What's new

Non Cannabis Hydro Growing

BridesNightie

They will probably be okay if you keep them close to the light CHT. Probably grow slowly though and won't need much water or fert.

After complaining that my cauliflower and cabbages aren't doing too well under my 400 hps I have a cauliflower producing a head!!! Very excited :) Probably taste as tough as wood chips though.

Click for Larger Image

G

Hey all

Hey all

when i started this thread , i thought it may take off.
I am running 4 4' 40 w flouros,20 gallon tub, GH 3 part nutesas per Lucas formula.I can hardly keep up with them.

I have topped one of the tomatoes for shits and grins.I is turning into a tomato bush.The other tomato seedling, didnt like the hydro at first, but goin good now.

On my lettuces(or would it be Letti)any who, i think they are like an Iceberg type(leafy).Each grows a new leaf a day.Will get new pics if anyone is interested.

just a crazy thought...

just a crazy thought...

i was just reading a post about scrog'ing and it got me
thinking....anyone ever scrog a tomato??

j-man....you should try it....
just a crazy idea...but who knows....you might end up being
the new pH of the tomato world...
lol

-Sam

oh yeah..ps...j-man try bibb lettuce..grows quick in hydro
and has a different texture....almost buttery...very good.

Last edited:
Wish I could help.. YOu should look intp Maxium Yield Web-Site. They have alot of info on Hydro lettuce and tomatoes. Hope this help Girl..

Peace from Sauce:wave:

CHT

does abyone know if chillies need a dark period to veg or to flower if not does that mean I can keep them under constant artificial light?? Chreers

CHT

I.M. Boggled

Certified Bloomin' Idiot
Veteran
Day neutral plants are not affected by day length, as the category name implies. They flower or bear fruit due to physiological age or temperature. Although plants in this category do no have specific lighting requirements, some will show improved yields and performance with a longer, 15-18 hour, light "on" cycle and the corresponding 9-6 hours of darkness. Day neutral plants include tomatoes, chiles, eggplants, sweet peppers, zinnias, marigolds and roses, as well as the new day neutral strawberry varieties.
http://www.interurban.com/abouthydro/hid_light.html
University of georgia, Dept. of Horticulture, Vegeatable crops link

Drfeelgood

Has anyone grown Tomatoes DWC Out doors

Has anyone grown Tomatoes DWC Out doors

I grew 4 tomatoes plants this summer in 5 Gal buckets with the drip ring setup. I grew these on my deck started in the spring and boy do they love the hydro. My plants grew like crazy and got about 8ft tall and had a ton of tomatoes all summer.

The one issue I had was Blossom end rot on a lot of tomatoes so I had to try and over come that. I will be doing this agin next summer because it was so easy and the resuts were fun.

I also have some of my own strain(Sweet GA Skush) growing in the same 5 gal drip ring setup outside and they are growing huge as well.

Would love to see a thread for growing other types of plants in Hydro.

Great Thread

DFG

syko2

Hi all...good to see so many old freind's:)

I have grown many types of fruit's/veggies and flowers in hydroponic systems.

Tomato, peppers, squash, banana, cucumber, lettus, cabbage, watermelon, lillies...a few others but ya get the jist.

If you can grow any of these plant's in hydro cannabis should be easy:abduct:

converted

converted

great thread with tons of good info. I have grown tomatos an dothe rveggies and herb (legal) kind outfdoors in soil. I grow my inhalable herbs inside in DWC. Anyway I moved and have not set up a proper garden so I gave tomatos a shot in a planter. AHHH terrible results. The tomatos are sweet but very small and many had disease.

Soooooo what do I do but search out hydro tomatos and here I am :) I just got my heirlooms - zebras and several other varieteies and I am off to plant them now that I have seen this great thread.

I saw teh post about tomatos ripening on maturity but can tehy withstand 24 hours of light? I run my veg chamber that way but I coulsd easily stick a timer on it.

let me know

peace

sgd

Latest posts

Latest posts