What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nostur's DIY vertical tube grow Walls of green | 2x600W

Nostur

As you can see in my journal, I made a DIY tube for vertical WoG growth using only 10 cloned white widow flowers. If anyone wants, I can go in detail with creating this system, but it's still PoW. I also use techniques like fimming, lst, SC and such to maximize growth of the plants. If you have any questions or suggestions ask me. I also want to make homemade drip/mist system, but every way is quite expensive, so it gotta wait till next grow.
16ca1ba.png

You are doing great. If i were to recommend anything. pictures. people love pictures. they dont even need to be of your grow. a cool catapillar a dog a whatever... poeple like pictures man. otherwise things look great. Im excited to see some fatty colas!

Nostur

8xsjdl.png

I FIM all the flowers like this. Right now, I'm near fimming for a second time on most flowers...

Sadly, today I accidentaly ripped off a top from one flower. I take it as an experiment to see how will the flower act.

Funnymoney420

Ya picks are good. I would definitely get rid of those fool tubes that would help. They are not needed. Run a small fan under neath to push the hot air from the bulbs up to the carbon filter. I'd also put something reflective behind the plants. I've made this mistake before were the front nugs came out finished and the backs didn't as much I wanted.

Also what kind of nutes. What kinda ppm you running. Air temps. Day and night. Humidity. What seed bank the clones from? Details like that are nice feature.

Funnymoney420

Like I learned here and from personal experience. Environment is everything. So many times I've worried about using the best most expensive nutrients. Or using expensive unneeded equipment. And honestly environment is what had the most impact every time. When things are dialed in environmentally everything else just seems to fall into place.

Nostur

Funnymoney420: I have the tube to help me control the temperature, ie. I can cool both bulbs easily... As I said, I use Advanced Hydroponics micro, grow and bloom, and I use it as it says the dosage on the bottle. For sprinkling, I use Vita start and Pythamin, from Plagron. I believe Pythamin is called Vita race now... Those are nutes that I've been using for many years. If you want, I can write the dosage here, no problem. The enviroment is pretty good imo, I have temperatures in the box 25 to 29 celsius degrees, which is great for them. Also, I keep humidity over 70%, right now I'm aiming to reaching 100% humidity, which from my experience is really good for plant growth.

They are now on 18/6 routine, which I'll keep for at least month more, to make them grow real good.

Also, its not from any seedbank, for many years I had guys that supply me with clones directly, and they grow the mother plants for many years, so noone remember any seedbank.

Tomorrow, I'll post pictures of the plants one-by-one, is tried HC cropping on one plant today, I snapped cca 5cm top from it, to see how will the plant behave.

Nostur

2ee91m8.png

Here you can see nice example of LST, I'm training the plants to achieve as much growth as possible. ie I position the plant so maximum of light lands on the leaves.

1584a36.png

This is the picture of the topped one. We'll see how that goes. I'm really interested in the outcome tho.

33b05rd.png

This girl is after FIM, some leaf cutting to increase root growth, and after some basic trimming of unnecessary leaves and such.

Nostur

Alright, so you were right, the tube didn't withstand the temperature, it didn't melt, but reshaped. I had to remove it, because it fucked up my bulb. Thanks god to good ballast, it all works now. Ill post more pictures today, had to redo the wiring etc.

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What up,Nostur..
Good to have a new show running around these parts...
Looks like a lot of potential ya got going...

Was wondering if that was really plastic... Doh... You can see the warping starting in the 1st pic...

Since your at a point where things are flexible..
Small plants and room to move around...
I would suggest..

Try setting up the basic Vert bare Bulb rig and see if it flys.

You can build a simple rig to hold the stacked Bulbs for $10-$20 and 30 minutes of ya time. If nothing else just jimmy rig them into place for a test...

Air intake down low with a small bun fan below the light rig on the lowest setting and a good exhaust above the light rig...

Get the air exchange @ x2 and as long as the Intake is cool enough you'll be golden and without the glass blocking 20% of your lumens your product will be nice and dense...

As for a cheap drip system... I've built dozens of manifolds on the cheap... 1 pump-1/2" PVC pipe-1/4" tubing and a few connectors and theres nothing you cant get watered..lol

Maybe look into the PPK system and really have some fun...

Anyways... Im going to pull up a bucket and jar,if ya dont mind...
I really enjoy watching how others get er done and whatever you chose to do,I'll be lurking,note pad and pen in hand.... :biggrin:

It begins.... Nice!!!
Been here,done this...hahaha Awesome stuff...
Have fun and get er done,bro... Thanks for taking the time to share... D.U.D.E...:abduct:

tiffa

What up,Nostur..
Good to have a new show running around these parts...
Looks like a lot of potential ya got going...

Was wondering if that was really plastic... Doh... You can see the warping starting in the 1st pic...

Since your at a point where things are flexible..
Small plants and room to move around...
I would suggest..

Try setting up the basic Vert bare Bulb rig and see if it flys.

You can build a simple rig to hold the stacked Bulbs for $10-$20 and 30 minutes of ya time. If nothing else just jimmy rig them into place for a test...

Air intake down low with a small bun fan below the light rig on the lowest setting and a good exhaust above the light rig...

Get the air exchange @ x2 and as long as the Intake is cool enough you'll be golden and without the glass blocking 20% of your lumens your product will be nice and dense...

As for a cheap drip system... I've built dozens of manifolds on the cheap... 1 pump-1/2" PVC pipe-1/4" tubing and a few connectors and theres nothing you cant get watered..lol

Maybe look into the PPK system and really have some fun...

Anyways... Im going to pull up a bucket and jar,if ya dont mind...
I really enjoy watching how others get er done and whatever you chose to do,I'll be lurking,note pad and pen in hand.... :biggrin:

It begins.... Nice!!!
Been here,done this...hahaha Awesome stuff...
Have fun and get er done,bro... Thanks for taking the time to share... D.U.D.E...:abduct:

Thats a really helpful post! Nice one. Especially the detail about setting up the lamps and fans to maximise heat reduction. I wish id have read this 1st before wasting an hour researching cool tubes haha thank god they aint necessary for 1200w stack

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I would stop topping those plants. With the amount of plants you have you will end up cutting all that extra growth out later. If not you will end up with a bunch of fluff.

I cant tell what size bulbs you have. Looks like a six hundred over a four hundred. If you can lower the bulb down so that the socket and half the bulb are above the plants. This will cause them to stretch out some. That way later you dont have to cut out so much plant.

If you are going to use that many plants run one bulb. On one of the PPK threads d9 went with a thicker canopy like you are going to get. It was in his long narrow stadium grow room. Ask him how that went if you dont believe me about to full of a canopy. A little second opinion does not hurt. Most vert guys start out like that. Marlo is another guy to ask about to dense of a canopy.

As for the water system if you a diligent with watering you should be fine. Right now I water my flower rooms twice a day. And they are on flip so four times a day. You just need to water consistently.

Also what are your plants in? Peat, soil, or coco?

We live and learn and it looks like you cool tubes melting your wire is a good lesson to start with. Glad you didnt get the Bobblehead treatment.

Perpetual Nooch

Nice looking setup. Is this your first run with it? If not, what kind of yields have you gotten? What is the volume of your growing space, or square footage of canopy?

Latest posts

Latest posts