What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Newbie vaping help

Batboy

Not sure if this is the right forum, but I didn't see any subforums dedicated to vaping.

I was fortunate enough to come into possession of Bhang stick cartridges (disposable oil-filled cartridges that screw onto 510 thread batteries). I went out and bought a third party battery and one cartridge worked great for a few days, then stopped working. The other 2 did not work at all from day 1 (yes, the battery was charged and recharged). I tried them on a friend's completely different battery and they didn't work there either.

So. . . . I have come to understand that these cartridges are notoriously unreliable if not used with a Bhang stick battery, which I don't have access to. I also understand that I can transfer the oil to a nondisposable cartridge (atomizer?). I know next to nothing about vapping, e-cigs, e-pens, etc. Given that I have a 900 mAh battery and charger, I just need the hardware to be able to use the oil. There is so much out there that I know nothing about: wicks, coils, tanks, sub ohms, watts . . . can someone please take pity and help me get something so I can put this oil to use?

MrBelvedere

ICMag Donor
Not sure if this is the right forum, but I didn't see any subforums dedicated to vaping.

I was fortunate enough to come into possession of Bhang stick cartridges (disposable oil-filled cartridges that screw onto 510 thread batteries). I went out and bought a third party battery and one cartridge worked great for a few days, then stopped working. The other 2 did not work at all from day 1 (yes, the battery was charged and recharged). I tried them on a friend's completely different battery and they didn't work there either.

So. . . . I have come to understand that these cartridges are notoriously unreliable if not used with a Bhang stick battery, which I don't have access to. I also understand that I can transfer the oil to a nondisposable cartridge (atomizer?). I know next to nothing about vapping, e-cigs, e-pens, etc. Given that I have a 900 mAh battery and charger, I just need the hardware to be able to use the oil. There is so much out there that I know nothing about: wicks, coils, tanks, sub ohms, watts . . . can someone please take pity and help me get something so I can put this oil to use?

Get this tank and choose 1 ohm not .5 ohm
http://www.myvaporstore.com/Joye-eGo-ONE-Tank-XL-Black-p/joye-eotbk.htm it is bulletproof works great every time for a long time...

That is all you need... but this battery is really good to have too if you vape a lot.
http://www.myvaporstore.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=mvp3

have fun

Batboy

Thanks Mr. Belvedere.

Things like this is the reason I am so gun-shy. The language below was copied from the eGo tank link you provided. How can I be sure that it will work with my battery?

Warning: This tank uses a sub-ohm resistance atomizer. It will only work on a mechanical mod or a mod capable of firing an atomizer of 0.5ohm or lower. You must be sure that your mod AND batteries can handle SUB OHM coils. If you're using a regulated mod, make sure it can handle the amps. For mechanical mod users, please use 30 Amp batteries or higher.

Opus Buddly

Yesterday I made some vaping "juice" with QWISO and chocolate flavored PG (it was all I could get here in Bumfuck, MI. It's potent as fuck but I don't care for the shitty artificial chocolate flavor.
Today I went to the big city smoke shop and got a better "tank" and then to the health food store for some unflavored VG. I like the taste of cannabis a lot more than I like the taste of artificial fruit flavors and shit.
Anyway...my oil doesn't like to dissolve in the VG as well as it did with the PG even when heated.
Does anyone know if I could add the VG to the ISO after the wash but before the ISO evaporates and end up with a less viscous vaping "juice"?