What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

North Dakota passes MMJ !!!!!!!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Congratulations NORTH DAKOTA
What an incredible time in our state. I will do updates on this thread as we walk through the implementation process. I will be working on helping new growers get started. Planet Natural has let me pick out a grow package for new ND growers. I have been gifted a high CBD strain for ND patients. I will honor that kindness with every plant grown. Quality before Quantity. Peace:woohoo:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
https://d3ix816x6wuc0d.cloudfront.net/public/images/logos/leafly-logo-dark.png
Hip Hop Artist Drake must have beentalking about North Dakota when he rapped that catchy line, “What a time to be alive.” First the state’s oil boom jumpstarted a stale state economy, and then North Dakota State ran off five consecutive national championships in college football.

Tonight: the cherry on top. North Dakotans just voted to legalizemedical cannabis. With more than 60 percent of the vote reported, North Dakota is passing medical cannabis legalization with ahealthy 63% approval.

What happens next? Don’t worry, North Dakota, we got you covered.

First of all: Medical cannabis is not quite legal yet. It will take time for the initiative to become legally effective. The State Department of Health will have 90 days after the election to implement rules and regulations regarding medical marijuana.

Here are the basic parameters. A qualified patient could be dispensed up to three ounces of usable cannabis, and could grow cannabis if his or her home is located more than 40 miles from the nearest registered facility. The definition of “usable marijuana,” according to the initiative, includes the driedleaves and flowers of the marijuana plant, and any mixture or preparation of those dried leaves and flowers, including but not limited to tinctures, ointments, and other preparations.

To be a qualified patient, the following list of medical conditions are covered under the compassionate care act in North Dakota.

These Medical Conditions Are Covered:

Cancer and its treatments

Epilepsy

Multiple sclerosis

HIV/AIDS

Hepatitis C

Glaucoma

Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease)

Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)

Alzheimer’s disease (Dementia)

Crohn’s disease

Fibromyalgia

Spinal stenosis

A chronic or debilitating disease, medical condition, or its treatment that produces one or more of the following:

Cachexia

Wasting syndrome

Severe debilitating pain that has not responded to previously prescribed medication or surgical measures for more than three months or for which other treatment options produced serious side effects

Intractable nausea

Seizures

Severe and persistent muscle spasms

Compassion centers, or dispensaries, shall possess no more than 1,000 cannabis plants irrespective of the stages of growth at the center. Also, the centers cannot possess more than 3,500 ounces of usable marijuana regardless of its formulation.

Compassion centers also must maintain not-for-profit status, and the application fee for state licenses is $5,000. Beyond that, the North Dakota Medicinal Cannabis Initiative does not include details about the application process
Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
This is a post already up on the leafly website. There is numerous growers ready to step in and do MMJ right. (This is a great step forward for North Dakota. This measure has been voted in by a majority of ND citizens. I hope our state legislators don't impede it's growth and implementation. My hope is that the individual growers will be able to provide medicines for others. Large special interest groups only consider profits and production as a successful business model. Quantity over quality should never be an aspiration in the MMJ industry. We have seen this in all other medical states. Medical marijuana and recreational marijuana need to be established as separate entities. Medical marijuana should only and ever be naturally organically grown in soil with a healthy microbial foundation. Synthetic fertilizers and nutrients should never be used in any consumable plant. Quality over quantity is a platform that will benefit all consumers medical or recreational. North Dakota you have my word that when I become a medical provider. It will be to provide the best genetics through continued research and testing. The purest medicines regardless of profit margin. My passion for your quality of life is unshakable. If you want to learn how to grow your own medicines. Please contact me at meddakotabis@gmail.com The great folks at Planet Natural in Bozeman Montana. Have a grow package for new ND medical growers. As I work full time I will respond to your inquiries as time permits. Thank you )

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
I have had some people contact me regarding state licensing. This is the email address to contact the ND Health Department. health@nd.gov They don't have anything on their website yet. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello and Happy New Years! Please celebrate responsibly. I have been in contact with the State Health Department. They still don't have any information regarding license applications for growers or dispensaries. I hope by March we are able to get started. There is much building and planning to do before we put seeds in the ground. My investors are anxious to get this opportunity going. I wish you all a great and happy grow year. Peace

rolandomota

Veteran
Good for you the only thing i dont like is that you need to live 40 miles from "compassion" centers to grow your own thats just ridiculous. Nevada had that too i think but their rec legal now so it doesnt matter. It could be worse like zero home grows. hey its better than only cbd for seizure disorders only or zero tolerance no weed decrim laws.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
I here you brother. I live 42 miles from town. Working on getting set up as medical provider for dispensaries. Much to do yet, building a green house and ordering dirt. Peace