What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Caledonia

Kiefcake

It's not the most awesome thing to happen in flower. I realized it after chopping down the Panama Haze, when I saw two small tender shoots coming out of a top bud. This New Cal looks like it's going to be good smoke. The smell and yield looks to be worth keeping around, it's nice having some plants giving a decent yield, definitely jaded on growing good smoking plants that produce very little, which I have been eliminating from the room, regardless of how fire they are

Kiefcake

Two of the New Cal bleeds purple/red
20220918_091805.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for your support @Boss Cocky ;) I hope you enjoy experiencing our New Caledonian sativa release.
You can expect a very high female ratio with this strain, easily 70 % or more are females.

It's quite a statement to say that cannabis males have a distinct smell Cactus Squatter :) don't think so imho, although it's quite an interesting thought!
i would certainly say, every plant is different regardless of the gender.

OntologicalTurn love to see your 2 New Caledonians producing such nice colas :smoke: the long, resinous, tear shaped calyxes are very sexy ....
If the plants were flowered with increasing photoperiod is not rare that some produce some bananas, especially with not so tamed or sexually stable landrace types like this one.
An increasing photoperiod at some point during flowering can produce hormone imbalances.

Hi Kiefcake i'm sorry to hear that, yours indeed looks revegged and like it got burnt with the feeding, light, fan, etc .... hope you can give the strain another chance in the future.

Kiefcake

Thanks for your support @Boss Cocky ;) I hope you enjoy experiencing our New Caledonian sativa release.
You can expect a very high female ratio with this strain, easily 70 % or more are females.

It's quite a statement to say that cannabis males have a distinct smell Cactus Squatter :) don't think so imho, although it's quite an interesting thought!
i would certainly say, every plant is different regardless of the gender.

OntologicalTurn love to see your 2 New Caledonians producing such nice colas :smoke: the long, resinous, tear shaped calyxes are very sexy ....
If the plants were flowered with increasing photoperiod is not rare that some produce some bananas, especially with not so tamed or sexually stable landrace types like this one.
An increasing photoperiod at some point during flowering can produce hormone imbalances.

Hi Kiefcake i'm sorry to hear that, yours indeed looks revegged and like it got burnt with the feeding, light, fan, etc .... hope you can give the strain another chance in the future.
I'm already giving it another chance, the long dense fragrant conical buds put it in it keeper category, pending smoke test.
It constantly kept growing into the light, and the stem got so thick and tough I could no longer crush it in my fingers, so it stayed as close it could to the light. There's 2 of the new caledonia I'm running again, both are about a week into flower.

Positive side note, I didn't see any nanners on either one after a month long of light being 24 hours in the reveg.

I'm Definitely impressed by what I've seen from this one

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
excellent Kiefcake glad to hear that Glad you are flowering more NCs, love the bleeding on them :love:

Most probably your indoor temps are now in autumn much more of the taste for NC,
so your NC plants are in better disposition to reach their best potential during flowering.

All the best for the flowering stage @TexasTea with your lovely NC :)

RobFromTX

Id sure love to see some new caledonia sativa pics if someones got them. I just realize all the colorful photos ive been looking at are of the indica cross? I have the full sativa seeds and i plant to grow her indoors soon

RobFromTX

the new caledonians are fine. they continue to flower, producing trichomes and exuding delicious aromas.
View attachment 18744331
View attachment 18744332
View attachment 18744333

the only news is the appearance of platanitos (or nannies I think they call it in English) in one of the branches of the most branched phenotype
View attachment 18744337

I do not know if it is due to some stress, or if it is common in this variety. In any case, it does not hurt to have more seeds of this strain.
Beautys! these are the full on sativas?

Keif Cake

Veteran
excellent Kiefcake glad to hear that Glad you are flowering more NCs, love the bleeding on them :love:

Most probably your indoor temps are now in autumn much more of the taste for NC,
so your NC plants are in better disposition to reach their best potential during flowering.

All the best for the flowering stage @TexasTea with your lovely NC :)
The Temps should definitely be good for the next several months, it's only been getting up to about 85F The past couple of weeks.
I topped it this time as well, which will help a lot in controlling the height.

RobFromTX

Rob, if you go back towards the beginning of the thread I posted several pics of the colorful NC1 sativa. ;) Very easy to grow and well behaved plant, not too bad on the flowering time, and really great fruity aromas.
Thats everything im looking for in a plant(y)

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Thanks man! Yes, I grew two plants previously and they were both from a #1 pack. One turned amazing fall colors and that one was also very fruity and spicy smelling and tasting. :)