What's new

New member Aussie outdoor grower

Gday from Australia
Just joined up, been growing for many years, some successes plenty of failures as well, bit of jail time but I still love growing weed. Currently battling HOT DRY climate already making plans for next season thinking buying a portable pool for extra waterings (I’ll see if I can work out how to send photos)

Old Piney

Welcome ! I got to think backward hear winter is summer and north is south. I'm thinking it's late summer for you and you should looking at a harvest soon. Unless your down south, I mean up north in the tropics and growing some cool long season sativas. Or just thinking ahead 😆

Last edited:

Old Piney

Yeah mate I live in the southern part of Australia most outdoor growers start seeds or clones October November or December and expect to harvest around march April. I’m currently getting prepared to dry outdoors finishing of a little shack in the woods with a generator fans etc
Nice! Would love to see some pictures and hear a little bit about what you been up to .there's a 2023 outdoor thread but unfortunately because we're all backwards a new one usually doesn't start up till around March

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Welcome friend, glad to see you. I used to put quite a few 45-gallon rubber trash cans with lids in the bush and fill them up in the Winter and Spring water. When it got hot and dry, and I ran out of water from of the creek, I would use the hidden stored water. Most of the time I had a surplus after the harvest and just dumped what was left out after harvest. Then refill them again in the next Winter and Spring. I never ran out of water all those years. Good luck friend, I hope you have a good year.

Welcome friend, glad to see you. I used to put quite a few 45-gallon rubber trash cans with lids in the bush and fill them up in the Winter and Spring water. When it got hot and dry, and I ran out of water from of the creek, I would use the hidden stored water. Most of the time I had a surplus after the harvest and just dumped what was left out after harvest. Then refill them again in the next Winter and Spring. I never ran out of water all those years. Good luck friend, I hope you have a good year.
Yep I got 7 small plots each one has a 75 litre bin full of water, I’ve used all of it up yeah what I got is looking ok I’ll hopefully pull in a decent bit but I’m a big believer in over engineering, love to see them looking LUSH !

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Yeah Gday @Frosty Nuggets
I’m just across the way in west oz growing in the bush guerilla style
I was born in WA, Port Headland.
Yep I got 7 small plots each one has a 75 litre bin full of water, I’ve used all of it up yeah what I got is looking ok I’ll hopefully pull in a decent bit but I’m a big believer in over engineering, love to see them looking LUSH !
Look up Olla watering system, it is a terracotta pot connected to a water source like a bucket that weeps water into the soil, it uses 61% less water;

X15

Welcome Bud! Currently missing the hot/dry weather. It’s been cold and wet around here!