What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New York Paraphernalia Law?

G

Does anyone have specific information on a new law taking effect now in New York State about drug paraphernalia? After a long, long drive to the local glass merchant, we walked in to find empty cases and shelves. The clerk told us that they had just packed everything up yesterday, they couldn't sell anything else. They did still have rolling papers, but that's it. Blew my mind. Discussing it on the drive home, I just got more and more angry.

I have a list of arguments/gripes/bitches, but I'm sure we all know them by now. Legitimate business owners who contribute hugely to the community, both financially and through social responsibility, many of them bringing business to desolate, abandoned downtown areas, dumped on by this ridiculous law.

I guess it's similar to Philly's law? Would like to see which fucktard introduced this crap in the NY Legislature.

I have therefore resolved, as a matter of honor, that I will deposit (not litter) a minimum of TEN aluminum soda cans with one side dented in and some holes punched in the apex of the dent in a conspicuous public place on each visit I make the the People's Republic of New York.

Not surprising, but it still pisses me off!

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It could be an ordinace of the city they are in. I know the guy that runs a shop and he hasnt said anything to me and he is still doing business.....

G

Yeah... curious whether it's a town or the whole state... there are a lot of headshops in New York state.

G

I just called another shop, they said it may be a big rumor that it's law. I guess there was an article in the Elmira papers, but the guy I talked to said no LEO has contacted them at all. Rushing there tonight, since the store I called makes and sells their own glass pieces. I'd be really sad to hear of them being harassed by the pork.

The first shop we were at is a chain store, maybe they got scared, or something.

This is all weird, even though there is a law against used pipes, etc.; 20g or less was "decriminalized" in NY. Still gotta pay the fine, but hey, it's a start. I guess NY is currently considering MMJ legislation.

Hope this is all a rumor, I need some bong parts! If I were a NY resident, I'd be learning how to make glass pipes for sure. Fuck the haters.

later, flip

G

found

found

Just searched and found an article. Appears to be a local "initiative" backed by DEA agents. Sad how intimidation and coercion work so well. Sounds like the local head hog is going to run for something soon. :moon:

Here's a link to the story:

Elmira Project HALT

later, flip

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I didnt see the word marijuana in that story, nor did the police say it. I think they are trying to stop the use of meth and crack. Those were the pipes they were talking about. I didnt see the word bong or pipe at all referenced....

G

Me either, but supposedly this is where the story originated, perhaps the shop we went to last night has a branch in Elmira, or their owner panicked? Point is, the intimidation from somewhere caused the shop where I get stuff to stop carrying the items that I want. Just a further 5 or 6 miles to the next one, though.

later, flip

Latest posts

Latest posts