What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Grower Intro and a question about filtering/fans in a small tent?

DionySis

Hi everyone,

My partner and I are starting a small grow, 2 auto plants per tent, LST, blah blah...he's really been devouring the growing techniques and I've been focused on the technical stuff. He's the green thumb, I'm the builder geek.

I've been lurking in several forums for a month now and this space seems to be the most knowledgeable and mature. A lady has to be choosey :D

Anywhoo...I was coming here today to look for specific things about a simple...non industrial grade...carbon filter setup for our small grow tents(probably 40x40x120 for me and a bit shorter for him as he has roommates and I do not), and figured I better register since I may have to ask questions at some point.

We have researched/explored the option of a small pc grow for weeks, but in the end the *only* reason we were doing that was concealment and he came up with a workable solution at his place for that, with a tent. We don't want to stunt our yields. ;)

So now we are getting serious about gathering our supplies and such and I keep seeing grow tent how to videos with huge expensive duct fans and major carbon extractors and ducting. Noise control is imperative! Plus, that just seems like overkill for our small tents. He's thinking we can still use 125/150mm fans with a DIY carbon filter and I want to make sure that will work.

Basically, I want to K.I.S.S(silly) with this project. :)

So glad to be here and finally not hiding in the shadows. :woohoo:

DionySis (American in Zagreb, Croatia)

RenaissanceBrah

Hi everyone,

My partner and I are starting a small grow, 2 auto plants per tent, LST, blah blah...he's really been devouring the growing techniques and I've been focused on the technical stuff. He's the green thumb, I'm the builder geek.

I've been lurking in several forums for a month now and this space seems to be the most knowledgeable and mature. A lady has to be choosey :D

Anywhoo...I was coming here today to look for specific things about a simple...non industrial grade...carbon filter setup for our small grow tents(probably 40x40x120 for me and a bit shorter for him as he has roommates and I do not), and figured I better register since I may have to ask questions at some point.

We have researched/explored the option of a small pc grow for weeks, but in the end the *only* reason we were doing that was concealment and he came up with a workable solution at his place for that, with a tent. We don't want to stunt our yields. ;)

So now we are getting serious about gathering our supplies and such and I keep seeing grow tent how to videos with huge expensive duct fans and major carbon extractors and ducting. Noise control is imperative! Plus, that just seems like overkill for our small tents. He's thinking we can still use 125/150mm fans with a DIY carbon filter and I want to make sure that will work.

Basically, I want to K.I.S.S(silly) with this project. :)

So glad to be here and finally not hiding in the shadows. :woohoo:

DionySis (American in Zagreb, Croatia)

Didn't catch what exactly was your question, but in terms of filter, easiest to just buy a standard one online.

If you guys are into DIY, you can easily build your own, just need to source some parts and a few hours of messing around. If you search in google "diy carbon filter cannabis" you'll find some good tutorials, I used some of the ones that come up first.

You can take a 5 gallon paint bucket, drill a bunch of ~3/4" holes in there, and make your own carbon filter... where you can replace the carbon out once it stops working, instead of buying a whole new unit.

How you liking Zagreb? I passed through there before, good people