What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

North London White Rhino S1s - Info and grow along

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey unregistered190 , no definite news yet, but i am spraying a plant atm with double strength mixture which from Tonygreen 's STS thread means about the strength TomHill used... i'm now regarding this as a learning curve... i still have about a dozen seeds from the first tiny batch. i found a jar of one that i grew over christmas and was reminded again that this is worth persevering with. Ive also just crossed the WR to BlueDigiBerry , already kind of done by others but a classic combo which i thought worth trying.
hope you having a good holidays,
VG :tiphat:

Gene.bank.uk

Hi VG
hope you and everybody had a lovely Christmas with there families and loved ones I’ve been checking in every single day waiting to see if there is any news yet on these lol it’s the only thing I want to have in my life again and will literally keep my fingers and toes crossed still for these to work for you VG I really hope you have a good run this time and some seeds can get sent out to SB can’t wait I’ve been patiently waiting since the beginning of this thread lol but again wish you luck with there VG. And soon as they get put on SB I’m ready to pull the trigger super fast on as many packs as I can get lol I need to find that pheno from 20 years ago. Thanks again for all the hard work you do and for all the white rhino crosses you do including the new blue digity that will be lovely but can’t wait for these S1.

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
VerdantGreen thanks for the quick response, I’ll have funds set aside for them when it happens.
I opened a jar and busted up a nug of the #4 in the bedroom the other evening while we had xmas company in the living room and I didn’t realize just how strong of a smell it has to folks not around it. Straight funk! And while #4 is my favorite the rest all were strong smoke…..remember all were harvested early too.
yes, definitely worth preserving and people should not sleep on these when they drop.
happy holidays to you!

Gene.bank.uk

Hi there VG
Wishing you a happy new year and everyone else I thought I would have a check in to see how your getting on with the white rhino S1 seeds as it’s been a month still waiting patiently checking in everyday lol I’ve set aside my funds and ready to pounce as soon as they are at SBAY and will buy as many packs as i can as I need to try and get something close to the cut as possible I actually saw one of the guys that had it in 99-2000 been searching for him since then lol and he lost the plant a few years ago and never been able to get it back either he said the rhino crew hasn’t got it anymore either it’s only the cuts that are out there left that they gave out many moons ago so looks like the only hope i have is with your S1 seeds to try and get something close as possible to the cut and that pheno hopefully fingers crossed I’ve been searching for that specific pheno well cut should I say for over 20 years now lol so can’t wait for you to have success with these and the plant will be back in my life hopefully before my health gets any worse and will be able to have the pleasure and chance to have that medicine I remember back in my life it’s literally the my favourite medicine out of all cultivars and the only thing that actually helped me so much it’s the only plant I need and want in my life so I’m wishing you all the luck in the world and crossing my fingers your successful with these :)

hamstring

Veteran
Hey there VG just picked up a pack of your S1 pre98 Bubba. I was hoping to grow the S1 White Rhino along side of her.

Hoping you were able to reverse her and get some seeds?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey there VG just picked up a pack of your S1 pre98 Bubba. I was hoping to grow the S1 White Rhino along side of her.

Hoping you were able to reverse her and get some seeds?
Hey Hamstring, sorry for the late reply. I haven't yet managed to reverse the WR again.. my reversing skills seem to get worse and i wonder if i should start again from scratch buying new chemicals ... others have tried on this cut and failed so it looks like it will be tricky... but i haven't given up yet. I will be releasing the Gorilla Vs Rhino soon (gorilla bubble x WR) and that i think is the cross ive made that is closest to the cut so far. (still evaluating the test grow smoke)
VG :tiphat:

mr.brunch

Veteran
Nice stuff…. Used to go and pick up a box from London once or twice a week probably 20 or so years ago. Wonder if we ever got the rhino 🤔
Was always different top quality bud, but if we ever asked the guy about names he’d say ‘it’s bud’

Reactions: zif

Patch

The second one has narrower leaves... Note the slightly burnt tips - for me that is a characteristic of the North London WR. Ive grown everything from original haze to deep chunk without burnt leaf tips - but the WR cut always gets slightly burnt tips for me regardless of the soil or feeding.
View attachment 17837032 View attachment 17837033 VG
The second one has narrower leaves... Note the slightly burnt tips - for me that is a characteristic of the North London WR. Ive grown everything from original haze to deep chunk without burnt leaf tips - but the WR cut always gets slightly burnt tips for me regardless of the soil or feeding.
View attachment 17837032 View attachment 17837033 VG
Always been a lite feeder that rhino

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here is the WR clone at 6-7 weeks (she's done in 8)
still keeping the dream alive to make more S1s... she does pass both the cheesy terps and the fruity in crosses.. not in every plant but some.
WRnugg@6.jpg
WRnug@6.jpg
WR@6.jpg

VG