What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Laptop Has No CD/DVD Drive

Green Squall

I just got a sweet Toshiba Satellite 15.6 2 in 1 Laptop with Windows 10 and I love everything about it except it doesn't have a CD/DVD Drive. I buy used CD's for my music needs since it's way cheaper than buying music via itunes. I'm assuming an external drive would be my best bet? Can someone recommend one? I don't really know what to look for. Looking for middle of the road quality. I don't want a piece of junk but don't need top of the line either. Thanks.

Green Squall

Thats more affordable than I thought they would be. I don't plan on watching DVD's on the laptop. I need it for downloading CD's and maybe the very occasional computer game.

Skip

Veteran
I've got a Toshiba like yours. :)

I have a samsung external dvd drive, works great!
However I never use it anymore.

I use an android box hooked up to a tv for all my entertainment needs (using Kodi!)

Green Squall

Awesome, Skip. I'm really impressed with with the laptop. It sure beats my 10 year old Dell.

Someone suggested I look on Newegg for the drive and I found some great deals. I recommend it to anyone looking for anything computer related.