What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

norml?

idoja

I am curious to know how many women out in ic land are over thirty, have no children and have never been married. I don't believe that you owe an explanation to anyone, but if you are so inclined, please drop a few words as to why you live as you do. Society has pretty much set the standard for what is normal, and it seems that married with children is what is expected of you at this point. Perhaps the well educated are the exception to this rule.

I myself am abnormal and I would like to know that I am not the only one out there...an how big a pool I would be working with.

2-COOH

hope you dont mind the post here because I'm not a woman but can relate because im in my 30's and not married, no children etc.
I agree with everything you said about societies expectations and its unfortunate that anybody who doesnt conform gets labeled abnormal.
I know of maybe one woman my age out of many that are not married with kids. She is different in many ways, artisitstic, independent, just a "type" that seems to be like that...
I also know many that are un-married with many children and various partners, or married and miserable.
I know of relatively happy married couples also, it just seems rare.
For me I never liked kids, even when I was one i repulsed myself, so personally, even though very unpopular of a concept dont want to have my own!
I would label you as unique and not "abnormal" if that helps any.

idoja

For me I never liked kids, even when I was one i repulsed myself, so personally, even though very unpopular of a concept dont want to have my own!

that made me lol! yes unique.

i feel the need to immerse myself in a bohemian lifestyle of a foreign culture. i'd like to see a horizon of possibilities rather than a predetermined path.

maybe im still looking for a girl that will make my legs shake and my toes curl.

2-COOH

i feel the need to immerse myself in a bohemian lifestyle of a foreign culture. i'd like to see a horizon of possibilities rather than a predetermined path.

depending on your loc. im not sure what foreign is to you, but to me it's outside the US. There seems to be lots of same minded culture, if not more out there...

im with you on the whole predetermined path sukyness. and wish you best of luck and hope you find everything youre looking for my friend, stay true.

Helps Me

I'm over 30 but am married and have children. Still tho, I myself felt no pressure to get married or have kids...it was just something I wanted to do, I guess (Once I was in love).

A

arrg

I know a couple girls that where like that and then got knocked up by a douchebag just to have a kid it seemed like. I think in one girls situation she though she was with the man she was going to be with forever but he was found posting cock pics all over criagslist in the gay section and he also gave her herpes with a side order of warts.

The other girl turned 34 and all her friends had babies so I think she felt left out. she kinda trapped her next BF but didn't try to make him marry her or even go after him for support. She makes good cash and he is a dirtbag but whatever. the kid is about a year old and daddy has seen him 2-3 times.