What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Virus in town Growers!! HpLVd: Hop Latent Viroid

Franco MF

The hop latent virus is a single-stranded RNA virus that mainly infects Hops and Cannabis plants.
Currently, HpLVd is the most devastating pathogen in Cannabis and removal of the infected plants to avoid transmission to the rest of the population.

Here some info about this deadly pathogen and how to detect it.

xxxxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:

whereisbrianV.

image_2117274.jpg
image_2117275.jpg
Lots of viruses will find cannabis suitable.

SeaDog_BC

Yeah that one ripped through everyone around here last year. The clone guys are PCR testing their moms for it now so I haven't seen it all this year,

Ralph W. Llama

Everything in moderation, including moderation. Heavy handed thread closing, editing info and posts at random, swinging the banhammer like Thor in a rage are all good ways to decrease participation and content. Heck, I got banned for a Monty Python quote …. I got better though.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Any info on this. Noticed all the clone vendors were saying they test. I have some sick GG4 from spider mites, and someone said to soak cuts in 1 cup 30% hydrogen peroxide and 2 cups water for 3 minutes. Saw someone suggest the same for HLVd plants. I am expecting some clones from cheap vendor, and thought I would do that to them to be safe. DO you think that treatment would kill cuts?

pjlive

Any info on this. Noticed all the clone vendors were saying they test. I have some sick GG4 from spider mites, and someone said to soak cuts in 1 cup 30% hydrogen peroxide and 2 cups water for 3 minutes.
I've not done this too much over time, but your concentration seems high to me compared to what I've used in the past for baths. But, I could easily be wrong too so what others report is good to hear. I've used ratios like 1:5 or 1:6 using a 3% hydrogen peroxide.

Loc Dog

Veteran
I've not done this too much over time, but your concentration seems high to me compared to what I've used in the past for baths. But, I could easily be wrong too so what others report is good to hear. I've used ratios like 1:5 or 1:6 using a 3% hydrogen peroxide.
If no one replies, will try at that strength on a few, and see how they do. Want to kill the mites before doing that, and starting new cuts. When you have done in the past, did you rinse them after, or soaked them in plain water? If so how long? TIA.

Glad you mentioned 3% H2O2. I had the strong stuff from some chemistry experiments.

Last edited:

pjlive

If no one replies, will try at that strength on a few, and see how they do. Want to kill the mites before doing that, and starting new cuts. When you have done in the past, did you rinse them after, or soaked them in plain water? If so how long? TIA.
If my memory is right, I soaked in the concentration for 15-20 minutes with no rinse. Although I think in both cases I made a more diluted foliar spray and applied that after they'd dried and looked like they were back on track again. In the cases where I did use this application method the plants recovered and the problem was remedied.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Has anyone treated cuts with Physan 20, or added to feed, maybe just at beginning of growth, or maybe after some roots have established?

Loc Dog

Veteran
If my memory is right, I soaked in the concentration for 15-20 minutes with no rinse. Although I think in both cases I made a more diluted foliar spray and applied that after they'd dried and looked like they were back on track again. In the cases where I did use this application method the plants recovered and the problem was remedied.
Was that for cuts about to be cloned, or after they were rooted?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyone that sells clones has to test his parental stock before offering anything. If they don't do not buy their clones. Better yet hunt your own keepers. Knock on wood I've never had a dudd yet.. I rarely take in other's clones. When I do they are tested 1st. It is the biggest cannabis health issue going around in all countries. Some of the biggest hyped brands are passing that shit around.

Latest posts

Latest posts