What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Caledonia

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I decided to take her down this morning. Her flowering seemed to be about done, and she was starting to form a few stress nanners, no doubt due to some light leaks. Anyway, just a lovely plant, really purpled up these past two weeks. I had a few moments while trimming where I was seeing that weird structure that dubi captured in his promo pics. Fun stuff...so no tutti fruiti in this plant, but still smells like it will be nice herb, especially after a good cure, which she is going to need due to her fairly high leaf ratio...my bonsai cuttings are not doing too much, probably needed more veg time to take off, and an earlier cutting rather than budded branches might have caught them at a better hormonal stage. So I might bag them in favor of Z x KC.

PXL_20221114_115629915.jpg
PXL_20221114_115734794.jpg

goingrey

Really nice dark green buds @TexasTea !

Do you find the New Caledonia similar to any Mexican cannabis? I ask because there is another company that has a writeup on New Caledonian cannabis online and they say the origins are Mexican, and with Texas in your name surely you must be well-acquainted with weed from south of the border...

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looks delicious @TexasTea :yummy: and closer to faster flowering NC version II with indica influence, which usually is not so fruity, more lemony musky. Did you keep clones of her ? Looks like a really interesting plant to explore further, a pitty she showed some nanners in late flowering, New Caledonia is not the most sexually stable strain (yet!), but the effects and terpenes are top notch, line is truly worth the trouble of going through a few plants and find those great ones that are sexually firm.

goingrey to me New Caledonia I pure sativa version is like a mix of traits from Mexican and Thai sativas, while the NC version II is those pure sativa traits mixed with some indica influence from modern hybrids.

funkyhorse

Dubi, your description really makes me curious about this strain
I read somewhere that in order to achieve 3 meter tall plants I had to sprout them in spring, so I sprouted them on spring solstice
After 2 months growing them outdoors in the hope it will help against hermaphroditic tendencies as it seems to happen with Zamal and Thai, they are quite uniform and they have reached 1,20 meter tall in a 1,3 liter pot, they were really demanding bigger legs so they were uppoted to 5 lt pots and they will stay there until sexing
They look happy with the humid weather so far. No fungus issues
New Caledonia (3).jpeg
New Caledonia (4).jpeg

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Looks delicious @TexasTea :yummy: and closer to faster flowering NC version II with indica influence, which usually is not so fruity, more lemony musky. Did you keep clones of her ? Looks like a really interesting plant to explore further, a pitty she showed some nanners in late flowering, New Caledonia is not the most sexually stable strain (yet!), but the effects and terpenes are top notch, line is truly worth the trouble of going through a few plants and find those great ones that are sexually firm.

goingrey to me New Caledonia I pure sativa version is like a mix of traits from Mexican and Thai sativas, while the NC version II is those pure sativa traits mixed with some indica influence from modern hybrids.
Thanks Dubi! Yes, this one has more earthy hashplant type aromas than the Version 1 sativa type NC that I grew. Still, there is a hint of fruity spice in there. It tastes good already and the buzz is mild but pleasant. I will get it down to low 60's humidity over the next few days and get her jarred up for a nice long cure.

I did take two cuttings and got them to root. But, I failed to let them veg for very long, and so they have stayed a tiny size and are flowering away as little 'budlets". They also had been flowering already for a couple of weeks so they probably didn't want to revert back to veg stage without being given more time. Sometimes I am in too much of a hurry... I might just pull them and try something else. I'm thinking about those micro grow plans I was talking about earlier.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi @funkyhorse really happy to see you finally growing some New Caledonia in your greenhouse this season :) This strain can easily surpass the 3 meters if you start from seed in spring and without limiting the pot size, even reach 4-5 meters if planted grown in the soil from spring.

You can prune their main top if you want to improve their side branching growth before transplanting to bigger pots.

I have the feeling this NC female is going to be interesting after a good curing @TexasTea ;) and you may decide to reveg some of the smaller copies to keep growing her!

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Great stuff @TexasTea ! Stoked about your micro thing. Is that a homebox q30?
Yeah man, the smallest Homebox that they make. I have two of them set up with a power strip mounted inside the roof, and I'm just using simple screw in LEDs with plug adapters. It does not get easier than that and it is simple to adjust wattage or bulbs as desired. With just two 7 watt bulbs it seems like I get plenty of light, so will be interesting to see how it goes. ;)

Keif Cake

Veteran
If I didn't know any better, I'd think somebody smashed all of Nevilles best work together to create New Caledonia. The herm plant I harvested looks more Haze than any I've grown so far. And the scents I'm picking up are what people describe the best Hazes having.

20221129_215012.jpg
20221129_215040.jpg

Then there is this one, which looks like some of the NL Haze crosses I've seen posted. Big thick chunky resinous buds that run the length of the stem, long flowering for sure, I'd say another 4-6 weeks before finishing. I harvested a Honduras x Panama, a Malawi finishing up ripening, and PanHaze looking weeks close to finishing, and all were planted at the same time. But this one doesn't even look close. Pics don't capture the pink hue on the buds, extremely pretty plant,
20221202_213233.jpg

20221202_214651.jpg
20221202_214713.jpg

This is indeed a very interesting line to look through, will be ordering more as soon they're in stock where I order

Attachments

• 20221202_213209.jpg
    20221202_213209.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 69

funkyhorse

Life gives unexpected surprises and plants too
Things are different indoors and outdoors
New Caledonia in my environment is auto, this means I can grow this all year round
Take around 70 days to show sex outdoors growing on ascending sun hours 2 weeks before summer solstice
So basically when Thais show sex, this New Caledonian girls will be ready.
I was looking for long flowering sativas that can grow outdoors at any time of the year here. I was looking at the wrong place with the middle eastern varieties. Not because they are not good but because in my environment they go full PM even in a dry year like this. Really looking forwards to smoke these caledonian girls
All of them went into the vegboxes
New Caledonian girls 1 and 2 showed sex at 1,30 meters tall. Girl 2 to the right showed some PM on leaves so I put her next to the window for constant airflow. Thats the most I can do for her
New Caledonia girls 1 and 2.jpeg

New Caledonian girls 3 and 4 showed sex at 1,60 and 1,75 mts tall, still two plants left to sex
New Caledonia girls 3 and 4.jpeg

Have a nice Virgin Day

MadMac

far beyond driven...
hello,
well here is one of my fav's ...
Caledonia Haze - Caledonia/OHz x OHz
many thx @dubi for this amazing genetics...
you're right... high and smell are very special like the haze...
and combined ... duhhh ❤️
she suffered a little while i'll was all time away... dry out a few times and over watering... when i'll left home...
but all those sativa's made it ... and since i'm back they shine ;-)
IMG_4707.jpeg
IMG_4709.jpeg

she is like my OHz queen now... i'll used the reversed queen on her.... but different terpene...
love that stuff... kept me up all the year @ my work... such a creative positive pleasure...
worth the 16 weeks + ... yield and resin production is top...
many thx & keep it up!
one love
M.

need4weed

Veteran
Thanks Costa ;) Glad you are still enjoying there with your New Caledonian harvest.

Some of my last NC buds, with more than 6 months of curing, gone long time ago, sorry for the crappy pic. I really miss a fresh harvest of this sativa, for me New Caledonia's potency and quality of the effects are on par with Haze, yet i consider NC more positive, brighter than Haze which is usually colder. Terps are very different too, NC is super fruity, Haze terps are ....well: Haze terps :) far to be so fruity. I love both. View attachment 18080404
That's awesome Dubi, haze quality and potency without the looong flowering time. Texas tea describes it as mild in potency, I know everyone's definition is different but I can't image this strain being mild or just medium strength

Cactus Squatter

I see now why you sing its praises Dubi.
I’ve never felt such a clear headed and up high without a raciness to it like this before. Very energizing, positive feeling and happy kind of high.
We only sampled a little bit of an early dried piece and really like it. My wife said it’s the best “work out” weed she’s ever smoked. Said it made her gym trip seem super easy and fun.
The one that I grew out was a very light and fluffy structure so I ended up cobbing most of it. We’re really excited to get into them in a few months.

Latest posts

Latest posts