What's new

New dosatrons pls help me with this plant issue, whole room dying off, Jacks 3-2-1

p0opstlnksal0t

Unfortunately i set my injector system up with only 1 Blue lab inline EC/PH meter. this means i cant measure the ratio of each fertilizer getting injected. i plan to rectify this after this crop but im hoping i can fix this run and recoup the electric costs put into it.

I started this journey with 2x 128:1 injectors using jacks Hydroponic. i took the standard rough 3grams base, 2grams Calcinit, 1gram epsom per gallon and multiplied by 128 which got me 384g base and 128g epsom in the first stock tank per gallon then 256grams calcinit per gallon in stock tank 2. what i found was that this method only got my EC up to like .6-.7 EC which is well below where i needed it. im right around 1.4 EC now but ive been plagued with extreme deffeciencies since. I never used to have these issues when running a premixed reservoir for nutrients. the other change going from reservoir to dosers is using 2 gallon active aqua pots instead of the previous 5 gallon. this allowed me to get root bound much faster and start multifeeding faster. i feed every 2 hours now during lights on.
2.jpg
1.jpg

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Judging from your pictures it’s going to be tough to retrieve this crop...Even if you could bring them back to health they’re probably stressed beyond productivity:chin:

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
How many gallons of stock solution did you mix?
Do you have a mixing chamber in between the two dosatrons?
Do you have a hand meter that you can check the solution coming out of the drippers with?

p0opstlnksal0t

I'm gonna check them now. No mixing Chambers I assume the amount of piping between everything would mix the solution up sufficiently. I'm going to disconnect the second doseaTron and check the feed coming out of the first tank first at least then I'll know the ratio. Both tanks are 30 gallon stock tanks

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
You may wish to put something like this in between the dosers
https://www.qcsupply.com/dosatron-1in-mixing-chamber.html

I think you're on the right track but your A is outpacing your B quite a bit. I go much heavier on the calcium and use a more concentrated pull. Still 1-to-1 but at 1:100. A ~350 g/gallon. B ~440 g/gal., no epsom. Works pretty good as long as you have good drainage, PAR, VPD....

p0opstlnksal0t

Holy shit! My inline meter is way off.... I should have confirmed this long before now! 4.3x ec, inline Meter says 1.4 ec. Runoff is 4.5x ec. Got an extreme case of nutrient lockout here. I kept overcorrecting until my inline meter showed me at 1.4 EC but now I know it's messed up.
Screenshot_20210426-121837_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210426-121848_Gallery.jpg

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don’t let it get you down ...if you’re a grower shit is going to inevitably happen....