What's new

No meds for you

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
Long story short, I see a psychiatrist for depression and anxiety. My last Doc was cool with mj and he said if it helped to smoke then smoke. Well when he retired i had to find new doc. After 3 months of waiting I saw new doc and he told me he could not give me meds (prozac, clonapin) because i smoke. My question is. . . is that legal, refusing to prescribe meds to someone cause they smoke dope?

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
sunnyside

Unfortunately I don't think it is illegal. Different docs have different approaches to meds, there are no hard and fast rules unfortunately.

However I am a firm believer in voting with your feet when it comes to docs. If you are not happy with his management, try to find a different doc more like your last one. Maybe another med user in your area knows someone else you can see.

Good luck! -MGJ

I don't think he refused it because he's against it...it could be because some of these anti-depressants are MAOI's which can have near-fatal if not fatal reactions with many drugs and/or foods. more commonly found these days in anti-depressants are SSRI's, which can react negatively with various drugs as well... anti-depressants are really not something to mess with, so if he believes there could be a chance of them reacting negatively with you or your lifestyle he has to say no to save both yours and his ass. :)

--if smoking helps you, why do u need more meds? if it doesn't do a great job, maybe try a different strain :)

Good luck,

T_h

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
tropical thank you for reply. . . taking ssri, i dont think maoi's are even used anymore. . . smoking takes edge off, but if I stopped meds all together I would crawl in a hole and die!!! Seeing new doc now and I didnt tell him for fear of not getting meds:( . Why should I have to lie to my doc about using a natural substance that helps?

G

depending on your state...there should be a listing somewhere with Cannabis friendly Docs....if your in Cali...CANORML.org...is a great resource....if not find the equivialent....

Latest posts

Latest posts