What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New to the site and first time in Amsterdam!

bud dwyer

Hey guys,
Ive been lurking for about a year since OG got shut down and finally decided to join. This is really the premier site these days! Me and my brother just graduated college and we are off to Amsterdam and Paris for some good times. We are going to be in the 'dam for 4 days from March 17-21. I want to go to the boutique and pick up some seeds at some point. Im looking forward to suggestions of fun things to do and any advice about March in Amsterdam.

Thanks

Take your winter clothes - in amsterdam in march it can be very cold - but It can also be warm and spring like - you will probably see both seasons EVERY DAY :biglaugh:

Make seed boutique one of your first stops - Op will give you good advice on coffee shops etc

GOOGLE 'UITBURO AMSTERDAM' and 'UNDERWATER AMSTERDAM' for listings sites to find out whats going on when you are in town

My fave coffee shops (highly recomended)

Damkring/2e Kamer
Grey Area
KATSU
Nes Cafe

Have a great time :joint:

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
brightside said:
Take your winter clothes - in amsterdam in march it can be very cold - but It can also be warm and spring like - you will probably see both seasons EVERY DAY :biglaugh:

Yep :biglaugh:

Allthough I have to say that we're (central europeans) have been having the craziest of weather. I mean it's supposed to be cold and snowy this tiome of year, and we're having an average of 15°C the last couple of weeks! :yoinks:

The netherlands are generally milder than germany so it should be roughly the same. Make sure to keep an eye on weather forecasts before you go. :yes:

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
Try to read through the others threads about Amsterdam, you should find all the info you want there.

Have fun.

tornado

u should have a good stay in amsterdam during march. I would recomend droping by coffeeshops the Noon (near leidseplein), the Rookerij (near leidseplein and one near muntplein) and the Green House is good (near the dam square and another 1 in an area called de pijp. I think it was tram 4 from damsquare but I can't remember where u get out).

other things worth checking out would be Museum Plein, the red light district (casa rossa, if you're into hoker shows). anne frank house is boring and has a line of 10000 people to get in so just forget that one. marijuana museum is a bit boring, torture museum really sucks. the old church is aiiiiiight on dam square.....

for the rest i recommend going to Club 11 if you are into electronic music. its next to central station.

hope this info helps, i wish i was there now.

bud dwyer

I saw that Ajax is playing in Eindhoven while Im going to be there. I found some tickets for 100 euro. Eindhoven didnt look far on the map. Think its worth going? Im not really a big football fan but Ive always wanted to see a match in Europe where people are actually excited about it.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
have yourself a great time, pity you can't make it a month latter :D

if you are a bong fan, then it's worth a visit to the roor shop on st.nicolas straat 25, it's the ally on the right before you reach homegrown fanta seeds from the dam square direction, walking towards the station.

anyway in there you can actually rent a roor bong for your stay, it's only 7 euros a day for the rental, plus you have to leave the value of the roor you are renting as a deposit.

if you are a bubble hash fan, you can't beat having a clean roor to smoke bubble in

bud dwyer

So do you just walk around town with a big ass roor in your hand? That seems a bit dangerous for some reason. For your health and the health of the Roor.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
nah man, you have to take a padded roor bong bag with you to keep every thing safe, you also leave the price of the bag as deposit. you get it all back, minus any glass pieces you brake. but as you know they are good quality bongs and don't brake unless mistreated.

last time i got stopped going over a red light with my rented bike by motorbike cop, i had my roor bag with bong on my shoulder and my rucksack had some 30 grams of weed and hash in it. but the cop never even thought about searching me. he was very polite.

keeko

are there any bike renters i should stay away from, like bad bikes or anything? And also, im not sure if it was amsterdam or not but somebody had some pictures from a zoo, i thought it might be amsterdam and thought that would be a fun thing to go to when high? any info on that?

Last edited:

Flasht2

keeko said:
And also, im not sure if it was amsterdam or not but somebody had some pictures from a zoo, i thought it might be amsterdam and thought that would be a fun thing to go to when high? any info on that?

LOL that does sound funny.. i am high currently and can imagine that and its funny. that's all the info i got :joint:

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
i always rent my bike here.

it's just down the street from damm square heading towards the sensi shop.
you should see the sign. when you see rennée's bakery.

bud dwyer

I just booked my stay in a houseboat called Deo Volente. I think its going to be better than a Hostel, for the same price. I want to be able to get some rest so I can hit the city hard while Im there.

growkind

Try to learn how to ride the trams around town. its a quick cheap way to get around, especially with the greenhouse in the SE part of town fron Central Station. try to get to Amnesia coffeeshop and Barneys always has a nice menu.

Don't forget to check out the Heineken plant and tour, the Anne Frank house, the Van Gogh museum, Canal boat tour, and obviously the red light district....

Latest posts

Latest posts