What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nick Saban retiring...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
in college football, this is about like a "Pope retires, wants to go fishing" kind of announcement. schools coast to coast will be paranoid that THEIR coach might be the sacrificial lamb picked to fill Sabans shoes in Tuscaloosa. myself, i thing they'll pick Lane Kiffin myself. 'bama likes his bloodline, aggressiveness, and recruiting ability. they might NOT like some of the "shoot from the hip" comments and his abundant talent for pissing people off. that schtick worked for Steve Spurrier though......

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
in college football, this is about like a "Pope retires, wants to go fishing" kind of announcement. schools coast to coast will be paranoid that THEIR coach might be the sacrificial lamb picked to fill Sabans shoes in Tuscaloosa. myself, i thing they'll pick Lane Kiffin myself. 'bama likes his bloodline, aggressiveness, and recruiting ability. they might NOT like some of the "shoot from the hip" comments and his abundant talent for pissing people off. that schtick worked for Steve Spurrier though......
We all have to retire someday.

buzzmobile

Veteran
This is a quote from a Fishing Forum in the South I read in response to Lane Kiffin eyeing the Alabama job.

Ole Miss is paying him $9 million a year and they don't expect him to even compete for the SEC championship and you think he's gonna go to UAT where they will expect a Natty within 2 years??

Latest posts

Latest posts