What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

new years eve 2014

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
did you make it hazyfontazy? i know trichomefarmer was in town for the new year, apparently it was absolutely fucking crazy, every coffee shop had huge cues outside the door going down the street, they all closed at 10pm too. while riding a bike was deadly as they allow hard core fireworks in Amsterdam and on new year anything goes, including throwing them just in front or behind passing bikes lol. they were throwing bangers around that made car alarms go off lol, let alone all the fireworks being set off in the normal way from just about every open space people could find.

hazyfontazy

Veteran
did you make it hazyfontazy? i know trichomefarmer was in town for the new year, apparently it was absolutely fucking crazy, every coffee shop had huge cues outside the door going down the street, they all closed at 10pm too. while riding a bike was deadly as they allow hard core fireworks in Amsterdam and on new year anything goes, including throwing them just in front or behind passing bikes lol. they were throwing bangers around that made car alarms go off lol, let alone all the fireworks being set off in the normal way from just about every open space people could find.

it was mayhem ,,the cues were ridiculous,,the prices went up ,,no room anywhere,,ended up in kadinsky bar and wonderbar,,

fireworks started 31st and still going the 2nd at 6pm ,,were tame compared to the last nye i did in dam,,still mad though,,people throwing em out of car windows and every street was a firework display..

highly reccomended :biggrin:

Jahnice

thicker skin in training
ICMag Donor
New Year's Eve in the 'Dam' was firework madness. it started at dusk on the 31st and was a constant warzone all night long.
Coffeeshops were packed all day long and most closed at 10pm.

on the bright side....
there were light art installations hanging above the canals from the xmas holidays
and a huge public firework show for new years eve.
Totally freezing cold wind.

Jon 54

Sounds like a crazy time!!!! Out here in Southern California all I heard at midnight were way TOO MANY GUN'S being fired off.
A crazy tradition among"st the Hispanic people"s from south of the border.

Jon54

Last edited: