What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Northern Lights

G

Hi. I was just wondering what information/history anyone could give me on Northern Lights. It's a strain I've always seen mentioned and I guess it just seems a little overlooked. I understand that it's been used as a great breeding tool, but I was just curious about NL as a plant. For some reason, I've always been drawn to this strain.

G

i was looking for the same thing i have a pack of sensi NL, 9 months old i am getting ready to grow and would like to know what the high yield and smell and tast is like .thay say it does not smell ,but ther are some that like the smell and tast.its an old strain so i guess its been hyped to all hell and the only thing being hyped is deiasal and sour shit.

G

apparently, atomic northern lights from doctor atomic is the best NL offering ATM, but thats just what I've heard...

G

I remember hearing the same thing about atomic nl. Weird how this strain is always thought of as a great strain, but rarely talked about.

Aroma

I love NL , I've smoked it quite a few times over the years and it is a wonderful strong, low paranioa high with a real nice body buzz to it while leaving your head pretty clear if not overindulged, tastes nice too, sweet and a little sour in a hashy sort of way. I'm nearly a month into vegging female seeds NL, 100% germ, slight variations among individuals apparent , but looking good so far.

G

dan woody said:
i was looking for the same thing i have a pack of sensi NL, 9 months old i am getting ready to grow and would like to know what the high yield and smell and tast is like .thay say it does not smell ,but ther are some that like the smell and tast.its an old strain so i guess its been hyped to all hell and the only thing being hyped is deiasal and sour shit.

Well...great plant...easy to grow...good yields...excellent relaxing stone...nice taste, like wild berries comes to my mind...and it doesn't smell much during flowering...what else do you need from good indica..?
I say, GROW it and you know it!

Sensi's NL

-BG-

darkside420

Im growing Northern Lights x Big Bud, still seedlings though. But like many I've always been strangely attracted to the Strain.

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
WOW nice to hear Atomic Northern is considered top notch I just happen to have that in my aresenal I tried it once got 1 fem but was very very short i remember i vegged for like 3 weeks and the plants were only 3 inches high I thought at the time and still do.. that it was just a deformed plant so i tossed it but from the smoke i got(very little) it was very stoney
I will be trying it again in the future

upNORTH

i am almost ready for floweing with my Northern Light Special (The Original) from K.C. Brains, it smells very sweet.... i am almost gauranteed a nice harvest.... i am hoping

Last edited:
G

the problem w/ NL..is that lots of people claim to have NL.

it almost make it "generic"

if u know u have NL ...then yeah its gonna be the shit.

I have given away MTF clones (thats right..MTF clones) ...I do live in AK BTW ...only to have the same fukin person try to give me a so- called "n. light" clone ...when he would have been better off saying that he was givin me a MTF clone back....WTF?

I dont need clones, and I know where my genetics come from on everything i grow.

...just seems like N. lights is becoming a bit beneric....especially when peeps are passing off much better weed like MTF as NL.

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMHO no pure NL can be compared to a LUI, trueblueberry ,Blueberry , Venomberry .
This is street schwag with a high yield ..... jeah and no smell :(
I dont grow anything w/o pungency or bone breaking ass smell through the walls ..
Fj

dakine420

nl is the bomb

nl is the bomb

My very first grow was nl. I picked up the seeds in dam square at some tourist place before i ever decided to grow, (the seeds were old). The guy prob bought em at big discount to local seed shop. I had 10 WW, and 10 nl. I got em home and only got 1 female each, grew em out and WOW!!!! The nl is to this day the best ive smoked. The taste was kinda musky/spicy, but very nice. The potency was perfect! Very strong ! My favorite!

Fjall: I grew LUI also, much shorter plant, didnt like it as much as the nl, but the lui had the FATTEST, most dense top cola ive ever grown. BIG PLANT, but short. High wasnt as hard hitting as nl, not sure which pheno i had

LOL I'm high on BG Apollo 11 genius pheno. OH and 73 melty bubble from like 6 strains (afghani, chronic, nl, a11, sensi star, & sage) yummy!!!!!.

Last edited: