What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Rosin Category for IC 420 2017

New Rosin Category for IC 420 2017

• have 1 cup made for the first place winner of the Rosin category?

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • have 2 cups made for 1st and 2nd in the Rosin category?

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
this year for the first time, the IC 420 Cup, will include a Rosin category as well as the normal categories. we have had beautiful glass trophies made and inscribed for the winners of the various categories in the IC 420 cup.

so, i was thinking to have 1 first place glass cup made for the winner of the new Rosin category, but maybe it would be better to go with 2 cups for the first and second place. this would mean going to 2 cups for the hash category as well, instead of 3 as in previous years.

so thats the poll question, 1 or 2 cups for the newest ic 420 cup category?

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
First.

Second place is just the first loser ;)

How much you need send in to compete?

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
I think it depends how many entries you think you'll get... if it's only a few then 1 cup but if its 10+ then 2 or 3...

:tiphat:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes depends on how many enter. 1st place is good if if only a few entries.

Don't forget Rosin can be difficult to handle. For me the only way is to freeze it.

DRM Ranch

While I understand that an entry that earns a 2nd place finish may be well above what most consider top notch stuff, it isn't a winner in this particular competition.

Perhaps a nice certificate is better for 2nd and 3rd place.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
be fair, if you have 10 entries of good rosin, there is nothing to be ashamed of making second place. specially as we have 1st 2nd and third for weed categories. but i do hear what you are saying, my initial idea was to go with 1 trophy.