What's new

New Setup! WOOHOO

HighQ

:woohoo: I would like to start another setup. I want to give organic hydro a shot. I have been using an ebb and flow setup with growrocks. This new grow I want to try organic hydro because I want to grow MONSTER plants.(I have Ten foot ceilings in new area.) The area is 8x12x10. Here is the equip. I already have set aside to start this area:

(2) 1K watt HPS lamps with horizontal reflectors.
(1) 1K watt HPS lamp vertical mount.
(1) Co2 Injector and tank.
all misc. stuff I probably already have laying around.(i.e. cords, fans , timers etc.)

I am not new to this, but thought I'd get some insight before i made any final plans. Tentatively, I was thinking of cutting the area into Two rooms, a 8x4x10 Veg/Clone room and an8x8x10 Flowering room. If i put Two 1k's in the Flower room I'll be around 42watts/Sq Ft which is optimal for what I want . I'm thinking 15-20 LARGE (6'-8' plus) plants.

That's about as far as I've gotten so far, I would like an organic hydro setup that is easy to use and can be left alone for a few days if necessary.

I am used to growing around 4'-5' plants in my currrent systems so can't wait to get started on my "Bud Jungle"!

Any and all insights are appreciated.

Thanx
HighQ :joint:

G

That should be an ass rockin setup.

Bio-Buckets would probably be your best bet or start stackin in the 4'x4' e&f tables and get busy.

Co2 would probably help growth and help the plants deal with the heat

Good growin

Tex

HighQ

Hey guys, thanx for the reply. I'm thinking 12 6'-8' plants under 2 1Ks. I want 5 gal buckets, I was gonna use hydro but for the size of plants I want, I may go soil. Soil with an irrigation system . If I get a large enough res I could not have to fuck with it every day. Though who am I kidding, I can't stay out of my systems now.

HighQ

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well i for one cannot wait to see this setup in action with a nice centerfold of some pics to boot. Kick some ass High Q thanks for sharing.

Mr.Wags

Bonzo

Veteran
Howdy highq, how are ya, sounds like a great space your workin with, IMHO i woud go with freedom buckets, that can be run organically, and i would hang ALL your lights vertically. If you really plan on 6' to 8' foot plants why do you need 15 to 20 of them? You horizontal lights are going to be useless except for the upper most tops, i suggest you have a look at golmembers Bogglegum trees thread in bogs forum, he should have pics of the finished setup soon. I am currently growing 5' plants under two 1ks horizontally mounted and the lower stuff just doesnt recieve enough light. If you insist on leaving 2 lights horizontal check out ALL of "growerinshorts" threads, especially his all clone AK47 run. Once again theres more than 1 way to skin a cat and this is just my 2 cents. Good luck with whatever you decide on.

peace my friend

bonz

HighQ

Mr. wags, the building the room is to be in isn't even finished yet. When I get ready to actually start the room I wll do a Thread on my grow, with tons of pics.

Bonzo, Thanx for the great threads. You may be right on the horizontals, but thats what I have available now. I do however have a 1K hps vertical sitting around so if I feel the light is inadequate I can pop that vertical 1K right in the middle of them. As for the 15-20 plants I think it will be closer to 12. But as to the why more question, ARE U KIDDING ME? However, to keep the lighting optimal will have to go with less plants. Probably 12 max, but you can bet I'll be Packing them in as best as possible!

HighQ

3legdog

Plant height

Plant height

In my opinion anything taller than 5ft is going to need some lower supplimental lighting. I often get a fair ammt. of non dense lower popcorn buds because of this & since getting the bubblebags & HMK teachn' me how to make 'honey' i haven't been as mad/concearned. Bonzo hit it pretty darn well 6-8 ft & 15 or more plants would be nothing short of sm. national forest that i dont think i could control. I just started a new sativa flower room myself with higher ceillings...right now it has 3 well trained 5-6ftrs 1/2 way through flowering ...using a 940whps(Hortilux conv.) w/ a cool tube horizontally mounted & it's a packed house in there :yoinks: .Well best of luck with your trees & i will be tagging along if thats ok :wave: & would also gladly throw a few pics' up if you would like. Either way take care & grow big Peace :joint: 3ld :wave:
heres the size i like best yeilded approx.10ozs(w/bag appeal) + 14g of bubble hash + 3g of honey (hope yaz dont mind the pic)

sysprog

HighQ,
I love thinkers! Or is Tinkers! lol
For 1 you're pretty comfortable with e&f and it produces some nice results.
Trees however, do need massive roots and buckets are the way to go. I personally lean towards kfb and bio-buckets. I haven't dialed either system in though, so just going by the Trees I've seen detailed online. Multiflow buckets are nice too, especially for res maint. I also think that if res temps are a problem, multiflow offers the easiest way to keep the res down (remote res, nutes don't stay in the grow area long like a recirculating or constant flow) then kfb. As we have all witnessed, all of these methods can produce trees with massive yields!

Bio-buckets
pros: little res maint, no routine nute switches, no airpumps,root area,can handle pump failure
cons: huge res/water amt, big pumps, needs adequate waterfall height usually utilizes an aquarium skimmer

KFB:
pros: not really height (enuff for gravity flow to res) required, res holds majority of nutes for better control (temp&levels), plenty of root area for both water&air roots,combines drip & nft
cons: big airpump required (or multiple pumps), standard nute res management (change outs), won't last long without pump (trees would suck up the little in bottom of buckets quickly)

recirculating DWC-
pros: simple to setup, runs like normal dwc, can withstand pump failure
cons: lots of water, requires airpump. it's like 1/2 to a bio setup,lol

multiflow-
pros: root area, easy res management, 1 plumbing leak point, only requires enuff res for flooding of buckets & control bucket
cons: requires controller setup, timers, airpump, enuff height for gravity return to res, extremely dependent on pump

I have always thought trees are the way to grow. The trade off for longer veg time is larger yields, lol

Latest posts

Latest posts