What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NEWS ARTICLE ABOUT SHIVARATRI IN NEPAL

ngakpa

Veteran
hi tintala, thanks for the link

btw there is a typo in the first paragraph - it should be naga baba... or naaga to make the pronunciation more clear... it says nanga babas, but I am 99% sure they mean naaga

if you are into festivals with a cannabis theme, it is also Holi Festival soon, and this usually involves the consumption of large amounts of bhang

http://www.holifestival.org/

there are a lot of great authentic bhang recpies on here
http://www.holifestival.org/bhang-recipes.html

tintala

ngakpa said:
hi tintala, thanks for the link

btw there is a typo in the first paragraph - it should be naga baba... or naaga to make the pronunciation more clear... it says nanga babas, but I am 99% sure they mean naaga

if you are into festivals with a cannabis theme, it is also Holi Festival soon, and this usually involves the consumption of large amounts of bhang

http://www.holifestival.org/

there are a lot of great authentic bhang recpies on here
http://www.holifestival.org/bhang-recipes.html
Yeah well I didnt write the article and am just sharing it because I'm sure alot of people haven't seen this sight before, I dont care how they spell it actually, i know what they mean, and it's notorious for a Nepali news article to have mispelled words and usually does, you sure are a critical person, are you from Nepal or what? Besides it's a neplali article on a nepali festival, in nepal. You were also critical of my video , of which you had speculated incorrectly, as you presumed something without reading the caption. Bonkers in USA means outa your mind, of which , thus, you already insulted me.. I know which end of the stick I'm coming from , BLOODY ell.. :cuss:

ngakpa

Veteran
hey Tintala, once again man really I'm not interested in offending you or anybody else, I'm just interested in the culture and spreading as correct an understanding of it as I can manage...

correcting a typo in the article is just that, I wouldn't even expect the author him/herself to mind, given that he clearly is interested in the subject matter and cares about it, as I'm sure you clearly do too... not everyone who reads that is going to know that is means "naaga baba" though, are they?

sorry to see you're still upset about me saying it would be bonkers to look for ganja to smoke when in a charas producing region...

the analogy is not precise, but to me it looks rather like asking for a cup of instant coffee while on Blue Mountain in Jamaica...

however "each to their own" was simply intended to convey that clearly it is up to you to do as you like - if you want ganja then go ahead and look for it, none of my business needless to say

however, it does feed into an issue that does matter to me and hence why I even bothered to mention my incredulity -

it becomes an issue when people start imposing their smoking preferences onto the culture... now before we get another misunderstanding I am not accusing you personally of doing that, but in places like Himachal you can already see the negative effects on a traditional charas culture of foreigners' notion that soft squidgy charas is the only good stuff... likewise, I can imagine the negative effect of foreigners demanding buds such as they are used to back home, and so on

hence I personally prefer to smoke the regional speciality when I visit a place, and would always encourage others to do the same

my main interest is to see the diversity and richness of these regions maintained, that is all, so my posts are really intended to convey nothing more than the message "when in Rome do as Romans do"

apologees if any of my posts seemed as if they contained barbs aimed at you, I am puzzled as to how they could have done, but the fact that it did is nevertheless a bad thing - just to reiterate, I am interested in the culture and its future, hence why I would even bother to mention such things

nb it may be this comes down to me misunderstadning this sentence: "everytime you got to get some ganja , it been rubbed down!" ... I was assuming from that, wrongly perhaps, that you had been trying to find some buds to smoke - maybe I misconstrued what you wrote

Last edited: