What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Jersey Thread

Mr.Miner

As of last week its closer on votes
even thuo the bill sucks and swallows I still want it to pass.
then a shit storm of med patients can get together and fight the no grows,
hey its meds no way should the mmj card holders be forced to pay for their meds.
card holders should be able to grow.

Amen.

Pipedream

Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969
Veteran
The word now is they will repost the bill for voting in May. The idea is by then they'll get the two or three votes they were short this time around, so it will have a better chance of passing. Time will tell.

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
I heard on the radio that the vote will end up as a referendum with the voters.......

....in 2020.

Jersey is a -joke- when it comes to stuff like this.
What surprises me is that there is a TON of tax revenue to be had in decriminalization/legalization. And with the social(ist) welfare kings and queens in charge of the state, you'd think they would be all for it.

-cap

Pipedream

Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969
Veteran
:rasta:

They're all a bunch of crooked Leftist Extremists.
Both parties have moved so far from center they're out of touch with everyone and reality itself.
I wish there was a true Libertarian path that could sway the remaining majority.
No mater how I view it I feel like I'm getting screwed.

:rasta:

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
Due to the major cities (Newark, Jersey City, Camden) and those residents' tendancies to vote strictly on democratic party lines, and Gov Christie's polarizing ways of 'leadership' Im afraid it will be some time before Libertarian, let alone Republican leadership will take the insanity out of the state.......Insane how people vote for democrats. Property taxes alone should keep (R) candidates in power for decades, but, you know.....
Big cities that arent getting any better seem hell-bent on constantly falling for false promises from the dems.
I mean, really......has Newark, Jersey City, or Camden gotten ANY better from doing as such?

NO.

Best option is to move out of state, Im afraid. And many, MANY people are doing just that.

FWIW....

-cap

Amynamous

CONGRATS NEW JERSEY!!
Sucks for NewYork to lose all of that tax money as New Yorkers flock en masse to her sister state for rec. weed.:D

:rtfo:

safetyfirst66

CONGRATS NEW JERSEY!!
Sucks for NewYork to lose all of that tax money as New Yorkers flock en masse to her sister state for rec. weed.:D

:rtfo:

Would not surprise me, with the speed of things legislatively in NJ, if New York and Pennsylvania have rec shops open before NJ XD. Also no home grow with this bs that was just voted on. Wtf

Gone Camping

Would not surprise me, with the speed of things legislatively in NJ, if New York and Pennsylvania have rec shops open before NJ XD. Also no home grow with this bs that was just voted on. Wtf

That was a dangling carrot to get the votes.. now they snatch it back.

NJ residents need to raise a stink..

I can cross the river and be in NJ in minutes, but i dont know if i could bring myself to that with their deception.

Oldthrasher

It's a total mess. This legislation is going to put the entire industry in the hands of corporations and millionaire investors. The revenue is headed to to fund "drug identification" programs for law enforcement, instead of infrastructure. And now there's some bull shit sliding tax scale that will go into effect when (more like if) the price per ounce ever goes down. They will delay and regulate out the nose. So much for the people's voice.

skylineview

It looks like the only real good thing about this law is that possession is legalized. The dispensaries will take forever to get up and running and will be a joke like the medical dispensaries are. We can't grow and I suspect the powers that be in NJ will be very resistant to home growing. We all know the mentality of our state government is to rip the people off as much as possible.

Latest posts

Latest posts