What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

(NL#2 x Chem) x OPG

Jerry_Garcia

Hi all, I have one nice female of the (NL#2 x Chem) x OPG currently going and has been in flower now for 2 weeks. I have been real happy with the vigor and structure so far so I figured I would let folks watch to the finish. These were given to me as freebies fromReal Gorilla Seed Company on an order a while back...Thanks!

I am running her under a 600w MH currently and will be switching to a 600w HPS once the stretch settles down. She is still growing about 1.25 inches (3 cm) per day. I grow in ProMix with amendments (blood and bone meal, green sand, dolomite lime, kelp, worm castings and added perlite) in 7 gallon fabric pots. I use Earth Juice line of nutrients. I am letting her show me what she can do naturally and haven't done any LST or the like with her.

Sorry for a sideways pic...tried 3 times this morning and it would never right itself.

Last edited:

Jerry_Garcia

Day 16 Flower

Day 16 Flower

Welcome solid air! Glad to have you here.

Just a few pics from this morning. She is at around 31" (79 cm).

Jerry_Garcia

Welcome Eugene!

As you can see I did defoliate a number of days back. Not a ton but I think enough. I had popped 5 seeds and all germinated. This is a new grow setup for me as I have been out of the game for many years. When I got these going, I was still dialing in my veg tent and had some poor air circulation so 2 didn't make it. Of the other three, I got 2 males and this single female. Now to see how she crosses the finish line.

Jerry_Garcia

Day 17 Flower

Day 17 Flower

Along side the one (NL#2 x Chem) x OPG I am growing out four bag seeds that were gifted to me from a friend. She grew some out and was impressed so I figured with my grow setup being new, I would run these for fun to dial everything in. They are looking great, very sativa, so I'm excited to see how they finish. Anyway, here is a group shot, the NL#2 cross is in the middle. I continue to feed her lite (around 500-550ppm with my water coming in at 200). She doesn't seem to be wanting for anything so I'm going to continue feeding lite every watering. I am going to add some Mr. Fulvic and liquid kelp to my next feeding as I keep hearing great things about this combination.

I did pull 2 cuttings off of her just before I put her into flower. They both cloned well and are currently growing nicely in my veg tent under a 315w CMH. I used a 16 site EZ Cloner for the first time and had a 100% success rate.

Last edited:

Jerry_Garcia

Day 20 Flower

Day 20 Flower

Thanks solid air, much appreciated.

I didn't mention this but my (NL#2 x Chem) x OPG is two weeks behind the bag seeds I am running. Again it is the one in the middle and I now have it lifted up with a larger pot underneath so all of the plants are at somewhat of a similar height. The stretch is starting to slow so I will be switching to my 600w HPS soon.

The two cuttings I took off of her are doing well in the veg tent. In the tent picture they are the one's in the middle and middle left. I tried some super cropping this morning and thankfully it went pretty decent. My last attempt didn't go so great, snapped a plant pretty good but I had to try again.

Last edited:

Jerry_Garcia

Day 22 Flower

Day 22 Flower

Just a few pictures from this morning. I was hoping the stretch was about done but she is still growing about an inch/day. I'm thinking I'll keep the MH on for a few more days. I did move the light up a little as you can see a touch of clawing in the closeup. She is 37" (94 cm) as of this morning.

bs0

I've got a few of these growing too. I'm interested to see what it was about the OPG that made RGS so excited that they crossed it with the entire world...

Jerry_Garcia

Day 29 Flower

Day 29 Flower

Everything continues to go well. The stretch is about done so I switched to my 600w HPS on the 8th. She is now about 41" (104 cm). I am feeding her nearly full strength Earth Juice Bloom formula and she seems to be loving it. No sign of deficiencies or over fertilization. The two clones I pulled are looking good and are now about 12-13" (30-33 cm).

sunstone

hi , jerry garcia very nice , i have about4-5 10pks othis strain ,current free.b @gorilla seeds.com cant wait fo,bud ,n trich pic,s ? happyweedhappyhead ! onelove sunstone .

sunstone

hey ifucked up - AGAIN.as usual i sarted from wrong end of your post there,s no point sayin sorry coz i know ill guarantee, todo again !lol !. my bad. onelove sunstone ! just say KNOW !

Jerry_Garcia

One thing to note is the stretch on her was quite a bit. I put her into flower at 15" and she went to 41". Just an fyi so you don't run out of height.

Jerry_Garcia

Day 35 Flower

Day 35 Flower

Just some pictures from this morning. She continues to take nutrients well. I'm still only feeding at about 550-600 ppm of the Earth Juice line and she doesn't seem to be wanting for anything at the moment. What I currently have her on, all per gallon:

-Earth Juice Grow 1 TBSP
-Earth Juice Bloom 1 TBSP
-Earth Juice Xatalyst 1 tsp
-Mr. Fulvic - 1 tsp

All are mixed together and brewed for at least 48 hours.

I'll now start slowly pulling out the EJ Grow as we start to approach the finish.

I am having to think one thing through right now. Pulling my 2 clones when I did (just prior to switching to 12/12) is looking like it may become an issue. Note I also pulled 6 clones from a few of the bag seeds that I am running out so that totals 8 plants vegging right now in the 4x4 tent. They are growing well and are pushing 18-19" already. Knowing these stretch quite a bit, I need to be getting these on their flower cycle well before they hit 30". I've topped them and have now supercropped them both twice. I'm realizing now, there is no way I will be able to keep them under 30" over the next 5 weeks while my flowering plants finish. So now I need to figure out how I can keep these genetics in the growroom if she ends up being worthy. I could pull clones now which would give them 5-6 weeks of veg time before I could bring them into the flower room (I'm estimating my current flowering plants need about 5 weeks more...just guessing at this point as I have not run any of these genetics before). That may work but the next issue I run into is space in the 4x4 veg tent for both my cloner and plants. As bushy as they are getting, I guess I could keep 4 different plants vegging, setting them up as potential mothers, while also running my cloner. I should have room for that. So that leaves me with 4 plants that would need to be culled. Honestly, if I knew and trusted someone in the area, I would just gift the plants. :chin: It may just be me but I hate chopping down young healthy ladies. Anyone have any better ideas? I just didn't think they would clone so easily and grow so fast under my 315w cmh.

Happy Growing!

Last edited:

Jerry_Garcia

Day 34 since taking cuttings

Day 34 since taking cuttings

A shot of my veg tent currently just after I suppercropped them all - still in 1.5 gallon pots:

Picture has some weird lighting under the 315w cmh...nothing is yellowing but it kinda looks that way in the picture.

A shot of a supercropped branch:

Jerry_Garcia

I've got a few of these growing too. I'm interested to see what it was about the OPG that made RGS so excited that they crossed it with the entire world...

Yeah, I don't know much of anything about the OPG they are using. It must be something special for them to put it to work so often. I'm certainly curious and excited. Maybe someone can shed some light on this OPG.