What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

North London White Rhino S1s - Info and grow along

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all, i have had this clone of White Rhino for a few years and have already used it in a couple of crosses (Bubba and C4DD) which i have been very pleased with. It is skunky and cheesy, smells strongly, very resinous and smokes beautifully, tasting of Moroccan hash.. very moreish !
Ojd posted in one of my threads more recently and identified the cut as the 'North London White Rhino' - which was one of the major commercial clones being grown in that area 15-20 years ago.. and since then it has generated a lot of interest from some of the old school heads that remember it but thought it lost forever. For me this was nice to find out, as i had been told that it came from N London.. but it was already a favorite of mine anyway.

It has been difficult to reverse and produce pollen, but i have managed to make a small batch of S1s which can at least let us do some test grows whilst i make some more.

I have a couple of seedlings and there is another, larger, test grow just starting which should get posted up soon.
WRS1seedlings.jpg
VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I will post some pics of the NL White Rhino here when i can get into my galleries to find them!
Here we go. i have no great pics that i can find but this gives an idea..
WRveg.jpg
WRscreen.jpg
WRdone.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all, i have had this clone of White Rhino for a few years and have already used it in a couple of crosses (Bubba and C4DD) which i have been very pleased with. It is skunky and cheesy, smells strongly, very resinous and smokes beautifully, tasting of Moroccan hash.. very moreish !
Ojd posted in one of my threads more recently and identified the cut as the 'North London White Rhino' - which was one of the major commercial clones being grown in that area 15-20 years ago.. and since then it has generated a lot of interest from some of the old school heads that remember it but thought it lost forever. For me this was nice to find out, as i had been told that it came from N London.. but it was already a favorite of mine anyway.

It has been difficult to reverse and produce pollen, but i have managed to make a small batch of S1s which can at least let us do some test grows whilst i make some more.

I have a couple of seedlings and there is another, larger, test grow just starting which should get posted up soon.
VG

I saw that Ojd was going to release some WR crosses soon. Can't wait!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey DGD, i'd be interested to hear which crosses he was going to make with the WR ... we had a chat about it a while back when i passed him the cut but not heard since...
updating post 2 with some pics

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes a very nice smoke,,,, I nicked a bit off OJ just over a week ago,,,
Slept very well and taste took me back,,,,
nice one VG,,,,s2

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks all!

Yes a very nice smoke,,,, I nicked a bit off OJ just over a week ago,,,
Slept very well and taste took me back,,,,
nice one VG,,,,s2

Yeah man this cut draws all the old-school heads out of the woodwork ; )

grabbed a couple more pics... still need a pic that really does this justice. I came by the cut just after i stopped posting all my grows, so not that many pics. North London WR clone: Veg and pre-harvest shot.
Click image for larger version  Name:	wrveg 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	220.0 KB ID:	17818568
Click image for larger version  Name:	WRdone.jpg Views:	0 Size:	217.1 KB ID:	17818569

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
I have 5 of these just getting started. Thanks VG! They will be in promix hp and hand fed gh maxi-bloom start to finish.

Attachments

• photo2033493.jpg
    photo2033493.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 83
  • photo2033494.jpg
    photo2033494.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 78

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
After trying several times loading pictures this evening I give up and may try again in the morning. Had issues for a few days after the upgrade then all has been ok, now I can’t post pics because file size too big.
Hey VG, are you in any other forums that would be acceptable to post the grow log. I am not a member of any others but willing to explore.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey unreg.. yeah i have also seen a few issues with pics in the last few days after thinking i had it sorted... i'll try now in the bubba 18 thread and see if i have any luck. Plant looks good. back shortly.
VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi unreg... it seems to work best for me if i use the 'upload attachments' button and then chooses 'large' for the image ... (thats what i just did in the B18 thread)
it didnt seem to like more than 1 image per post. Sorry, there is no other forum i'm a member of like here .... hopefully we can persevere .. but yes it is a PITA !
VG

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
[No message]

Attachments

• photo2037603.jpg
    photo2037603.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 84
  • photo2037602.jpg
    photo2037602.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 93
  • photo2037604.jpg
    photo2037604.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 87
  • photo2037605.jpg
    photo2037605.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 88
  • photo2037606.jpg
    photo2037606.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 94
  • photo2037607.jpg
    photo2037607.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 86

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Large it is....that works for the time being.
Plants took a drop to the floor and upset the root system about a week in, then I left them under too strong of a light while I went to work. They are starting to look better other than the mutant. Don’t think that one is going to cut it.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice group! little more height than mine .. are you under HPS?
Just one showing some mutations or similar,
great start... excited for these !

I'll get some pics of my two tomorrow.

VG

p.s. glad i'm not the only one that sometimes drops plants! ( mine always land on their head ) amazing how they usually manage to shake it off!
I dropped a tray of plants on their head this morning... luckily they were violas and not cannabis plants!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OK, after a small delay... here are my two plants:
First one, wider leaf: A bit of double leaf serration action - someone pointed that out as a feature of the clone.
Click image for larger version  Name:	WRs1wideside.jpg Views:	1 Size:	127.2 KB ID:	17837025
Click image for larger version  Name:	WRS1widetop.jpg Views:	1 Size:	204.4 KB ID:	17837026

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The second one has narrower leaves... Note the slightly burnt tips - for me that is a characteristic of the North London WR. Ive grown everything from original haze to deep chunk without burnt leaf tips - but the WR cut always gets slightly burnt tips for me regardless of the soil or feeding.
WRs1narrowside.jpg
WRS1narrowtop.jpg
VG