting period.

I also had a friend go through one, and wound up being jerked around for three months before he threatened a law suit for them to supply his card. Lost his records, his application and just had poor customer service in general. I may take you up on the names at some point, have to get my posts up to the allowable amount for pm's first.

Thanks again!

Mr.Canndahar

The two signatures are NOT required for Psych conditions, only one required for PTSD. That all being said, if you can find a compassionate psychiatrist or nurse practitioner they may very well be willing to sign without the fees of some of the other offices.

New Mexico doesn't make it easy on it's patients in the process for their medical cards, but the feds never mess with the program either because our DOH is so anal.

motaman82

Hey guys. I'm also definitely not new to the site, I always had another user name, miawjc3,. I finally have moved to a state with mmj but I don't know how to get a recommendation. I live in abq. I have a really rare chronic pain diagnosis as well as PTSD. I checked out zia but I can't afford the 150-200 just to get a card. I've been on opiates everyday for the past 5 years and I'm sick of it. I moved here to transition from the opiates to mmj. I just don't know where to start. Any help would b appreciated. Oh and tepox I don't mean to step on your toes I just figured we were in a similar situation so I'd chime in.let me know if you want me to ask the admin to start a new thread.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's the normal fee ($150-$200) for obtaining an MMJ card in New Mexico.

There are a few shady practitioners out there, so beware.

Best by far, Albuquerque Integrative Medicine, is top notch. Used them twice before moving to Colorado.

Get all your medical records before making appointment- ones that can substantiate the need for medical cannabis.

Latest posts

Latest posts